Serie A 20/21

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
There aren't nearly as many creative geniuses in football as there used to. But Dybala is one of them and he is a joy to watch when on form.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Milan have such a lethal attacking style. Leao was horrendous last year but looks like a world beater now. Pioli deserves a lot of credit for transforming this team this season.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Got to be said that should have been a freekick to Juventus before 1-1. Glad VAR didn't get involved. That is a long way from goal. Still a bit surprised they didn't call that goal off.

And Milan probably deserved a goal. Not that that should matter for what is the right/wrong decision.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Better than Theo Hernandez. Pathetic again.

All in all Juventus being the better team. Even if Milan have played well in spells.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Alexis Sánchez has shot 12 penalties in his career.
He made 4 and missed 8.

Why does he still shoot?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I know we are missing a lot of players due to injuries and covid, but Jesus christ Pirlo, field a better starting 11.

You wanna see Kulusevskiin the second half or what? Arthur over Bentancur? McKennie? Looks like a strong lineup to me.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
You wanna see Kulusevskiin the second half or what? Arthur over Bentancur? McKennie? Looks like a strong lineup to me.

Bonucci has been trash all year. Chiellini just came back from injury. He hasn't played a full game since God knows when. Demiral should be starting in his place. Arthur and McKennie should be playing over Bentancur and Ramsey. Kulu could be starting too. And last but not least, most definitely Frabotta. Frabotta is taking on Hakimi. He already showed his inexperience that lead to the first goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Bonucci has been trash all year. Chiellini just came back from injury. He hasn't played a full game since God knows when. Demeral should be starting. Arthur and McKennie should be playing over Bentancur and Ramsey. Kulu could be starting too. And last but not least, most definitely Frabotta. Frabotta is taking on Hakimi. He already showed his inexperience that lead to first goal.

Agree mostly. Demiral looks amazing to me. Think he would be a superstar at any team that starts him, better than De Ligt even. However, I think Ramsey is your best player after Ronaldo, even though he isn't as good as he used to be. Ramsey is slowish now and can’t do 13 high intensity kilometers anymore like he used to, sucks to see. Looks like he is all about technical quality and tactical intelligence now rather than the insane stamina and power he had a few years ago. Still a superb player adapting his game as he ages. Not a huge fan of Bentancur though, I agree there.

Kulusevski in for Chiesa, McKennie for Bentancur and you can still win. Hope you do, always like to see Conte lose.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Agree mostly. Demiral looks amazing to me. Think he would be a superstar at any team that starts him, better than De Ligt even. However, I think Ramsey is your best player after Ronaldo, even though he isn't as good as he used to be. Ramsey is slower than he used to be, doesn’t have quickness, and can’t do 13 high intensity kilometers anymore like he used to though, sucks to see. Looks like he is all about technical quality and tactical intelligence now rather than the insane stamina and power he had a few years ago. Superb player adapting his game as he ages. Not a huge fan of Bentancur though.

I know you absolutely love Ramsey but he's not our second best player. Not even close. I like him but he's been a flop since joining. He's been in J Medical more than on the field. He has shown some flashes of class, other then that he's been mostly mediocre when he does actually play.

I was super excited when he signed. Now.....I'd actually send Ramsey back to Arsenal for free just to free up those wages for someone who isn't injured 90% of the time.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I know you absolutely love Ramsey but he's not our second best player. Not even close. I like him but he's been a flop since joining. He's been in J Medical more than on the field. He has shown some flashes of class, other then that he's been mostly Medicare when he does actually play.

Yeah, he isn't the same player he was at Arsenal which I probably use to judge him too much. We were world class whenever he was fit ( which wasn't often enough), always looked like potential title winners with him. Might be biased towards Arsenal Ramsey instead of seeing Juve Ramsey properly.

You watch Juve more than me, but he always looks good when I see him. Pirlo said he wants to play him every game if he could, and said he was your most important midfielder. He is one of the most underrated players of all time for me because of his unique skillset with elite vision, stamina, off ball movement, physique and pressing, but maybe he isn't as good as he used to be. I would take prime Ramsey over prime Modric, he was that good for me. Just a player type that I really like. But as I said, he has lost power and pace.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah, he isn't the same player he was at Arsenal which I probably use to judge him too much. We were world class whenever he was fit ( which wasn't often enough), always looked like potential title winners with him. Might be biased towards Arsenal Ramsey instead of seeing Juve Ramsey properly.

You watch Juve more than me, but he always looks good when I see him. Pirlo said he wants to play him every game if he could, and said he was your most important midfielder. He is one of the most underrated players of all time for me because of his unique skillset with elite vision, stamina, off ball movement, physique and pressing, but maybe he isn't as good as he used to be. I would take prime Ramsey over prime Modric, he was that good for me. Just a player type that I really like. But as I said, he has lost power and pace.
Taking Ramsey over Modric is probably your worst take yet and that’s saying something.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Taking Ramsey over Modric is probably your worst take yet and that’s saying something.

It is clear that I don't rate Modric that highly, to everyone. Ask Modric to defend or break down a team and you have serious problems. Can't play ahead of the ball either. He's a deep midfielder that can't defend and slows down the team in the build-up. He's just very hard to take the ball from. Just depends on what skillset you value. I think midfield dribblers that can't control a game, score/assist or defend very well are overrated, while all round box to box goalscoring midfielders ( like Ramsey) are underrated. Modric is a tier below the likes of Kroos for me. Modric hasn't developed that much since he left England where he was never exceptional. Voted worst signing in La Liga first season and hasn't changed drastically since. He played in the only team that only needed his one exceptional attribute ( ball retention). Modric is good to watch and a good player but never was top 3 midfielders in La Liga, for me.

I obviously know this sounds like a ridiculous hot take, but I try to judge players based on what I see instead of on some common consensus.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I also don't rate Modric as highly, or at least think his window of being truly World class was shorter than others think and don't think Ramsey was ever that level.

Ramsey is also my favourite player of all time.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I also don't rate Modric as highly, or at least think his window of being truly World class was shorter than others think and don't think Ramsey was ever that level.

Ramsey is also my favourite player of all time.
Yeah, this is a reasonable way of looking at it. I know my take sounds ridiculous but I just think prime Ramsey is a better player with a more valuable skillset if you are looking for anything else than to close a game out by keeping the ball. Few experts have justified the quality of Luka Modric, I never understood why he was so highly rated. Also, I am obviously not unbiased, might stop me from seeing things as they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad