Serie A 19/20

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Milan vs Atalanta tmrw should be a good watch. Both teams on a great run of form and even Milan have been piling up the goals recently.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Poor De Ligt. He scores a nice goal who could be the title clinching goal and then goes on to lose the game after being humiliated one on one for the losing goal.
Still better than Maguire and Militao from last summer transfers imo.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lazio officially lock up the CL spots. Seemed like a given at one point, but this was only their first win in their past six tries.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yes De Ligt has been bad this year. But I’m sure he’s had an emotional roller coaster from the previous season to moving to a brand new country and playing on a new team in a new system. The kids 20. If he looks like this at 23/24/25 than I can see where the bust comments are coming from.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
De Ligt had an amazing run of form since the restart until recently when it was revealed he is playing with a shoulder injury that’ll require surgery after the CL. It’s not just him, the other defenders in their back line play with clown shoes, no creativity from mid, it is basically a team carried by Szczesny, Ronaldo and Dybala.

A prodigious talent I would be more concerned about is Lautaro. He has 3 goals in his last 16 appearances (vs. 13th, 14th and 16th teams) and somehow he’s good enough for Barca?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dunno why anyone would call de Ligt a bust at this point. I think he was overhyped based on his current level after the season Ajax had, but the talent to be one of the best defenders in the world is clearly there. He's very young and generally defenders and goalkeepers tend to peak later because of the experience in the position that is so important; it's very different from being a forward or even a midfielder.

That said...Calhanoglu quietly sporting 4 goals and 7 assists since the restart. Hot streak or is he finally coming into his own? I remember he was very hyped a while back.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Hilarious how every mistake De Ligt makes is under such a huge magnifying glass. Stefan De Vrij and Virgil van Dijk made way worse blunders just recently and no one cared. People jump on him as soon as they get the chance. Hilarious.

Yet in this game, in most media outlets, even the tough Italian platforms, De Ligt was voted as the best or one of the best players on Juve’s side. De Ligt played errorless, scored a goal to boot. He could’ve done better in the final minutes, but Fofana was strong and did well there as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes De Ligt has been bad this year. But I’m sure he’s had an emotional roller coaster from the previous season to moving to a brand new country and playing on a new team in a new system. The kids 20. If he looks like this at 23/24/25 than I can see where the bust comments are coming from.
I don't think he's a bust tbh.
I just can't get my head around the fact he's by far the best paid CB in the world.
Hopefully he gets better when he moves on from Juve and Juve will be punished for signing a blank check like this.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I don't know if De Ligt is the highest paid CB in the world or not because I never checked, but he's worth every dollar we paid. I don't understand why everyone is up his ass about every small little detail. Maybe it's jealousy because he picked Juve over teams? Who knows..... From the later part of the second half of the season and the restart, De Ligt has been playing like a beast while playing with an injured shoulder which will require surgery for most of the season. De Ligt is playing a lot better than mister I bend down and stick my butt out to defend and Rugani combined. De Ligt makes one mistake and it becomes world news, but no one bats an eye when Bonucci makes the same constant mistakes multiple times a game. It's too bad Chiellini and Demiral are injured. De Ligt would have had a better CB partnership with one of those two than Bonucci or Rugani.

What a shame if they don't wrap up their 155th straight league title

I couldn't help but laugh when you put that way........

It's not the winning of the titles that bother me it's general play in the last 5 years and the management who don't have a vision. The constant choking in CL finals, the lack of creativity in the midfield, spending stupid money on useless players like bonucci, Higuain, etc..., parking of the bus while being one up, the allergic reaction to signing creative midfielders, etc.....

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I couldn't help but laugh when you put that way........

It's not the winning of the titles that bother me it's general play in the last 5 years and the management who don't have a vision. The constant choking in CL finals, the lack of creativity in the midfield, spending stupid money on useless players like bonucci, Higuain, etc..., parking of the bus while being one up, the allergic reaction to signing creative midfielders, etc.....

I’m just giving you a hard time. As a Napoli fan I’ve earned that right, right? :laugh:

Reactions: Juve

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I’m just giving you a hard time. As a Napoli fan I’ve earned that right, right? :laugh:

It's all good. I chocked on my coffee when I first read it. In general, I do have a wicked sense of humour. I watch way too much Family Guy, South Park, Archer, The Office, etc... to be offended by anything.

If you're Napoli fan then we could be paisans!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Agreed. Everyone complaining about the fee is hilarious. Is he worth being the most expensive CB in history not yet but he will be one of the best in the game. He's still just a child. How many 20 year olds are expected to lead the line for a championship winning team. De ligt is the goods anyone questioning the boy's talent is being ridiculous. Wonderful talent wonderful player.

Side note take Militao for instance who some insanely said was better yet he was stapled to the bench in madrid despite being 2 years older than De ligt

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It's all good. I chocked on my coffee when I first read it. In general, I do have a wicked sense of humour. I watch way too much Family Guy, South Park, Archer, The Office, etc... to be offended by anything.

If you're Napoli fan then we could be paisans!

I didn’t think you northerners were a fan of us :naughty:

Reactions: Juve

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's not the fee FFS.
It's the crazy salary.
That is worth every crisitcm.
When you're paid that much you should play much better than he has.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's not the fee FFS.
It's the crazy salary.
That is worth every crisitcm.
When you're paid that much you should play much better than he has.
There are other young players who arent playing nearly as good earning similar money. He's a child with loads of talent and his agent is the fat bastard. He's gonna get paid. The fee or salary doesnt change his potential nor his talent.

Reactions: Juve and Ajacied

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No it doesn't.
But it does change expectations.
Name me a young player that makes as much as De Ligt please.
Because it seems to me you're not aware of what you're talking about.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Guy makes 460k € per week AND he cleaned up Juve so much he had a 150 clause for 2022.

Completely crazy numbers for a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad