Serie A 2018/2019

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Yeah, that wasn't intended for you. Apologies.

I had Kluivert ranked as the #1 prospect for us over de Ligt

I take it you wouldn't have Kluivert over de Ligt now though? de Ligt looks pretty damn incredible.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't become a star player in some capacity; he certainly has world class potential.

Yeah, we'll see. I'm not expecting him to be a superstar , but he looks really, really, good so far in Rome. If he becomes a genuine star, then that's obviously brilliant for the club. I'm not making any grand proclamations either way; just gunna let it play out.

The scary thing right now in the Netherlands youth is that there are a number of players I think have potential to be as good or better now like Gravenberch, Unuvar, Simons, Redan and maybe Boadu.

Nice, hopefully that means the national team will find it's way back amongst the elite. It's been weird watching them struggle.

Roma is trying to build a philosophy that's not too common in Italy. We're trying to become a club that mirrors a Spanish/Dutch style of play , so hopefully Monchi can find more gems in the Dutch market.

We were linked pretty heavily with Ziyech and were rumoured to be interested in Daley Blind (before he went home) . Monchi has already brought in Karsdorp, Kluivert, Marcano, Pastore, Nzonzi etc... and EDF is a 4-3-3 manager. It's pretty clear what Monchi's vision is.

We're still lacking a quality young ball-playing CB , so outside of de Ligt (who we could never get) , is there anyone in the Eredivisie you think is worth looking at? ....Kik Pierie , perhaps?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Lazio ultras demand women to be banned from parts of the stadium:

Lazio ultras want to ban women from 'sacred space' at team's Rome stadium

The first ten rows of the Curva Nord where their ultras are. Those are not 'seats' that the general public generally can buy and access, it's basically the property of the ultras. I would therefore say this is more a reminder for their members who think that they can bring their significant other for a day/night out...when really for ultras the stadium experience is meant to be something like going into a war zone. They're concerned it will gentrify the atmosphere, and they're probably right.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
May also be for their safety, as imagine the black eye - pardon the pun - the team would receive if a woman was injured during some rowdy goings-on from the ultras. A mis-tossed beer can, an errant elbow, who knows. Not a great atmosphere to be in if you're just there tagging along with your super-fan boyfriend or husband.

Saying "all wives and girlfriends please sit 10 rows up" isn't that big a deal, IMO. When I first saw the headline I thought they were calling for a whole section ban.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Papu with 2 goals and 2 assists. It's only a matter of time before a bigger club comes calling.

He had a fantastic game today. I don't think it will happen even though he's a fantastic player. He's already 30 years old, if a bigger club wanted him they would have already signed. It's quite surprising not a single "Big" club tried to sign him before.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Had Atalanta not become a European qualifier the past few years he may have left, but yeah.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I think Papu is at his right level. Some players are just meant to shine for clubs like Atalanta.

Nothing wrong with that. It's a joy having him in Serie A.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, that wasn't intended for you. Apologies.
No worries. :)

I take it you wouldn't have Kluivert over de Ligt now though? de Ligt looks pretty damn incredible.
Eh...I think they're just different. I have them at about the same level of potential; it'll be an easier transition to the top for Kluivert though as I always think that defending is harder to adjust to at the highest level since experience is so often a big factor (there's a big difference between defending against say Peterson or Matavz and defending against Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale, etc. The same applies to midfielders (to a lesser extent). Between de Ligt, de Jong and Kluivert though I have really high hopes.

Nice, hopefully that means the national team will find it's way back amongst the elite. It's been weird watching them struggle.
Yeah...I mean it's natural for them. They've had these peaks and valleys over the years and it makes sense given their population, but I think they'll see another resurgence sooner than later with the crop they have coming through.

Roma is trying to build a philosophy that's not too common in Italy. We're trying to become a club that mirrors a Spanish/Dutch style of play , so hopefully Monchi can find more gems in the Dutch market.

We were linked pretty heavily with Ziyech and were rumoured to be interested in Daley Blind (before he went home) . Monchi has already brought in Karsdorp, Kluivert, Marcano, Pastore, Nzonzi etc... and EDF is a 4-3-3 manager. It's pretty clear what Monchi's vision is.
You don't want Ziyech and Blind isn't worth it either. I hope that Karsdorp comes back as strong as before; he was on his way to being a force at rightback before his injury. Still, I don't really have an Italian team. I really like the way that Roma is transforming though, and I've generally liked a few of their players over the years. I usually just watch a bunch of games from whichever Italian team has the most players I like but Roma is growing on me.

We're still lacking a quality young ball-playing CB , so outside of de Ligt (who we could never get) , is there anyone in the Eredivisie you think is worth looking at? ....Kik Pierie , perhaps?
I've talked about him before but Obispo would be a steal if PSV were willing to let him go, and I'd also like to see him move for his development.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Saw that.

I mean, that's part of the deal when you have Radja - more often than not he shows up on game day, though.

Personally, I'm glad we sold him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad