Serie A 2018/2019

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Jesus , I guess winning 3 outta your last 5 and being 3 points away from top 4 isn't good enough for Genoa's president.

Italy, man... :facepalm:

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

Jesus , I guess winning 3 outta your last 5 and being 3 points away from top 4 isn't good enough for Genoa's president.

Italy, man... :facepalm:

His third stint at Genoa in the past 2 years :laugh:

On the plus side, Zamparini is only on his second manager so far this season.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
My god dude , you see Preziosi's comments?

Preziosi: 'Ballardini a terrible Coach!' | Football Italia

Sigh....such brutal ownership in Italy, man. Even if he's right , it serves nobody but yourself to say that kind of sh!t to the press.

I really think if Serie A wants to progress , more foreign ownership needs to happen. They can't help themselves. It's like it's ingrained in the culture to be dysfunctional and dramatic.

Palermo being exhibit A. Zamparini hired and sacked 40 managers in 15 years.... lol, just absurd.

Last edited:

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

Sigh....such brutal ownership in Italy, man. Even if he's right , it serves nobody but yourself to say that kind of sh!t to the press.

I really think if Serie A wants to progress , more foreign ownership needs to happen. They can't help themselves. It's like it's ingrained in the culture to be dysfunctional and dramatic.

Palermo being exhibit A. Zamparini hired and sacked 40 managers in 15 years.... lol, just absurd.
That's exactly it. You can't expect Italians to run an orderly sports league if they can't even form a line to board a train without shoving and yelling at each other.

Preziosi's comments don't even hold a candle to some of the stupid shit Zamperini has said about his managers though.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

:laugh: jesus

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
This is a normal post.
I wasn't being serious haha.

Ventura is by far the worst manager/coach I've ever seen in any sport at any level. Italy would have fared better without a manager, and the total lack of accountability he showed was disgusting. It's a disgrace that a team has hired him again. He's not fit to coach a sunday league team.

The Italian government should hold a referendum to strip him of his citizenship. I bet you'd see the highest voter turnout in Italian history.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
What in the world did he do? Not qualify Italy for the WC?
Made moronic tactical decisions (a f***ing 4-2-4 against Spain where Italy was totally cut apart by Spain's 4 man midfield), left out Italy's best creative midfielder in Jorginho until their last game, flat out refused to play Insigne (except for subbing him on as a central midfielder), tried to sub on a holding midfielder instead of Insigne when the team needed a goal against Sweden (), refused to talk to the squad in the days before the second leg against Sweden, refused to show some dignity and resign after their loss, and remarked after Italy was eliminated that “I still had some of the best results of the last 40 years. I lost just two games.”

Ventura is a grade A piece of garbage. I hope everything he does for the rest of his life ends in failure and I'll be rooting for Chievo to get relegated this season. It's fitting that Chievo has a donkey on their badge.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I am serious.
He by far the worst manager I've ever seen in my life. No tactics, no management skills, no people skills, and no accountability A goal is needed put in De Rossi instead of Insigne, that will do the trick!

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I am serious.
He by far the worst manager I've ever seen in my life. No tactics, no management skills, no people skills, and no accountability A goal is needed put in De Rossi instead of Insigne, that will do the trick!
I hope the Chievo ultras protest this decision. The man shouldn't have even been allowed back in Italy, let alone manage a team in the top division.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Oh boy.

Kinda funny after talking about over dramatic/irrational Italian ownership and culture , this conversation breaks out.

He's managing Chievo , who cares if he's a moron? They're going to get relegated. He's not the Antichrist , he's just a dude who managed the national team poorly.

Relax. There's no need to be so damn vindictive.

Also, De Rossi is a bad-ass.

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You guys are talking about someone deserving to die, or be unsuccessful in everything in life, over their ability to manage a soccer team.

Think about that.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Oh boy.

Kinda funny after talking about over dramatic/irrational Italian ownership and culture , this conversation breaks out.

He's managing Chievo , who cares if he's a moron? They're going to get relegated. He's not the Antichrist , he's just a dude who managed the national team poorly.

Relax. There's no need to be so damn vindictive.

Also, De Rossi is a bad-ass.
I disagree. The FIGC didn't share enough of the blame however. It was obvious from this beginning that this idiot was only fit to manage a regional side. It blows my mind that they looked at his resume and thought that he was a good pick to manage the national team.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I'm just saying chill out a bit. I know you're kidding with most of it , but damn, it's just football.

Wishing him failure in the rest of his life is way too intense for me. He's only a dude.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I disagree. The FIGC didn't share enough of the blame however. It was obvious from this beginning that this idiot was only fit to manage a regional side. It blows my mind that they looked at his resume and thought that he was a good pick to manage the national team.

Exactly, how this guy got the national job is beyond anyone's comprehension. He has never won anything in his career.

Mediano, I do agree with you in regards De Rossi. I absolutely love the guy. He's one of my favourite all time dm along with Gatusso.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I'll be rooting for him to fail in every coaching role he gets. I'll actually be watching Chievo now though, it should be entertaining to see them lose every single game until he's sacked or they get relegated.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Exactly, how this guy got the national job is beyond anyone's comprehension. He has never won anything in his career.

Mediano, I do agree with you in regards De Rossi. I absolutely love the guy. He's one of my favourite all time dm along with Gatusso.
Probably because of his low salary. I'm sure Tavecchio spent all that money they saved with Ventura on hookers.

If that was Gattuso instead of De Rossi I don't think Ventura would be alive today to accept the Chievo job :laugh:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Well, at least we can agree on that.

Ventura being human garbage that deserves to fail at everything in life , is not something I can agree with.

No point of having a morality lesson on the internet , but I think the irony of this page speaks for itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad