Series Talk: MDSF Flyers (3) vs Penguins (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Tbf at 5v5 the Flyers have a good team defense and *should* be able to at least limit the Penguins.

The problem is the PK... cant be at their usual in season level if they want to have a good chance of getting past the Pens.
Hopefully if we do lose the PK is at the focal point do they change things dramatically. That’s going to be a major issue next year when we are going to be more of a threat.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i just read an article talking about the 2012 series. In the article it was mentioned that the flyers that year had 1300 penalty minutes, and no team in the nhl has exceeded that amount since.

Looking at previous flyers seasons, the correlations between pim's and success is very interesting. It makes you think that there may be more to PIM's than just powerplays and penalty kills.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
tenor.gif

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
National tv, playoffs, the leagues darlings
The PP’s are going to be abundant, Lappy is going to get exposed and that hopefully will bring change to the PK because it’s terrible

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Flip , Torgo, Manning just can't all be in the same line up vs the Pens. Just too much crap play to overcome, and too slow to keep up.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Yesterday the Flyers - Penguins thread had the most pages on the Playoff board....I just checked now, and the Leafs-Bruins thread has 61 pages to our 35.

I don't even have to enter that thread to know its probably a cluster****
lol i went to the political boards to prepare after that mess anything on the main is childs play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad