Serie A 2018/2019

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I know it's early but Kluivert might be Roma's best player this season. Olsen and Cristante all great on their debuts as well. Pastore on the other hand...

Reactions: Il Mediano

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, Olsen looked solid

Am I the only one finding the Serie A editing kind of crappy though? No replay of the overturned goal, plus every time that Serie A thing that comes across the screen for replays is kinda messed up

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Yeah, Olsen looked solid

Am I the only one finding the Serie A editing kind of crappy though? No replay of the overturned goal, plus every time that Serie A thing that comes across the screen for replays is kinda messed up
Are you watching on DAZN? I thought that as well but I wasn't sure who's responsible for the broadcast. In past seasons it's been much better so I'm thinking it's DAZN.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Are you watching on DAZN? I thought that as well but I wasn't sure who's responsible for the broadcast. In past seasons it's been much better so I'm thinking it's DAZN.

I'm in the Czech Republic, (watching on DIGI TV for what it's worth), but the feed is clearly provided by some central Serie A control room, just like say for the World Cup local stations don't have control over what comes through the feed, they can only comment on it

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I'm in the Czech Republic, (watching on DIGI TV for what it's worth), but the feed is clearly provided by some central Serie A control room, just like say for the World Cup local stations don't have control over what comes through the feed, they can only comment on it
Maybe it's the Serie A then. The production was definitely noticeably worse than past seasons.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Interesting game between Sass and Inter. Lautaro is struggling and getting tackled very hard every time he gets the ball.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Interesting game between Sass and Inter. Lautaro is struggling and getting tackled very hard every time he gets the ball.
He sucked ass. Some of his passes were off but he spent most of his time Laying on the pitch. Thanks to the shitty field.

Sass on the other hand have played great, the conditions don't seem to bother them.

Inter much like Lautaro were abysmal, carved up defensively and can't hold the ball. De vrij was one of the worst players for them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He sucked ass. Some of his passes were off but he spent most of his time Laying on the pitch. Thanks to the ****ty field.

Sass on the other hand have played great, the conditions don't seem to bother them.

Inter much like Lautaro were abysmal, carved up defensively and can't hold the ball. De vrij was one of the worst players for them.

I've never understood why people rate de Vrij. I don't think he's athletic enough and now his country has better CB's, but he'll probably start anyway because that's how those things work.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
People often confuse selfish for overrated and decide someone is overrated because they are greedy at times. He has shown selfish qualities, but there are just a few kids his age with that much talent. Plus, who knows, maybe he won't be selfish for very long. The play he made today definitely wasn't selfish. His best qualities are probably natural ones. Like running off the ball. Hardly any kids know how to do that at his age.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
It sounded like salty Ajax fans more than anything. Salt shouldn't cloud judgement - but it does.

He's been playing like he did today all throughout pre-season. Extremely unselfish. People will talk about the assist - and rightfully so , but before that he made a crucial tackle/interception on a dangerous counter by Falque. Torino had like a 3 on 1 if he doesn't make that play. He also should've gotten another assist when passed up a decent opportunity to shoot and fed Pastore with a great ball at the top the 18. Again- not selfish - at all.

He wanted to leave Ajax and he went to a great club for his development. This isn't a case of a kid joining Chelsea's loan army , for example.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As a neutral watching purely for entertainment, Spalletti playing Lautaro and especially Keita Balde in that #10 position is really annoying. Bad tactics and a deserved loss.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Agreed, perfect stepping stone for him and with his age and any luck they'll get a few good years out of him before he heads to Catalonia (or I suppose England)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
As a neutral watching purely for entertainment, Spalletti playing Lautaro and especially Keita Balde in that #10 position is really annoying. Bad tactics and a deserved loss.

I'm also totally fine with Inter's perennial declared return failing to materialise :)

Reactions: Il Mediano

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Nothing like a Roma win and an Inter loss.

After like the 3rd straight summer of hearing how much better they've gotten , I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

Reactions: maclean

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Agreed, perfect stepping stone for him and with his age and any luck they'll get a few good years out of him before he heads to Catalonia (or I suppose England)

Oh yeah, I know full well that if he becomes what I think he can , he's only in Rome for 2-3 years tops.

But, after we get a crazy fee for him , I'll be more than fine with that tradeoff.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Oh yeah, I know full well that if he becomes what I think he can , he's only in Rome for 2-3 years tops.

But, after we get a crazy fee for him , I'll be more than fine with that tradeoff.

Oh, for sure. The good thing about his age is there's hope of that good three years before cashing in

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He sucked ass. Some of his passes were off but he spent most of his time Laying on the pitch. Thanks to the ****ty field.

No idea why Skriniar was left on the bench but I won't complain. f*** Inter.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mind saying that on the prospects thread? Some are convinced he's overrated.
Some?

Anyway, yeah I think I first mentioned Kluivert here in early 2016 (though we've been discussing him in my Netherlands group for longer). The last prospect ranking I did for the Netherlands that actually had a 'ranking' and not just a bunch of names and birth year I had Kluivert ranked as the #1 prospect for us over de Ligt:

1) Justin Kluivert (Ajax - LW/RW - 99) 9.5C
2) Mathijs de Ligt (Ajax - CB - 99) 9B
3) Kasper Dolberg (Ajax - ST - 97) 9C
4) Abdelhak Nouri (Ajax - AM - 97) 9C
5) Dante Rigo (PSV - MF - 98) 9C
6) Steven Bergwijn (PSV - LW/ST - 97) 9C
7) Ferdi Kadioglu (NEC - MF - 99) 9D
8) Timothy Fosu Mensah (Ajax/ManU - DM/CB/RB - 98) 8.5C
9) Donny van de Beek (Ajax - AM - 97) 8.5C
10) Frenkie de Jong (Ajax - AM - 97) 8B
11) Carol Eiting (Ajax - MF - 98) 8B
12) Tony Vilhena (Feyenoord - CM - 95) 8B
13) Jairo Riedewald (Ajax - CB/DM - 96) 8B
14) Nathan Aké (Fey/Chelsea - DM/CB/LB - 95) 8B
15) Davinson Sanches (Ajax - CB - 96) 8C

Things have changed a bit now from that list (and it was of players playing in the Eredivisie in general), as it was from early 2017 but yeah...Kluivert is a very big talent. He's dynamic, extremely driven, has a great work ethic, and understands the fundamentals of the game very well. His skill is off the charts good of course, but as mentioned above his off the ball movement is also great and especially in the modern game what you do off the ball is just as important as your ability on it. I would be very surprised if he doesn't become a star player in some capacity; he certainly has world class potential. The scary thing right now in the Netherlands youth is that there are a number of players I think have potential to be as good or better now like Gravenberch, Unuvar, Simons, Redan and maybe Boadu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad