Value of: Sergi Bobvrosky next contract.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Clearly Columbus will try to sign him but if they can't Bobvrosky is going to get PAID, several teams either need a real goalie now or will in a year teams like Florida, Buffalo Calgary, Carolina, Philadelphia, Vancouver, depending on what Talbot does possibly Edmonton, the NYI Detroit, just to name a few.

The market for Bobvrosky could be huge, Price gets 10.5 could Bobvrosky get 11?

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Clearly Columbus will try to sign him but if they can't Bobvrosky is going to get PAID, several teams either need a real goalie now or will in a year teams like Florida, Buffalo Calgary, Carolina, Philadelphia, Vancouver, depending on what Talbot does possibly Edmonton, the NYI Detroit, just to name a few.

The market for Bobvrosky could be huge, Price gets 10.5 could Bobvrosky get 11?

Just a head's up, bro... it's BobROVsky.

Unless of course you mean the famous Russian painter:

HRqn95H.jpg

Last edited:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
While not widely reported on, the last contract negotiation with Bob was allegedly
very difficult.

Next off season will be interesting...Bread is 100% gone,
Bob is 100% unknown at this time

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
While not widely reported on, the last contract negotiation with Bob was allegedly
very difficult.

Next off season will be interesting...Bread is 100% gone,
Bob is 100% unknown at this time

That's why this thread exists, because I'm not sure Bob wants to stay if Panarin leaves, and if you put him on Calgary or Buffalo or Philadelphia those teams become contenders especially Calgary and Philadelphia, Buffalo would depend on if they can find #2 center and keep or replace Skinner

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Pending how things turn out with our 3 prospects, I'd sign Bob to an 8 year contract since that's what it will take to snag him, give him $11 mil for the first 4 years and then down to like 6,5,4,4. $7.85 cap hit, even that is still too high IMO for a goalie but if Bob has another strong year I think he is worth it.

Not sure if Bob gets $80 mil/8 year contract even UFA from any team.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Price has a Vezina and a Hart, Bobrovsky has two Vezina's. Don't know what's worth more.

It'll be one of the tougher contracts in the league to sign. We all know goalies can be up and down. Everyone knows you never want to spend a fortune on a goalie if you have the option. Most of the time teams don't really have that option. Bobrovsky is soon to be 30, and already has a $7+m cap hit, which is already the 3rd highest in the league for goalies. On a team that hasn't won a playoff series yet. If he has a great year this year, that's going to cost a team that much more space. The day his contract is signed, nobody but Bobrovsky's inner circle is going to happy about the numbers, whatever the numbers are, because they're obviously going to be higher than they are currently. Unless Bob completely falls off the rails this year.

It'll all depend on what happens this season. He's got one more shot to really hit it big. Another Vezina might bump him up over Price's hit.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I'll be watching to see if Crawford can return in Chicago

I don't know if they have cap room, but you can bet if Crawford ends up
on LTIR the Hawks will be perusing both Panarin and Bob next off season

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Pending how things turn out with our 3 prospects, I'd sign Bob to an 8 year contract since that's what it will take to snag him, give him $11 mil for the first 4 years and then down to like 6,5,4,4. $7.85 cap hit, even that is still too high IMO for a goalie but if Bob has another strong year I think he is worth it.

Not sure if Bob gets $80 mil/8 year contract even UFA from any team.
Well yeah, you can’t offer 8 years in free agency.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He makes 7.4 million already.
Hank makes 8.5
Price makes 10.5

I am going to say 9.5 million. I don't think any team will pay what Price was paid for a goalie. And I think it will be for 6 years.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Because Carolina’s defense is that much better than what he’s currently got in Columbus, right? Lol
Columbus has a very nice defense but Carolina might just have the best defense in hockey. I’m very high on Nutivaara tho and the Jackets have 5 dmen who are at least ~average, and Kukan could join them soon. But the canes have 6 really really good dmen.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Same, really wanna see what this man will do behind great defence or defensive system. In last 2 seasons he saved 65 goals above average at ES, the closest guy next to him is Cam Talbot with 25. Bob stats has been insane in last 2 seasons.
GSAA isn’t perfect but it is a somewhat useful stat and paints a good picture of Bobrovsky’s dominance

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Because Carolina’s defense is that much better than what he’s currently got in Columbus, right? Lol
Bob is #3 in Shots against in last 2 seasons (3150), only Andersen and Talbot faced more. Also Bob had lowest expected sv% this year and second lowest in 2 seasons. Our defence is bad.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Is it the defence that falters, or is it Bob letting them down year in year out in the playoffs? Awful playoff stats.
Or is it just running into Pittsburgh/Washington

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad