Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Round 2 Oilers vs Knights

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine how well the Oilers would be playing if they weren't afraid of Skinner being so leaky

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What? 11-7 had them as one of the top NHL teams. 11-7 had them go thru LA in 6.

We lost by a goal and it seemed more like a case of first game jitters and minor mental mistakes yet again.

The hyperbole after every loss is truly outstanding
This just in but LA are not a physical club. The Knights are, and the likelihood of a man down in this series is pronounced. We already saw it with Janmark, we saw Yama and McD eat major punishment in game 1. We see this virtually every time we play the Knights.

We need every forward we can get out on the ice and a 12-6 specific to playing the Knights. Every series is different. The Knights are a different challenge than the Kings are.

Theres little point dressing 7D when 2-3 of them get little toi anyway. WE're riding 4 D hard whoever we dress on D. Not that we should ideally, but look at our roster..

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Someone needs to show those numbers to Woody. There's no way they can continue to play such an egregious liability.

My guess is Woody gets far more numbers than what’s posted on Twitter.

Imagine how well the Oilers would be playing if they weren't afraid of Skinner being so leaky

This take requires a lot more explanation.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Holloway with Black Aces. Wish he’d get a look with Janmark out but is appears like it’s gonna be 11-7 again unless Shore draws into the 4C hole.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What? 11-7 had them as one of the top NHL teams. 11-7 had them go thru LA in 6.

We lost by a goal and it seemed more like a case of first game jitters and minor mental mistakes yet again.

The hyperbole after every loss is truly outstanding
The issue isn’t 11-7. The issue is Desharnais in the lineup who ga single handedly lost us games. We lost the game 6-4 and he was on the ice for 4 goals while playing only 8 minutes. Not his first awful game of the playoffs.

If you wanna try the 11-7 more go ahead, Desharnais needs to sit.

Reactions: Duke74 and Ibanez

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
11-7 or 12-6, I sure don't like our defensive zone coverage. That's on the coaching.

Sometimes this team needs to outscore its deficiencies because it's the teams only chance.

We got poor decision making, bad passes, bad pinches, bad coverage and our goaltending isn't bailing us out.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Edm will bounce back. Time to get a split and take over this series. 🥳

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Colorado couldn't get rid of Grubauer fast enough and Oettinger gets ventilated a lot whenever I watch him.
Well Colorado is eliminated because Grubauer played much better than their goalie and Oettinger looks leaky sometimes but he also goes on stretches of 0 and 1 goals allowed. Which our goalies never do. They are both better than Skinner and Campbell, as are pretty much all the goalies in the playoffs except for maybe the Brossoit. Im still waiting for them to prove me wrong.

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
In my not so humble opinion, I think there are 2 guys that need to spike in order for us to beat Vegas, and go on and win the whole thing. A lot of guys pooped the bed last game, but most of the roster has been playing well, outside of a few brain farts, and nagging injuries.

Nuge needs to get into the fight. He's playing incredibly passive, to the point of looking like a passenger so far. If he sees his captain and assistant captain sacrificing their bodies, there is no excuse for him to not get physically engaged. Someone needs to take some pressure off of McDrai, and not only are we losing Nuge, we're also losing his wingers by extension.

And Skinman needs to up his game to a consistent level. Letting in some questionable goals one period and then being lights out the next is not going to cut it. He has yet to have that "stolen game" for us these playoffs. Lots of good moments, followed by a gaffe or 2. And we also will need him to make some more big time saves to give us energy. He hasn't played terrible, but I think he has lots more to give from the most important position in playoff hockey.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This flex scheduling and extra days off kills series momentum for me. Might be good for extra rest and injury recovery for the players but as a fan i hate it,

Reactions: xoczar99ox

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
In the last 7 games, with Desharnais on the ice at 5v5, the Oilers have a .774 Save %. Without him on the ice they have a .949 Save %. When on the PK with Desharnais on the ice they have a .667% and without him on the ice they have a .810%.
That matches the eye test. The real head scratcher is that he keeps getting consistent minutes. Woodcroft influenced Holland's decision to not acquire another RD at the deadline because he wanted to give Desharnais shot. Maybe he just doesn't want to be wrong? Very strange.

Reactions: Beerfish

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Well Colorado is eliminated because Grubauer played much better than their goalie and Oettinger looks leaky sometimes but he also goes on stretches of 0 and 1 goals allowed. Which our goalies never do. They are both better than Skinner and Campbell, as are pretty much all the goalies in the playoffs except for maybe the Brossoit. Im still waiting for them to prove me wrong.
All the goaltenders reaching the NHL, except for a select few, are a carbon copy of one another. It's all about how the team plays in front of them.

If the team is positioned the exact same way 10 out of 10 times, the goaltender will trust the coverage.

The same select scenarios play themselves out over and over. A mental imprinting is hammered subconsciously. Muscle memory takes over.

The five man unit is responsible for limiting the shots from the exact same placement. The saves start to become routine for the goaltender.

The game should resemble the practices.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Why? How?
Because Edm did not play very well in the first game and only lost by one goal (empty net doesn’t count). They have a lot more to give. What we saw last game is not the team we saw most of the kings series. they Will be much better tonight. If skinner can also bounce back I like our chances. This series is far from over even if they go down 2-0.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Because Edm did not play very well in the first game and only lost by one goal (empty net doesn’t count). They have a lot more to give. What we saw last game is not the team we saw most of the kings series. they Will be much better tonight. If skinner can also bounce back I like our chances. This series is far from over even if they go down 2-0.
So you expect the Oil to go down 2-0 if the game plan stays status quo. Then go from there?

I would start Jack Campbell.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes