Value of: Sergi Bobvrosky next contract.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Pending how things turn out with our 3 prospects, I'd sign Bob to an 8 year contract since that's what it will take to snag him, give him $11 mil for the first 4 years and then down to like 6,5,4,4. $7.85 cap hit, even that is still too high IMO for a goalie but if Bob has another strong year I think he is worth it.

Not sure if Bob gets $80 mil/8 year contract even UFA from any team.

Bob will be 31 at the start of that deal, I don't think CBJ go for 8 years, especially since there's no way they're getting him at a 400k raise. I think a team tries to offer him a 5 year, high average deal.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
That's why this thread exists, because I'm not sure Bob wants to stay if Panarin leaves, and if you put him on Calgary or Buffalo or Philadelphia those teams become contenders especially Calgary and Philadelphia, Buffalo would depend on if they can find #2 center and keep or replace Skinner
If he wants 10-11 mil, then I think he prices himself out of Calgary. They have a strict internal cap structure that I don’t see them abandoning for a goaltender.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
If Columbus loses Panarin, which it looks like they will, I think they'll get desperate to keep Bobrovsky. 8 x 10 is my guess.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Columbus has a very nice defense but Carolina might just have the best defense in hockey. I’m very high on Nutivaara tho and the Jackets have 5 dmen who are at least ~average, and Kukan could join them soon. But the canes have 6 really really good dmen.

I'd say Columbus has a few guys who are better than average.

Reactions: Viqsi

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If Columbus loses Panarin, which it looks like they will, I think they'll get desperate to keep Bobrovsky. 8 x 10 is my guess.

I think whatever happens with Panarin, they'll be desperate to keep Bob. When you have an elite goalie, you simply don't let that go.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
10.000M, 6 years. GM’s don’t like signing players at a high cap past the age of 35. Most teams will be pulling for 4-5 years but one team desperate for a goalie will offer an additional year.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I think whatever happens with Panarin, they'll be desperate to keep Bob. When you have an elite goalie, you simply don't let that go.

I doubt it. Our front office doesn't do things out of desperation. We also have 4 good, young goaltenders. They have been drafting like they expect Bobrovsky to not be back.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I doubt it. Our front office doesn't do things out of desperation. We also have 4 good, young goaltenders. They have been drafting like they expect Bobrovsky to not be back.

Goalie prospects can be tricky no matter how good they look like. A proven, reliable starting goalie is something teams often spend several years to find.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I wouldn’t pay him any more than he’s already making. He’s yet to prove he can be a great goalie in the playoffs and he’s already one of the highest paid goalies. Don’t see the grounds for him making more. Even a contract in the likes of 8x8 will be an anchor sooner rather then later.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Goalie prospects can be tricky no matter how good they look like. A proven, reliable starting goalie is something teams often spend several years to find.
The problem is that right now the team is rich in really good looking goaltending prospects (Korpisalo, Merzlikins, Vehvilainen, Tarasov), and so a lot of Jackets fans are getting antsy about Bob's playoff numbers and wanting to roll the dice.

Reactions: Fro

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
If he wants 10-11 mil, then I think he prices himself out of Calgary. They have a strict internal cap structure that I don’t see them abandoning for a goaltender.
It would be one thing to stick with some rigid cap structure plan if you were having success, but Calgary has made the playoffs, what, once in the past five years?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Columbus will likely give him stupid money to stay, otherwise I see him signing with a young contending team like Buffalo.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
It would be one thing to stick with some rigid cap structure plan if you were having success, but Calgary has made the playoffs, what, once in the past five years?
Twice. Not that is something to brag about, but the Flames are as deep as they have been in a while now. Smith is a wild card I'll admit that... If he stays healthy we should make the playoffs.

Bob would be nice to have but I hope the Flames get a young Starter or One of our own young guys step in as starters.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He might get around 9. Depends on what happens this year though. If he gets hurt or plays poorly (the latter I don't expect), then the demand for him may go down substantially.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
After Scott Darling and Peter Mrazek crash and burn this year I'd bet the Canes get pretty desperate with their $20+ million in Cap space. Although I doubt that Bobrovsky will be too interested in heading to Carolina unless it is 99% about $$ - which Canes owner Tom Dundon would have to approve and spend (questionable).

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
After Scott Darling and Peter Mrazek crash and burn this year I'd bet the Canes get pretty desperate with their $20+ million in Cap space. Although I doubt that Bobrovsky will be too interested in heading to Carolina unless it is 99% about $$ - which Canes owner Tom Dundon would have to approve and spend (questionable).

I agree he might not be willing to go from one small market to another to be in roughly the same spot.. However he would put them over the top I think. Defense is stacked with Bob behind them good luck.

If Svechnikov panes out in this scenario they are very very scary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad