Series Talk: MDSF Flyers (3) vs Penguins (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
DZfqPQUV4AA-U_q.jpg
just looked him up on twitter...this is the twat that threw pens jersey on Mr. Snider statue...TOTAL DOUCHE. jed@jedidiah412

Last edited:

SympatheticResonance

Jan 29, 2010
i just read an article talking about the 2012 series. In the article it was mentioned that the flyers that year had 1300 penalty minutes, and no team in the nhl has exceeded that amount since.

Looking at previous flyers seasons, the correlations between pim's and success is very interesting. It makes you think that there may be more to PIM's than just powerplays and penalty kills.
In those years...2012 especially, when the Flyers were shorthanded you never felt like they were going to give up a goal. It didn't matter who was in goal or who was on the ice. Of course I think Giroux did a lot of penalty killing at that time (please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly). I remember Hartnell getting under the other teams' skin and taking stupid penalties, but they always seemed to be killed off.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I want to crush them in this series in a way that sets them mentally back 5 years. We all know that lurking in Crosby and especially Malkin is the potential for them to be turned into total shadows, let's bring it out in them again.

I always had the attitude when they got both of those players that I could handle them winning 3 cups with them, with the deck that stacked they really should have. Let's destroy their confidence in a way that derails the tail end of both of their careers and they win no more.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I want to crush them in this series in a way that sets them mentally back 5 years. We all know that lurking in Crosby and especially Malkin is the potential for them to be turned into total shadows, let's bring it out in them again.

I always had the attitude when they got both of those players that I could handle them winning 3 cups with them, with the deck that stacked they really should have. Let's destroy their confidence in a way that derails the tail end of both of their careers and they win no more.

They have a really good team and are b2b SC champions. They are very talented and can burn you on many ways. Nevertheless I believe in the Flyers to make it a competitive series. Who knows?

My biggest concern? Coaching.

Not only because ours tends to make questionable decisions but because theirs seem to be a smart guy.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania

I could watch highlights of that 2012 series allll day.

Giroux leveling Crosby and scoring a goal all in just the first 30 seconds of Game 6 = awesome.

How would you all feel about them bringing the “Doop” goal song back? If just for this one series at least? We could use some of that 2012 mojo against these *** clowns.

Boy it would be so fitting for the Flyers to end their run. Wouldn’t let them hear the end of it. And the best thing is you know how much it would bother their fans, seeing as they always have us in their thoughts even after winning Stanley Cups. Pathetic. Hope they enjoy this window while they can - can’t see them lucking into more generational talents.

Reactions: Angry Hockey Dad

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
In those years...2012 especially, when the Flyers were shorthanded you never felt like they were going to give up a goal. It didn't matter who was in goal or who was on the ice. Of course I think Giroux did a lot of penalty killing at that time (please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly). I remember Hartnell getting under the other teams' skin and taking stupid penalties, but they always seemed to be killed off.

giroux and talbot and read and coots were our two main pk groups. hartnell didn't really do much instigating that series. In fact the Flyers just played hockey that series. The Pens kept choking leads and losing and they eventually flipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad