Series Talk: MDSF Flyers (3) vs Penguins (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Wednesday, April 11, 7pm: Flyers @ Penguins

Friday, April 13, 7pm: Flyers @ Penguins

Sunday, April 15, 3pm: Penguins @ Flyers

Wednesday, April 18, 7pm: Penguins @ Flyers

*Friday, April 20, TBD: Flyers @ Penguins

*Sunday, April 22, TBD: Penguins @ Flyers

*Tuesday, April 24, TBD: Flyers @ Penguins

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This may be the last time that we will go into a playoff series against them with no expectations, so we can relax. As if lol. Theoretically, we can relax, or rather you guys can. I can wish I could relax. The biggest downside of this series is that the main NBC crew will be all over this, and thus all over us like mange on a sewer rat.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
This may be the last time that we will go into a playoff series against them with no expectations, so we can relax. As if lol. Theoretically, we can relax, or rather you guys can. I can wish I could relax. The biggest downside of this series is that the main NBC crew will be all over this, and thus all over us like mange on a sewer rat.
So much Pierre love for Crosby. Someone make up a drinking game

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
So much Pierre love for Crosby. Someone make up a drinking game

I love how every team's fanbase thinks broadcasters prefer the other team. Pierre adores Giroux, Konecny, Provorov, and Ghost. He gushes over all 4. He also loves Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Kessel.

Here's a secret: Pierre really, really likes hockey. He also really, really likes good hockey players, and all of those listed are really, really good hockey players. Is he annoying? Yes, but it's not like he isn't fair in his good hockey player manlove.

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed that the NBC team isn't more vocally biased towards the Penguins, given that both Eddie O and Pierre have coached the team and Doc is a essentially a yinzer (born in Indiana, but grew up a Pirates fan and covered the Penguins in their early days). But yeah, I spent 7 years of my adult life in Pittsburgh watching Flyers/Penguins games with their fans, and they have the same complaints. It's like Joe Buck: if literally everyone thinks the guy hates their team, it probably means he doesn't.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I will not be listening to second of Pierre and Doc calling these games. They really do make it MUCH worse. Muting and putting on the Saunders and Coatesy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I love how every team's fanbase thinks broadcasters prefer the other team. Pierre adores Giroux, Konecny, Provorov, and Ghost. He gushes over all 4. He also loves Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Kessel.

Here's a secret: Pierre really, really likes hockey. He also really, really likes good hockey players, and all of those listed are really, really good hockey players. Is he annoying? Yes, but it's not like he isn't fair in his good hockey player manlove.

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed that the NBC team isn't more vocally biased towards the Penguins, given that both Eddie O and Pierre have coached the team and Doc is a born-and-raised yinzer. But yeah, I spent 7 years of my adult life in Pittsburgh watching Flyers/Penguins games with their fans, and they have the same complaints. It's like Joe Buck: if literally everyone thinks the guy hates their team, it probably means he doesn't.

You are out of your f***ing mind.

You must have missed the Stanley Cup last season when they were actively rooting for Pittsburgh over Nashville.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
You are out of your ****ing mind.

You must have missed the Stanley Cup last season when they were actively rooting for Pittsburgh over Nashville.

Watched the whole thang (and I lived in Nashville for a time too, so I know a handful of Preds fans). It's just perception.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed that the NBC team isn't more vocally biased towards the Penguins, given that both Eddie O and Pierre have coached the team and Doc is a essentially a yinzer (born in Indiana, but grew up a Pirates fan and covered the Penguins in their early days). But yeah, I spent 7 years of my adult life in Pittsburgh watching Flyers/Penguins games with their fans, and they have the same complaints. It's like Joe Buck: if literally everyone thinks the guy hates their team, it probably means he doesn't.
Idk what fan base you're with and I certainly realize our own announcers are homers but if you don't think Edzo and Pierre have some Crosby lovefest, you're not listening. I'm pretty sure all other teams fanbases will say the same. It's no secret that the Pens and Crosby are the nhls beloved and by proxy loved by NBC broadcasters

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Watched the whole thang (and I lived in Nashville for a time too, so I know a handful of Preds fans). It's just perception.

Nope. You just weren't paying attention.

There have even been petitions started to remove Maguire from calling Penguins games by non-Flyers fans.

The bias in the finals last year was very real and very unprofessional and pissed off a lot of people.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Tbh. Im not expecting them to win this series but i hope they surprise me because if they can beat their worst matchup i feel they can beat anyone in the east IMO.
The only way we win any games is by getting tougher and faster. The Pens skated circles around us last game - they have some great conditioning.

Bring up Morin and insert some youth into the bottom 6.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
The only way we win any games is by getting tougher and faster. The Pens skated circles around us last game - they have some great conditioning.

Bring up Morin and insert some youth into the bottom 6.

The key to beating them is staying out the box. If the flyers make this a battle of special teams pens will win in 5 or 6. Flyers need to keep this series 5on5 because the pens are one of the bottom 5 teams when playing 5on5.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Idk what fan base you're with and I certainly realize our own announcers are homers but if you don't think Edzo and Pierre have some Crosby lovefest, you're not listening. I'm pretty sure all other teams fanbases will say the same. It's no secret that the Pens and Crosby are the nhls beloved and by proxy loved by NBC broadcasters

I'm sitting in a Pep Boys waiting room with a Flyers hat, Flyers socks, and a Mitchell & Ness Flyers sweater on, if that helps.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
The key to beating them is staying out the box. If the flyers make this a battle of special teams pens will win in 5 or 6. Flyers need to keep this series 5on5 because the pens are one of the bottom 5 teams when playing 5on5.
Eh pissing off Malkin and not letting them muscle you around also helps.

When Flip is your matchup vs Crosby, you still have to worry about 5 on 5 hockey

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Eh pissing off Malkin and not letting them muscle you around also helps.

When Flip is your matchup vs Crosby, you still have to worry about 5 on 5 hockey

Lets just hope Flip turns into the Detroit champion version because flyers will lose some matchups especially being on the road.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad