Serie A 2022-23

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Lukaku scored barely a minute on his return to Inter, and had another good chance as well, but for most of the match it looked they would have to settle for an away draw with Lecce.

But in the dying seconds Lautaro won a header from a corner and Dumfries directed the ball in the net.

Reactions: Power Man

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not the best of halves for Lazio. First having keeper sent off for catching the ball outside of area, and then giving up a penalty, which Arnautovic converted for Bologna.

Romagnoli must think he is still Milan captain, as he is yapping at the ref at every opportunity instead of the real captain Immobile.

Edit: Bologna had a player sent off as well, so Lazio managed to turn it around in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Another howler for goalie Ionut Radu (he had one last season when playing for Inter), which cost a point for 10-men Cremonese, who had fought valiantly until that moment in the 95th minute.

Radu easily caught the ball (which might have been going wide anyway) and then fell over the line with the ball in his hands.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Radu is a highlight reel for all the worst reasons. He looked like Romania's next starting goalie, but now he's not even selected anymore. No idea how he still gets these starting positions in Serie A. It should also be said he was the main reason Cremonese was even in it till the end, but those blunders, man, he looks like an amateur out there.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
the only league that matters is back! Roma really should have stomped but at least they got the 3 points. Zaniolo pisses me off I'd rather sell him for 50m before he tears his ACL for the 6th time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
the only league that matters is back! Roma really should have stomped but at least they got the 3 points. Zaniolo pisses me off I'd rather sell him for 50m before he tears his ACL for the 6th time.
Went to Italy in June. Told myself I would pick a team in the city I liked the best. I liked Roma the best but am very conflicted about if it’s better to root for Jose Mourinho or a team with Lazio’s….history.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Went to Italy in June. Told myself I would pick a team in the city I liked the best. I liked Roma the best but am very conflicted about if it’s better to root for Jose Mourinho or a team with Lazio’s….history.

Don’t pick Napoli unless you want a lifetime of misery

• Haha
Reactions: Juve

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Looks like deals are closed for Ndombele and Raspadori with Simeone a matter of time and Keylor Navas still on track. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised.

SempreMilan

Jul 13, 2022
Is this dude good?

He's an attacking midfielder, I guess Milan isn't 100% convinced by Brahim yet

He's excellent and versatile. Brahim is only on loan, and yes, he was so so last year. I'd actually like to see Brahim play out wide with CDK playing behind Giroud/ Rebic/ Zlatan.

Yeah, I'd think he wil play a sort of an inside forward for Milan like Leao. If Milan would put him behind the striker in the middle of the pitch, then certainly Milan have no use for both Adli & Diaz (not to mention some other players).

With the Milan strategy, it seems that the best place for a player looking to score or contribute offensively is on the flanks (outside of the more static lesser players on CF spots).

I think he will start in the right forward position.
I think Adli will end up playing a double pivot role.

SempreMilan

Jul 13, 2022
Milan 3rd kit leak. Gotta say, I dont hate it.
RDT_20220819_1742344248901259434953575.png

Reactions: luiginb

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Italy is the one main league i don't got a team in i am torn between atlanta and ac milan any suggestions ? lol

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Italy is the one main league i don't got a team in i am torn between atlanta and ac milan any suggestions ? lol

If those are the choices you’re down to I’d say Milan as much as it pains me. Atalanta kinda just came out of nowhere last few years and they have a very unique system of developing talent and selling it and starting over essentially. If you’re down for that it’s commendable but might be weird to root for.

Reactions: hockey20000

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Milan got better after offensive black holes Rebic and Messias were taken off. Rafael Leao hasn't been on last season's level yet. Giroud and De Ketelaere were out of sync with rest of the team after coming on as subs.

I'd say the best players today were Theo Hernandez and Bennacer.

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I love the start from Napoli. The attacking talent has been absolutely brilliant and Raspadori and Simeone haven’t even played yet. Massive but though as the level of competition has been low and I’ve learned not to take any stock in how we start. Need to see how they play against the top tier teams up north.

But a great start is a great start and the season could have very easily been off to a shit start after losing Koulibaly, Mertens, Insigne, Fabian and others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad