Serie A 20/21

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I'm answering the post about former players being bad coaches.

I actually misunderstood your post. There are exceptions to the rule, but from what I've seen most fantastic players turn out to be bad coaches. I never watched Ancelotti, Guardiola and hardly watched Zidane. I don't know if Ancelotti and Guardiola were good players back in the day.

Umm Cuadrado has been one of their best players.

Cuadrado is a make shift RB because we don't have any other option in that position and he's not getting any younger

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ancelotti was a great player and won the CL as a player. All time great really.
Guardiola was a great midfielder, but not all time IMO. I know some Barca fans will disagree.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Guardiola was a great midfielder, but not all time IMO. I know some Barca fans will disagree.
No disagreement from me here, Guardiola was a limited player, whose IQ and physical ability got through a good career.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Cuadrado frustrates me, because he was f***ing terrible in his .5 season at Chelsea, but if they had recalled him from his loan when Conte came in in 2016 he could've been far far far better than Victor Moses in that position.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I agree with you
But Guardioa's strengths as a player were his tactical awareness and his ability to absorb Cruyff's system like a sponge

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Venezia back in Serie A for the first time since 2002 and they did it in dramatic fashion scoring a 93rd minute down a man

Reactions: Power Man

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Allegri returns to Juve after a two year hiatus. This probably means Ronaldo is on his way out as well. Thank god.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

For the record, Guardiola won the CL as a player.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
So that makes it ok to throw racial slurs?

“After that whole incident, we became friends. During a match he called me a ‘****ing gypsy’ and so I retaliated by calling him a ‘****ing n***o.’ I could’ve easily said it wasn’t true, but that’s not my way, so I confirmed it.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Viers said it's the worst abuse he ever got in his life. Dude also spat in Jens Jeremies' mouth for f*** sake
Mutu's too. Which made it a bit awkward later in their careers when Mihajlovic was his manager. They made peace though.

Amazing football player though, one of the main reasons I was supporting Lazio growing up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad