Friedman: Sergei Bobrovsky and Artemi Panarin to Panthers

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Gotta say for Florida fans, being humble is becoming. Panarin and Bob arent Panthers yet
Its a Florida hockey fan thing when it comes to the CBJ :sarcasm:

nobody said they 100% are. All we are saying is that if they chose to come here, it wouldn't be to retire to the beach.
No one is saying retire but we are 100% saying location. If they wanted to compete and make money we can pay them more then you for longer and our team just based on the track record of with Panarin the past 2 years been better then Florida. So they know what we are and they already have the chemistry. So we arent saying they are going there to retire but its not because they think they have a better shot of winning there. Its hey lets make a lot of tax free money (which I dont think is a big deal I think its fair because its not like the league gives you that its a state law if other teams hate it make there teams lobby congress to lower state income tax or make it like thise states.) And live in a city where we have more people of our culture. And thats how UFA should go. I just dont want you to think CBJ fans all feel what you think that guy thinks. We know that team minus half its D is really good and if Bob goes the G is best in the league so its a top 6 east team at worst IMO just saying its not because money term or competing being the top option. Its like Tavares he wanted to go home. Nothing to do with the team or competing look at the Isles. It was a location based thing nothing else nothing personal or against either team. Id play in Cleveland if I ever went pro in baseball even if they were dead last. Thats just what sometimes is most important to them and it is a career. Its fair. Good luck in the offseason hopefully they continue raising their value buy tying for a conn Smythe trophy ayyy am I right?! Haha

FYI I legit like florida I love Trocheck and want you guys to succeed us non traditional mid market teams need to kick some ass.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Their 2 best players are not committed to them. I am happy for CBJ that they won a series. I think that was their goal. I think in achieving their goal that they have something to sell Duchene and Dzingel who have not ruled out staying. I wouldn't expect them to be bargains, though. They have moved from a team Panarin wouldn't stay with under any circumstances to a team Duchene would consider staying with.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If they wanted to compete and make money we can pay them more then you for longer and our team just based on the track record of with Panarin the past 2 years been better then Florida.
You can't pay more but you can offer the 8th year. 31 million with a ton of guys that need new deals is going to make it really tough. Werenski is going to get a decent chunk of money, like you said Duchene is going to get 8.5 million. That's two guys that are going to cost about 11-13 million per leaving 18-20 left with quite a few guys left to sign. The Panthers have way less players to re-sign and will have about 21 million of cap space without making a single move. They can clear up another 3.5 by paying someone to take Reimer. You can't outbid the Panthers for Panarin. Also, taxes favor the Panthers. Assuming Panarin gets 10m AAV, he will get 750k more out of signing with the Panthers.

Also, last year the difference between the Panthers and CBJ was one 1 point. This year it was wider as the Panthers had an awful season. Moving the two best players from CBJ flips that script immediately and likely pushes the Panthers into being a team that is pushing 100+ points rather then a mid 90s bubble team that CBJ has been the last two years.

True but its no less possible then say the last team to make the playoffs that people said were stupid to make TDL moves because they would get destroyed and swept...that team with a goalie who never won a round and a team that never won a round... say that team some how managed to sweep idk the team with the most hockey wins in modern history in round ... there is just as much chance they are able to sign all 3
simple math makes it a lot less possible unless CBJ plans to only bring back those three players this offseason.
Panarin Duchene and Atkinson would be arguably better.
Barkov>>>>> Duchene and Huberdeau>>Atkinson

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You can't pay more but you can offer the 8th year. 31 million with a ton of guys that need new deals is going to make it really tough. Werenski is going to get a decent chunk of money, like you said Duchene is going to get 8.5 million. That's two guys that are going to cost about 11-13 million per leaving 18-20 left with quite a few guys left to sign. The Panthers have way less players to re-sign and will have about 21 million of cap space without making a single move. They can clear up another 3.5 by paying someone to take Reimer. You can't outbid the Panthers for Panarin. Also, taxes favor the Panthers. Assuming Panarin gets 10m AAV, he will get 750k more out of signing with the Panthers.

Also, last year the difference between the Panthers and CBJ was one 1 point. This year it was wider as the Panthers had an awful season. Moving the two best players from CBJ flips that script immediately and likely pushes the Panthers into being a team that is pushing 100+ points rather then a mid 90s bubble team that CBJ has been the last two years.

simple math makes it a lot less possible unless CBJ plans to only bring back those three players this offseason.

