Serie A 2018/2019

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Apparently, Corriere della Serra is reporting that Sparta Prague owner Daniel Křetínský is interested in buying Roma. According to La Repubblica he was trying to buy Milan. In both cases he was thoroughly rebuffed, so it's news about nothing really, it's just kind of amusing because Sparta has been in a relative rough patch the last couple of years, so it's kind of the last thing either of those teams should really want.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Apparently, Corriere della Serra is reporting that Sparta Prague owner Daniel Křetínský is interested in buying Roma. According to La Repubblica he was trying to buy Milan. In both cases he was thoroughly rebuffed, so it's news about nothing really, it's just kind of amusing because Sparta has been in a relative rough patch the last couple of years, so it's kind of the last thing either of those teams should really want.

Pallotta won't sell unless he can't build a stadium. If Roman bureaucracy continues to be ridiculous , he may just end up doing that.

Within the next year, we should know whether the stadium happens or not.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Pallotta won't sell unless he can't build a stadium. If Roman bureaucracy continues to be ridiculous , he may just end up doing that.

Within the next year, we should know whether the stadium happens or not.
Is the Laziale mayor still delaying the project? I remember reading that she was trying to delay the stadium because of the Roma-Lazio rivalry :laugh:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Is the Laziale mayor still delaying the project? I remember reading that she was trying to delay the stadium because of the Roma-Lazio rivalry :laugh:

lol , who the hell knows man.... only in Italy can a guy willing to spend 100s of millions of his own money to create jobs be given this much grief.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
lol , who the hell knows man.... only in Italy can a guy willing to spend 100s of millions of his own money to create jobs be given this much grief.
My uncle lives near Roma and it took 3 years to get a permit to lower the curb in front of his driveway.

The bureaucrats don't give a shit about those millions of dollars unless they're going right into their pockets. The Italian government and the mafia are one and the same. They refer to the government as the "legal mafia" over there.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
My uncle lives near Roma and it took 3 years to get a permit to lower the curb in front of his driveway.

The bureaucrats don't give a **** about those millions of dollars unless they're going right into their pockets. The Italian government and the mafia are one and the same. They refer to the government as the "legal mafia" over there.

Wow , really? I mean , I guess your Uncle's situation is a microcosm of the **** Pallotta's dealing with.

There's clearly deep rooted issues in Italy , and I'm sure people more invested know more about than I do ... I just want the damn stadium built haha. We're stuck in purgatory until we have it.

I dunno , from what I've read , there's still reason to have hope, but it's hard not to be cynical about it all. Any other country and it would've been built already. Pallotta's been trying since 2011.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Oh yeah , I almost forgot , what do you think of the Wenger news?

I think it's super harsh on Rino.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Oh yeah , I almost forgot , what do you think of the Wenger news?

I think it's super harsh on Rino.
I can't stand Wenger. Combine that with the fact that Rino has done a good job with a squad that's still got tons of holes in it and I'm not very happy. I don't think there are many better man motivators than Gattuso, and he's surprisely good tactically as well. 4th place is about as good as can be expected given the squad he's got at his disposal, and they'd have even more points if Donnarumma didn't keep throwing games away. The only manager that I'd consider replacing Gattuso with is Conte, and it doesn't sound like he's interesting in coming to Milan.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Indeed, this was the aspect the rumours were playing on, but I don't think foreign financing is somehow the key to unlock the situation.

Any other country and it would've been built already.

I think it's important to point out that people say this everywhere

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Italy is worse than literally any other country for this. It's worth mentioning again that the Stadio della Roma will be 100% privately funded. Any other country and local officials would be tripping over themselves to get this thing approved and built. If they wanted to repaint the parking lot of the Stadio Olimpico it would probably take them at least 3 years to get approval from the city. The amount of bureaucracy in that country is a joke.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Look, I could go on a massive diatribe about the stadium , but I don't think anyone cares enough. When I say it's pretty much because of how ridiculous Italy is , I'm not being hyperbolic.

Pallotta has been ready with his shovel for over 5 years.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
League table could really use a Milan win here. Particularly with Inter crashing and burning earlier.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I criticized starting Mandzu. Glad I was wrong about him again.

I like Bentancur but don’t think he’s Juve starting material. Give me a more creative midfielder.

Benatcur needs to develop. Yes, I do agree we need a more creative midfielder and a destroyer type too. This whole midfield is needs to be revamped. I still can't believe we let go of Marchisio and kept khedria

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Omg..lol!! You can't make this shit up. Higauin body checks Benatia. He should have just accepted the yellow card and moved on. It was a legit foul. He starts screaming, receives his second yellow and red. I think Ronaldo taunted him. Chiellini tried to call him down. This is too funny.

This game! Higauin misses a penalty, Ronaldo scores and Higauin is red carded.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
He’s had a horrid game. Against his ex-team that kicked him out in favor of Ronaldo. Missed a penalty - to be fair his shot was good Scezny made a great finger save. Then Ronaldo scores and then he lost his mind.

Benatia was MOTM for me. Solid game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2