Serie A 2022-23

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
CDK is gonna be a superstar. Lucky goal for Raf but we take it

Yeah he has created their best chances.
I don't watch Milan a lot but damn I expteced better than this. Such slow and uninspired play, and some players (looking at you Messias) seem to have no business playing for a CL club.

SempreMilan

Jul 13, 2022
Yeah he has created their best chances.
I don't watch Milan a lot but damn I expteced better than this. Such slow and uninspired play, and some players (looking at you Messias) seem to have no business playing for a CL club.
They looked a little sluggish today early, but I think they picked it up in the 2nd half. And yes, Messias is just not good. We need a RW. Saelemakers looked pretty good overall. Strong defensively and had some slick dribbles and passes, but we need someone who can score and more importantly cross.

Bennacer with another masterclass
Hope he renews but that's looking less and less likely.

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Hope he renews but that's looking less and less likely.
They are still negotiating so I would stay optimistic if I were you

I’m guessing Milan may be hesitating because Isma seems to be a little injury prone.

I hope he renews and Milan keeps all their key young players
I like the project : Leao, Tonali, CDK, Kalulu, Tomori. Bennacer, etc

Reactions: SempreMilan

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nah. nothing to worry about Milan performance. Just a run of the mill match doing what was enough for the win. They had so many of these type of wins last season (lots of even with tighter margins). Positive things to take out of the match was Rafael Leao getting closer to his usual level and De Ketelaere showing his playmaking abilities.

As for other matches, Vlahovic had a good game for Juve.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Nah. nothing to worry about Milan performance. Just a run of the mill match doing what was enough for the win. They had so many of these type of wins last season (lots of even with tighter margins). Positive things to take out of the match was Rafael Leao getting closer to his usual level and De Ketelaere showing his playmaking abilities.

As for other matches, Vlahovic had a good game for Juve.
Sensational FK by Vlahovic

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They are still negotiating so I would stay optimistic if I were you

I’m guessing Milan may be hesitating because Isma seems to be a little injury prone.

I hope he renews and Milan keeps all their key young players
I like the project : Leao, Tonali, CDK, Kalulu, Tomori. Bennacer, etc
You forgot their MVP.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Well, I thought Power Man wanted to emphasize young (as in 24 and younger), which would exclude Maignan, who is 27. Maybe he didn't, but Maignan isn't that old for keeper anyway.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Nah. nothing to worry about Milan performance. Just a run of the mill match doing what was enough for the win.

Sure, nothing to worry about against the likes of Bologna however not really ambitious either to do better. I know it's always kinda been an Italy thing to do the bare minimum and be happy with the win, but it'll be another short CL campaign if they can't up their game.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
f***ing lazio have carried an 18yrbold Luka for 2 seasons without giving him any minutes. The sheer stupidity on teams to do this. Honestly how does this make any sense. Imagine being paid millions to run a team. Not even fit for football manager. Hope they get relegated.
He's 17 years old and this is the start of his second season. It's not that uncommon for someone to not get loaned out during that age range but instead train with the youth and senior squads so that their development is directly overseen. It's not that weird.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's 17 years old and this is the start of his second season. It's not that uncommon for someone to not get loaned out during that age range but instead train with the youth and senior squads so that their development is directly overseen. It's not that weird.
Not playing any regular minutes for over a year is horrible for development. He can get all the training plus real game experience when he's loaned out. Letting him sit on the bench for the culture is useless.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not playing any regular minutes for over a year is horrible for development. He can get all the training plus real game experience when he's loaned out. Letting him sit on the bench for the culture is useless.
It's not for the culture and it's not that he's necessarily getting zero regular minutes - he can be playing in youth and training matches. Just sending players out on loan doesn't guarantee development and is video game behavior.

For recent Arsenal examples, Saka did not go on loan at all but wasn't playing regularly when he was 17. Similarly, after Fabregas came over from Barcelona, he did not play a league game in his first season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's not for the culture and it's not that he's necessarily getting zero regular minutes - he can be playing in youth and training matches. Just sending players out on loan doesn't guarantee development and is video game behavior.

For recent Arsenal examples, Saka did not go on loan at all but wasn't playing regularly when he was 17. Similarly, after Fabregas came over from Barcelona, he did not play a league game in his first season.
Its video game behavior to think players are better served playing football? Wow

Puig stayed on the bench for 3 seasons... he now plays in some farmers league. Did wonders for his potential. There are more cases of busts than successes when players dont play.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Its video game behavior to think players are better served playing football? Wow

Puig stayed on the bench for 3 seasons... he now plays in some farmers league. Did wonders for his potential. There are more cases of busts than successes when players dont play.
That's exactly what I said. Ignore the fact that I said he would still be playing football still. It's video game behavior to think that loaning out a player is the only way for a player to develop. Messi never went on loan. He did play for Barcelona C and Barcelona B.

Okay, Gavi also sat on the bench and is fine. Meanwhile Deolofeu went on a bunch of loans and was never good enough for Barcelona. There's more to development than just playing senior men's football, especially at a lower level. Sometimes it's better for a player to do that, sometimes it's better for a player to train with the senior side and play with the youth squads.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah none of that makes any sense. Messi got minutes and Gavi has plenty of minutes and this season is a starter so far.

Playing for the B team is also playing.

Luka has nothing. Loaning isn’t a recipe for success but it’s better than sitting on the bench for vibes.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So if Luka plays for Lazio's B team, you'll be happy?

I just love that you're ignoring that there's training and other games.

But go off about Messi. In his 17 year old season he played 7 league games for a total of 75 minutes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So if Luka plays for Lazio's B team, you'll be happy?

I just love that you're ignoring that there's training and other games.

But go off about Messi. In his 17 year old season he played 7 league games for a total of 75 minutes.
Of course game time is game time. However he’s not playing with the B team. I already training is no substitute for real game experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad