Series Talk: MDSF Flyers (3) vs Penguins (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Reactions: Amorgus

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Honestly if we can manage to just win 1 game in OT then I'll be able to live with the result no matter what I suppose.

We havent played in an OT game since against NJ in 2012 where Ponikorvsky (sp????) crushed our hopes and dreams.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Honestly if we can manage to just win 1 game in OT then I'll be able to live with the result no matter what I suppose.

We havent played in an OT game since against NJ in 2012 where Ponikorvsky (sp????) crushed our hopes and dreams.

worst line change of all time. Part of me thinks it was a designed play that expertly executed by KOVY

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
TSN Playoff Preview

Bob Mac - “penguins best player is their powerplay”. True comment

O’Neill - “goaltending will be important”. Yeah nothing earth shattering here.

Ferraro - “The Flyers literally dragged Couturier to an offensive role this year. If he is matched up against Crosby or Malkin he better still score for the Flyers to have a chance.” Uhhhhh are you inferring he didn’t play top competition this year? Lol

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
TSN Playoff Preview

Bob Mac - “penguins best player in their powerplay”. True comment

O’Neill - “goaltending will be important”. Yeah nothing earth shattering here.

Ferraro - “The Flyers literally dragged Couturier to an offensive roll this year. If he is matched up against Crosby or Malkin he better still score for the Flyers to have a chance.” Uhhhhh are you inferring he didn’t play top competition this year? Lol
I'd be surprised if a single Canadian hockey analyst watched a minute of the Flyers when they weren't playing a Canadian team or the final game of the season against the Rangers.

TSN and Sportsnet rarely showed Flyers highlights that involved Flyers goals... even in games they won.

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
I'd be surprised if a single Canadian hockey analyst watched a minute of the Flyers when they weren't playing a Canadian team or the final game of the season against the Rangers.

TSN and Sportsnet rarely showed Flyers highlights that involved Flyers goals... even in games they won.
hahha they're f***ing morons, last pens game TSN showed all pens goals and none of ours (in a 4-3 game). Lets beat these f***holes and help them relocate

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada

i remember watching one of the flyers leafs games on TSN rather than stream like normally and f*** ray ferraro is a moron. with like 5 mins left he says flyers getting dominated on draws. Then they win draw and quickly get puck up ice and couts scored with 3 mins left on that sick pass from G and he says Flyers dominating draws all night :laugh:. can't forget that shit

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada

OK THANK YOU. I'm not the only one who's noticed. Hell, CBC won't even show the Flyers on the out of town scoreboard during HNIC. No respect.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

There’s a name I forgot existed.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
It's going to be tough but the Penguins haven't been that great this season. At one stage it looked like they may be on the outside looking in!
Murray has been brittle so goaltending could be a wash again.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we run a passive PK, we will get eaten alive. Allowing Pitt to dictate the play and do what they want to do is a recipe for disaster. We need to take time and space away from them...make them feel uncomfortable.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If we run a passive PK, we will get eaten alive. Allowing Pitt to dictate the play and do what they want to do is a recipe for disaster. We need to take time and space away from them...make them feel uncomfortable.
Even more important is just not taking penalties. They didn’t take a penalty for 3 straight games in the reg season. If they can do that this series they could be up 2-1. PPs will already be harder to get in the playoffs so it should be a goal obviosuly. But yes, they need to go after them on the pk. It would be a surprise to them and may even be better than having a god aggressive pk all year.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Even more important is just not taking penalties. They didn’t take a penalty for 3 straight games in the reg season. If they can do that this series they could be up 2-1. PPs will already be harder to get in the playoffs so it should be a goal obviosuly. But yes, they need to go after them on the pk. It would be a surprise to them and may even be better than having a god aggressive pk all year.
Agreed.

The Pens will likely score at a 30% clip on the power play, so please no more than 3 penalties in any game.

Reactions: TheKingPin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad