Friedman: Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin to Panthers

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Panarin and Huberdeau are both LW. i'd imagine the top line would be Panarin-Barkov-Dadonov.

How Barkov and Huberdeau play together,.. would be foolish to break that duo, attempts always have failed when done before.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Panarin-Trocheck/Borgström-Hoffman

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
From what was being said, Bobrovsky is likely to follow Panarin;

If Florida had competent coaching they could have very well been a playoff team (sure Luongo sucked but that defense didn't do him much favors) as is, add those guys to the mix;

Huberdeau/Barkov/Dadonov
Panarin/Trotchek/Hoffman

Matheson/Ekblad

Yandle/whoever

Bobrovsky

This makes an already miserable top half of the Atlantic division even uglier.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Obviously from our fan perspectives there are connections to South Florida for Panarin, but you never know what a person is truly thinking. We'll see for sure on July 1.

Reactions: haveandare

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How Barkov and Huberdeau play together,.. would be foolish to break that duo, attempts always have failed when done before.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Panarin-Trocheck/Borgström-Hoffman

You'd think the whole sell is based around Barkov, Dadonov& Q.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If Panarin wanted the glory; why go to New York? The Rangers are an afterthought to the Knicks and the Jets/Giants. If you want true glory in the NHL, you go to Montreal -- that is the hockey mecca of the world.

They could pay him more than any other team too. He would have ended up here if Markov and Rads were here still; I think that the Russian bridge has been burned to the ground, though.

Point is, he is going where best fits his agenda. If his agenda is fame and fortune, the Rangers make less sense than other organizations. If his hope is a cup, Florida doesn't make much sense. Familiarity? Chicago and Florida become the best options.

He's not staying in Columbus though; that's about the only thing I do know.
He’s not going to Montreal. And no they can’t pay more then anyone else considering taxes in Canada.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Lu, best option given that they want to spend to the cap is to send him to a cap floor team to buyout thus they get to eat the $12.4 million of cash over cap hit the van and fla have paid him. Need a sweetener for that but they did get kicks from Pitt in the deal plus what they flipped Brassard for. Buyout cash wise is just over $2 million for 3 years worth of sizeable cap hits.

Reimer that’s a tougher story especially with him having a signing bonus next July. Not idea how other teams view him. His cap hit is higher than that glut of guys who signed as backups 2 years ago for around $2.5 each.
Bad contracts get dumped all the time. Just have to pay to get it done. The panthers have the picks to do it.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
He’s not going to Montreal. And no they can’t pay more then anyone else considering taxes in Canada.

Consequently, being paid in USD when Canada uses funny money overcomes large parts of that difference.

10m USD is 13.32m Funny Dollars. Canadiens would obviously have to overpay to make it equal, but its doable. I don't think he'd want to come to MTL either, but if he's in it solely for money we are a top contender in that sense.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Consequently, being paid in USD when Canada uses funny money overcomes large parts of that difference.

10m USD is 13.32m Funny Dollars. Canadiens would obviously have to overpay to make it equal, but its doable. I don't think he'd want to come to MTL either, but if he's in it solely for money we are a top contender in that sense.

I like to think CDN money is colorful and vibrant compared to US currency. Not arguing value but just the look of the bills.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
What they need is goaltending and defense, not offense.

I’d still sign him regardless! He’s a top end talent that might allow the Panthers to get something good for Mike Hoffman. He’s a UFA at the end of next season and I wonder if he’s in the Panthers long term plans? And Panarin is one of “Joel’s guys” !

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Tax rates from Florida to MTL would result in a 1.641 million dollar difference per year assuming a 10 million dollar contract. That extra 1.641 USD matters a lot more then the exchange rate from USD to your funny money.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ideally, Ottawa would take Reimer and Luongo would go on LTIR. But that's highly unlikely, so who knows what's going to happen.

I feel that Luongo could be an easy contract to bury in Arizona/Ottawa. $4.3 million in actual paid salary saved relative to cap it in the last couple years.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
It made sense even before Q was hired

Not really. Maybe Panarin likes it there, but Florida needs to fix their defense and find a goalie. Huberdeau, Trochceck, Barkov, Dadonov and Hoffman on a team's top 6 is better than most team's.

Reactions: haveandare

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
They are talking about it and it is not even June.
Nobody directly associated with the Panthers has said Panarin's name in public. They can have all the private conversations they want about Panarin and if parties privy to those private conversations want to report that the Panthers plan to try and sign Panarin, that's not tampering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad