Friedman: Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin to Panthers

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
That’s interesting! And what a boost it would give Florida to sign a top player like Panarin !!

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Panther fans today

UnlinedDrearyDugong-small.gif

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
What are the optics on getting rid of Lu and Reimer if they can land Bobrovsky too? Can they dream of doing that in a nearly-cap neutral way if they just run Bob and a youngster like Montembault in net?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
What are the optics on getting rid of Lu and Reimer if they can land Bobrovsky too? Can they dream of doing that in a nearly-cap neutral way if they just run Bob and a youngster like Montembault in net?
Ideally, Ottawa would take Reimer and Luongo would go on LTIR. But that's highly unlikely, so who knows what's going to happen.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
As a Pens fan I always came close to falling asleep anytime Pens and Panthers met up, maybe if they add Breadman and coach Q I wont be so tired anymore...

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
As a Pens fan I always came close to falling asleep anytime Pens and Panthers met up, maybe if they add Breadman and coach Q I wont be so tired anymore...
It’s from listening to Denis Potvin. Ones brain just can’t continuously filter that much insanity for anything longer than 6 minutes without shutting down.

Kinda like why you always get sleepy visiting your grandparents. That and the heat being jacked to 85 degrees in July.

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
I don't know about Bob, but I think Bread was headed there anyway. This just is more confirmation of that fact.

idk, I'm of the opposite mindset. I think Bob is headed there, but I'm unsure of Panarin. I'm not sure that market is big enough for him. I really do believe he likes the bright lights, big city and the attention that brings. I mean, why not just stay in Columbus for a gazillion dollars then? the weather? he played in Chicago and loved it. that place is freezing ass cold in the winter. maybe taxes then? idk.

and while I think he liked playing for Q, as a Hawks fan I didn't see anything that separated their relationship from anyone else on the team. Q has always been a players' coach and has always tried to get players their bonuses no matter what team he was coaching. I do believe Q would try and recruit the shit out of him, but I'm not sure being in another smaller market for 6 or 7 years is Panarin's goal.

personally, I still see the Rangers as front runners for Panarin.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
idk, I'm of the opposite mindset. I think Bob is headed there, but I'm unsure of Panarin. I'm not sure that market is big enough for him. I really do believe he likes the bright lights, big city and the attention that brings. I mean, why not just stay in Columbus for a gazillion dollars then? the weather? he played in Chicago and loved it. that place is freezing ass cold in the winter. maybe taxes then? idk.

and while I think he liked playing for Q, as a Hawks fan I didn't see anything that separated their relationship from anyone else on the team. Q has always been a players' coach and has always tried to get players their bonuses no matter what team he was coaching. I do believe Q would try and recruit the **** out of him, but I'm not sure being in another smaller market for 6 or 7 years is Panarin's goal.

Miami is different then Columbus don’t get it twisted. New York also doesn’t have the high end talent we have. If he goes there then all he wanted to do was be in a big market and while it would suck, I’m fine with it.

Reactions: TeddyBare

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

and while I think he liked playing for Q, as a Hawks fan I didn't see anything that separated their relationship from anyone else on the team. Q has always been a players' coach and has always tried to get players their bonuses no matter what team he was coaching. I do believe Q would try and recruit the **** out of him, but I'm not sure being in another smaller market for 6 or 7 years is Panarin's goal.

I mean, Miami is pretty much big city bright lights. Altough the "hockey player star treatment" would be lacking.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
It’s from listening to Denis Potvin. Ones brain just can’t continuously filter that much insanity for anything longer than 6 minutes without shutting down.

Kinda like why you always get sleepy visiting your grandparents. That and the heat being jacked to 85 degrees in July.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Good for the Panthers they need some good things to happen to them. What would be funny is they got Q, Panarin, and Won a top 3 pick all in the same offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->