Value of: Sergi Bobvrosky next contract.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Panarin and Bobrovski contractual status has been known for years.

Allowing both of these players to be in this situation is piss poor management. It hardly took a psychic to see when the contracts were due:laugh: .
And the fact that both of them mattered simultaneously for us was known for all of one year, because prior to that the only high-value UFA we had coming up was Bob as Panarin was a Blackhawk (and Saad was - still is - under contract for two years longer). And nothing could be done about either until this offseason as teams are barred by the CBA from even attempting to extend someone more than a year in advance of expiry - and that's when we found out about the Panarin troubles.

Or would you have preferred that Panarin not be traded for due to that risk, and that we just stick with Saad?

I thought Saad was pretty bad most of the time the last few months. He could be invisible when he was off. He brought nothing to the game physically and he has scored 52,53 and 53 points in his last three years so it might be fair to say that he's peaked.

My initial response is that I'm in favor of it. Plus Bob needs more Russian friends.

Oh. I guess not.

You're reaching really, really hard to push your "the front office sucks" narrative, and pulling all kinds of revisionist history out of your ass to try to put it together. It's disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
And the fact that both of them mattered simultaneously for us was known for all of one year, because prior to that the only high-value UFA we had coming up was Bob as Panarin was a Blackhawk (and Saad was - still is - under contract for two years longer). And nothing could be done about either until this offseason as teams are barred by the CBA from even attempting to extend someone more than a year in advance of expiry - and that's when we found out about the Panarin troubles.

Or would you have preferred that Panarin not be traded for due to that risk, and that we just stick with Saad?

Oh. I guess not.

You're reaching really, really hard to push your "the front office sucks" narrative, and pulling all kinds of revisionist history out of your ass to try to put it together. It's disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.

Projecting your dishonesty again. I was in favor about the trade. OK. So what's your point? In fact, I even mentioned the Russian connection with Bob. Perhaps the FO should pay attention to these little details:D

While the FO may be precluded from extending until a year prior to expiration of a contract, it doesn't mean that they can't be setting the stage for re-upping. Many contracts are signed on day 1 of the signing period, so negotiations (obviously) take place prior to that date. The CBJ FO blew it again. Why do you feel so compelled to defend them?

At least we got Duby, shooby do for another 3 years at almost $6 mil per:laugh:

I enjoy hockey. Even bad hockey. So I'll still root the boys on no matter how bad they become.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Projecting your dishonesty again. I was in favor about the trade. OK. So what's your point?
The point is that you're playing with hindsight. You're acting as though Kekalainen and friends somehow created this situation by a mismanagement of assets, but the only reasoning you offer is the fact that the situation exists, plus one or two past acts you're still bitter about for extra prejudice. The point is that the moves were reasonable and seen as well thought of at the time - and you agreed with that assessment at that time - but now you're trying to go back and say that somehow they retroactively represent bad or incompetent work on the part of the front office.

While the FO may be precluded from extending until a year prior to expiration of a contract, it doesn't mean that they can't be setting the stage for re-upping. Many contracts are signed on day 1 of the signing period, so negotiations (obviously) take place prior to that date. The CBJ FO blew it again. Why do you feel so compelled to defend them?
Given how eager you are to attribute everything wrong in the world to them, somebody has to. Especially when you do so by way of presuming the worst possible case in every ambiguity.

At least we got Duby, shooby do for another 3 years at almost $6 mil per:laugh:
Holy crap, hon. You're acting like a bitter Pens fan trying to argue that this is a dirty team. "But Dubinsky! And Dubinsky! Also Dubinsky! Dubinsky Dubinsky Dubinsky and maybe a little Tortorella but then Dubinsky!"

Each and every single team in the League has contracts almost as bad as or worse (in some cases much, much worse) than Dubi. Get the **** over it already. It's not proof of anything other than the fact that the Jackets are an NHL team and subject to the same sorts of setbacks. And while we don't have direct quotes from you on that matter at the time, the consensus among Jackets fans was generally pretty positive, with some minor reservations about the last year or two.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Because paying for backups works so well right Sabre fan?

You must be dizzy from all those Stanley Cups the Leafs have won in the modern era.

How many is it?

Zero?

How many Cup appearances?

Zero, you say?

So, basically, the last time you guys won a Cup, it was easier to do than winning a division is now.

Enjoy your “Rich” history!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You must be dizzy from all those Stanley Cups the Leafs have won in the modern era.

How many is it?

Zero?

How many Cup appearances?

Zero, you say?

So, basically, the last time you guys won a Cup, it was easier to do than winning a division is now.

Enjoy your “Rich” history!

Remind me again how many cup banners Buffalo has in the rafters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad