Serie A 20/21

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I also don't rate Modric as highly, or at least think his window of being truly World class was shorter than others think and don't think Ramsey was ever that level.

Ramsey is also my favourite player of all time.
You dont have to like him or rate him that high but what's being said about him is bonkers. Not a top 3 la liga midfielder? Not better than Casemiro or Kroos. SEPH level nonsense.

Reactions: Gecklund

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I don't rate Modric that high either but I'd take him over Ramsey because he isn't injured as much as Ramsey.

You can have all the talent in world but what does it matter if you can only play 1 out of 10 games.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You dont have to like him or rate him that high but what's being said about him is bonkers. Not a top 3 la liga midfielder? Not better than Casemiro or Kroos. SEPH level nonsense.

There is no way he was more useful than Casemiro or Kroos. Anyone who thinks he was overvalues aesthetics and ball retention.
Modric hasn't got a creative bone in his body in the final third, doesn't defend and doesn't control. I haven't seen anyone justify what makes Modric an all timer.

I am not a fan of midfielder who take to many touches before passing it, slows down attacks and invites pressure on his team. That's why I'm not a fan of Modric/Kovacic/Ceballos. Dribble obsessed.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There is no way he was more useful than Casemiro or Kroos. Anyone who thinks he was overvalues aesthetics and ball retention.
Modric hasn't got a creative bone in his body in the final third, doesn't defend and doesn't control. I haven't seen anyone justify what makes Modric an all timer.
Yeah, because Casemiro is mister creativity.

Modric can shoot, is a ball hound, press resistant. A box to box midfielder and of the best of his generation.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, because Casemiro is mister creativity.

Modric can shoot, is a ball hound, press resistant. A box to box midfielder and of the best of his generation.
Casemiro is a defensive horse. His role was never to create. Modric never used his shot to score many goals, never controlled the game like a Kroos, and often destroyed the build up by releasing the ball too slowly. Ball retention and intensity are areas where he was great but otherwise he offered little. That was all he had to do at Madrid though. He looked good, but not among the very best in the world at Madrid where he had a role that suited him perfectly. He had a worse career at Tottenham than Moussa Dembele.

Juve

May 13, 2011
It's pathetic when your best midfielder is a 22 year old who just joined the team from a different country, league, culture and language.

Speaking of pathetic, the coach playing his best friends. Bonucci is trash. As much as I love Chiellini, it's time for him to retire. He's finished.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's pathetic when you best midfielder is a 22 year old who just joined the team from different country, league, culture and language.

Speaking of pathetic, the coach playing his best friends. Bonucci is trash. As much as I love Chiellini, it's time for him to retire. He's finished.
When ever they panned to Pirlo during the broadcast he looked shell shocked, it was concerning and I have no horse in this race.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Casemiro is a defensive horse. His role was never to create. Modric never used his shot to score many goals, never controlled the game like a Kroos, and often destroyed the build up by releasing the ball too slowly. Ball retention and intensity are areas where he was great but otherwise he offered little. That was all he had to do at Madrid though. He looked good, but not among the very best in the world at Madrid where he had a role that suited him perfectly. He had a worse career at Tottenham than Moussa Dembele.
Except Modric had more goals and more assists in way less games. One of the best teams in the world went and bought him.... Why is that?

Honestly why do I bother lol. All the best

Reactions: Islesfan22

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Pirlo looked clueless but it’s to be expected, he is a rookie going against an experienced coach
Not sure if Juve will flip the switch but Pirlo still has time to figure things out.

Kusulevski should play more minutes

Juve

May 13, 2011
When ever they panned to Pirlo during the broadcast he looked shell shocked, it was concerning and I have no horse in this race.

Pirlo looked clueless but it’s to be expected, he is a rookie going against an experienced coach
Not sure if Juve will flip the switch but Pirlo still has time to figure things out.

Pirlo reminds me of when I was a teenager opening up FM for the first time trying to figure out the tactics section.

Last edited:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Except Modric had more goals and more assists in way less games. One of the best teams in the world went and bought him.... Why is that?

Honestly why do I bother lol. All the best
Almost all Real Madrid fans will tell you Modric is the midfielder that made everything go. The fact that anyone would take Ramsey over Modric is all that needs to be said.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Almost all Real Madrid fans will tell you Modric is the midfielder that made everything go. The fact that anyone would take Ramsey over Modric is all that needs to be said.

Modric kept the ball but destroyed attacks and the build up from taking too many touches. The opposite of keeping things going. Kroos controlled things, Modric really did not.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Modric kept the ball but destroyed attacks and the build up from taking too many touches. The opposite of keeping things going. Kroos controlled things, Modric really did not.
Ye most Real Madrid fans would not agree with you but to each his own.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ye most Real Madrid fans would not agree with you but to each his own.
Because a lot of fans get fooled by Modric extreme aestethics on the ball when in fact he doesn’t contribute much outside of ball retention and intensity. Only good in ceirtain tactical uses, as I said.

Reactions: Islesfan22

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You go on and on about Kroos and how Modric didn’t bring much, yet they scored at a similar clip for madrid. I’m still waiting on that Dembele comparison...

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You go on and on about Kroos and how Modric didn’t bring much, yet they scored at a similar clip for madrid. I’m still waiting on that Dembele comparison...

By bringing much I mean in terms of defensive contribution, controlling the game, useful ball progression, one touch passing. Not scoring. Talking about basic, essential central midfield traits. Put Dembele in Modric role at Madrid and they don’t do that much worse.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
By bringing much I mean in terms of defensive contribution, controlling the game, useful ball progression, one touch passing. Not scoring. Talking about basic, essential central midfield traits. Put Dembele in Modric role at Madrid and they don’t do that much worse.
I was referring to their time in Tottenham... so Dembele wouldve been good enough for Balon amazing. Wonder why he was stuck on a average club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad