Serie A 2018/2019

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
So Roma continued to dumbfound it's supporters today with a very impressive performance against CSKA.

It's truly baffling just how connected our form is connected with lack of adversity. Whenever something even mildly bad happens during a game (for instance a pen against SPAL) , we completely crumble , but if we score first (and early) it's like watching an entirely different team.

I know that seems like something that effects every team , but I'm telling ya, with Roma it's almost ingrained in our DNA. We're just not good at handling adversity in games we're expected to win. It's like the crazed mindset of the city permeates it's way into the culture of the club and we're constantly trying to combat it , but don't have the players with the mental fortitude to deal with it.

Every single week EDF harps on mentality and he's 100% correct. Roma doesn't know how to deal with expectations and it's clearly an issue.

We need some true leaders that are winners and unflappable mentally. Specifically a class veteran CB to pair with Manolas. I'm looking at you , Vincent Kompany. If Pep doesn't re-sign you (which is definitely possible) you need to follow your pals Dzeko and Kolarov to Rome. I don't care if you only play 15 games a season. 15 games of Kompany> an eternity of Fazio. We need to change the culture , and we need the right veterans to lead the youth.

Also, I'd kill for a LW I can trust week-to-week as well. SES/Perotti need to go.

That said , good win , and we're on to Napoli. It should be interesting to say the least.
You guys should have never sold Romagnoli, not that I'm complaining.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
You guys should have never sold Romagnoli, not that I'm complaining.

Mmmm tell me about it. Romagnoli (and Aquilani) hurt me the most. It was a good fee (at the time) and he's a Lazio supporter, so the fans were fine with it for the most part.

Personally, I hated it. Jamie Carragher grew up an Everton supporter , yet played for Liverpool his whole career. It's just stupid Roma "logic." We gave away the national team CB (who's left-footed FFS) for the next decade.

Even now, half the fans wanted Pellegrini sold in the summer , and now look at him. He's been one of Roma's best players for over a month and he just turned 22. There's just 0 patience in the fanbase , even though developing youth is the only way we'll be able to compete with Juve and the Milan clubs.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Mmmm tell me about it. Romagnoli (and Aquilani) hurt me the most. It was a good fee (at the time) and he's a Lazio supporter, so the fans were fine with it for the most part.

Personally, I hated it. Jamie Carragher grew up an Everton supporter , yet played for Liverpool his whole career. It's just stupid Roma "logic." We gave away the national team CB (who's left-footed FFS) for the next decade.

Even now, half the fans wanted Pellegrini sold in the summer , and now look at him. He's been one of Roma's best players for over a month and he just turned 22. There's just 0 patience in the fanbase , even though developing youth is the only way we'll be able to compete with Juve and the Milan clubs.
Romagnoli is one of the most underrated CBs in the world. He's a special player.

Pellegrini has looked fantastic so far this season. Him, Kluivert, Under, and Coric are going to be a lot of fun to watch. I'd like for Monchi to buy more young Italian talent though. Pietro Pellegri was sold before Monchi was hired but he would have been a really nice fit I think.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Pellegrini has looked fantastic so far this season. Him, Kluivert, Under, and Coric are going to be a lot of fun to watch. I'd like for Monchi to buy more young Italian talent though. Pietro Pellegri was sold before Monchi was hired but he would have been a really nice fit I think.

He brought in Zaniolo , Pellegrini and Cristante , so it's a start , but I know what you're saying.

Yeah, I wanted Pellegri , but I think Monaco outbid everyone in Italy and offered more playing time/CL. I don't enjoy seeing talented Italians leave Serie A like that.

The next guy I think might leave Italy is Barella. Cagliari wants like 50m for him , and I don't think that's particularly crazy. That kid is goooood. I was kinda hoping you guys would sign him , but with Paqueta coming in , I'm not sure that'll happen.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
He brought in Zaniolo , Pellegrini and Cristante , so it's a start , but I know what you're saying.

Yeah, I wanted Pellegri , but I think Monaco outbid everyone in Italy and offered more playing time/CL. I don't enjoy seeing talented Italians leave Serie A like that.

The next guy I think might leave Italy is Barella. Cagliari wants like 50m for him , and I don't think that's particularly crazy. That kid is goooood. I was kinda hoping you guys would sign him , but with Paqueta coming in , I'm not sure that'll happen.
I could see Juve maybe signing him, but he'll probably end up in a different league. This is starting to look like the Verratti situation all over again. Italian teams don't seem to value homegrown talent as much as they should.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I could see Juve maybe signing him, but he'll probably end up in a different league. This is starting to look like the Verratti situation all over again. Italian teams don't seem to value homegrown talent as much as they should.
I think Arsenal are rumored after him. They could sign him if they get CL next season for Emery's project.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Barella would look really good with Matuidi and Pjanic. If he stays in Italy I hope he joins Juve or Roma or Napoli.

TheItalianJob

Oct 10, 2018
Rome, Italy
Sunday's big game was probably the least entertaining one. Really a one side match, should have been something like 3-1 but luckily Insigne wasn't in his best scoring shape. Tonight's game has a high chance of being postponed due to inclement weather, i really can't see how they could play under this massive rain.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen Ronaldo play such a consistently team oriented style of game as he has this year in Turin.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Previously had Benatia, Marquinhos, Rudiger and Romagnoli - now rolling out Fazio every week and wondering why they're so low in the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad