Serie A 2018/2019

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Would have gone down as the greatest Italian player of all time if he didn't like pastries and hookers so much. Him and Totti were magical together. Who knows how many more Scudetti Roma would have won if he had stayed.
Despite all that went down, he is probably my most favorite player of all time.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Would have gone down as the greatest Italian player of all time if he didn't like pastries and hookers so much. Him and Totti were magical together. Who knows how many more Scudetti Roma would have won if he had stayed.

Unless he changed his lifestyle, probably zero. By the time he went to Madrid (winter 2006), he was already getting out of shape and not playing due to several disputes. In Madrid, and this is 2006, when he was 24, he barely played and was being called "Chubby", getting fined for being ovverweight.

After that, it's all downhill, never again did we see peak Cassano.
He basically peaked at 22-23. He's one of those players who could've done so much more if he took care of his body.
The italian Robert Prosinecki, if you will.

Reactions: Fighter

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Ugh , Roma... why must you do this to me?

We're always going to be an inconsistent side with players like Fazio and El Shaarawy in prominent roles.

I cannot wait for the day Roma doesn't rely on such mediocrity.

Monchi has turned over the side quite dramatically , but he needs to do more surgery. The less Sabatini acquisitions on the roster , the better.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Ugh , Roma... why must you do this to me?

We're always going to be an inconsistent side with players like Fazio and El Shaarawy in prominent roles.

I cannot wait for the day Roma doesn't rely on such mediocrity.

Monchi has turned over the side quite dramatically , but he needs to do more surgery. The less Sabatini acquisitions on the roster , the better.

It was a sad performance. I want Roma to be the team to dethrone Juventus. I don't know what it is, but there's something about Roma i like a lot. They aren't going to dethrone anyone playing like this.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Bessa makes it 1-1 with a header from the corner. That's what you get when you take the foot off the gas.
Bonucci is wearing the captain's armband...disgusting. Bonucci not covering anyone led to the goal.

Edit: the games ends 1-1. That's what they deserve for no longer trying to attack or play with intessity. They were happy with the 1-0 lead and it came to bite them in the ass.

Last edited:

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Dickhead Ventura lost his first game 5-1. Hopefully a few more blowouts and he gets sacked, although I wouldn't mind him staying in charge for the rest of the season and never winning a game.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Donnarumma doing his best Handanovic impersonation :laugh:

Oh Icardi, as a player you're able to do only one thing but damn, you're good at that!

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Someone convince me why Gattuso is a good manager.

You can put Pep, Klopp, Zidane or whoever in charge of that team, not much will change.
Milan has a long road ahead of them, they got Higuain, a couple of decent young players... And then the rest is just Mediocre City.

Inter dominated the game, and while they still seem to be finding themselves offensively, they've strung a number of win on the trot now and are slowly gelling as a team.
Will be interesting how they play Barca in the midweek.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Someone convince me why Gattuso is a good manager.
Look at the roster he has to work with. Can't do much when Donnarumma concedes at least one howler every game and the depth is so poor that Borini is second choice for like half the positions in the squad. The team competes hard and doesn't look out of place against the Juves and Napolis of the league now at least.

Questions will be asked of him if he continues to start Donnarumma though. His substitutions were poor as well yesterday. This Bakayoko experiment needs to end, the guy isn't even good enough to play in the Serie B.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
So Roma continued to dumbfound it's supporters today with a very impressive performance against CSKA.

It's truly baffling just how connected our form is connected with lack of adversity. Whenever something even mildly bad happens during a game (for instance a pen against SPAL) , we completely crumble , but if we score first (and early) it's like watching an entirely different team.

I know that seems like something that effects every team , but I'm telling ya, with Roma it's almost ingrained in our DNA. We're just not good at handling adversity in games we're expected to win. It's like the crazed mindset of the city permeates it's way into the culture of the club and we're constantly trying to combat it , but don't have the players with the mental fortitude to deal with it.

Every single week EDF harps on mentality and he's 100% correct. Roma doesn't know how to deal with expectations and it's clearly an issue.

We need some true leaders that are winners and unflappable mentally. Specifically a class veteran CB to pair with Manolas. I'm looking at you , Vincent Kompany. If Pep doesn't re-sign you (which is definitely possible) you need to follow your pals Dzeko and Kolarov to Rome. I don't care if you only play 15 games a season. 15 games of Kompany> an eternity of Fazio. We need to change the culture , and we need the right veterans to lead the youth.

Also, I'd kill for a LW I can trust week-to-week as well. SES/Perotti need to go.

That said , good win , and we're on to Napoli. It should be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: maclean

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
@Juve

My pals are saying Juve played really well in the 1st half , but that United outplayed them in the 2nd.

I told them to stop crying.

9 points from 3 games and no goals conceded.:cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->