Barkov>>>>> Duchene and Huberdeau>>Atkinson
To be fair Im not arguing we will, we want too, we should, im only claiming we can if we want too. We can offer bread 15 mil if we want and Bob his 10.5 and make outbid but I doubt we would want to do that. I think we tell bob try and find the money you want we cant afford 10.5 if you find that we love you good luck but if you get a lower option please come to us before you sign and give us a chance to match and add an extra year and if we can we will sign you. Maybe 9 is all anyone wants to pay because that Price contract is atrocious and we can do that. Bob is actually loyal to us and is open he was upset he wasnt signed so he is still a question mark for you if we go far. Again Bread knows he will be paid great and will win wherever he goes at least to an 8th seed. He has said he loves Torts as a coach and people close to him has said that to sources saying he lives the way he coaches and his attitude, he loves his teammates literally watch him on ice with certain guys and he has special handshakes in he is always the first in the hug after goals, he has said how much he loves the city and its fans (I CANT 100% confirm but I remamber reading this if im wrong let me know) I remember reading him say he even liked the fans more here then in Chicago I think because at times some fans there were agressive or angry about certain things cant member the full paragraph. He said it all comes down to where he wants to live and he wasnt sure about it here. Its been widely reported he wants to be near a more russian cultured area and his GF wants to very specifically live in particular cities. He also though has talked about how he loves playing in Madison square garden. He seemed to be in love with playing there one day. That article was a little older i think.

Edit meant to also say

Yes Barkov is >> AT MOST >>+ 1/2 another >

Atkinson is minimum > Hubs its disgusting how underrated he is in general but specifically this site.

Edited to add Cam has never played with a barkov level C but averages 7g more a season. 22 to 29 and while Cam has also never scored less then 20 when playing at least half the season. Also nearly averages 2shg a season which is insane skills for a penalty killer and because he plays heavy PK moments up until this year and some of last he never got Pp1 time so that makes 29g per season. Hubs averages .12 more ppg but if you look at my history you know I favor goals far more then assists especially for wingers as you'd think most would. Thats 1 assist per 10 games more which is very negligible in the long run. They both have similar s%. For the most part came in around the same year and have had 1 reasonably shortened season from what Im assuming injuries. Cam also has half the career PIM which is impressive for cams D play.

Last edited:

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
To be fair Im not arguing we will, we want too, we should, im only claiming we can if we want too. We can offer bread 15 mil if we want and Bob his 10.5 and make outbid but I doubt we would want to do that. I think we tell bob try and find the money you want we cant afford 10.5 if you find that we love you good luck but if you get a lower option please come to us before you sign and give us a chance to match and add an extra year and if we can we will sign you. Maybe 9 is all anyone wants to pay because that Price contract is atrocious and we can do that. Bob is actually loyal to us and is open he was upset he wasnt signed so he is still a question mark for you if we go far. Again Bread knows he will be paid great and will win wherever he goes at least to an 8th seed. He has said he loves Torts as a coach and people close to him has said that to sources saying he lives the way he coaches and his attitude, he loves his teammates literally watch him on ice with certain guys and he has special handshakes in he is always the first in the hug after goals, he has said how much he loves the city and its fans (I CANT 100% confirm but I remamber reading this if im wrong let me know) I remember reading him say he even liked the fans more here then in Chicago I think because at times some fans there were agressive or angry about certain things cant member the full paragraph. He said it all comes down to where he wants to live and he wasnt sure about it here. Its been widely reported he wants to be near a more russian cultured area and his GF wants to very specifically live in particular cities. He also though has talked about how he loves playing in Madison square garden. He seemed to be in love with playing there one day. That article was a little older i think.

Edit meant to also say

Atkinson is minimum > Hubs its disgusting how underrated he is in general but specifically this site.

Edited to add Cam has never played with a barkov level C but averages 7g more a season. 22 to 29 and while Cam has also never scored less then 20 when playing at least half the season. Also nearly averages 2shg a season which is insane skills for a penalty killer and because he plays heavy PK moments up until this year and some of last he never got Pp1 time so that makes 29g per season. Hubs averages .12 more ppg but if you look at my history you know I favor goals far more then assists especially for wingers as you'd think most would. Thats 1 assist per 10 games more which is very negligible in the long run. They both have similar s%. For the most part came in around the same year and have had 1 reasonably shortened season from what Im assuming injuries. Cam also has half the career PIM which is impressive for cams D play.

Links? I can't find anything saying any of this.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Links? I can't find anything saying any of this.
All of what I read on merpiqkd dr*xzzju<uou8bz c vy

Edit meant to also say

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Edit meant to also say

He had 22 points less than Huberdeau but he’s better? I like Atkinson but he’s not better than Huberdeau.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He had 22 points less than Huberdeau but he’s better? I like Atkinson but he’s not better than Huberdeau.
The only year he has scored that many points and it was all assists Cam had over 10 more goals. Cam also had 4 shorties this year.

If you had to have a guy out there in a situation to win the game and needed a goal who would you play the guy who scored 30 once and averages 22 a year or the guy with more GWG, scores 29g a year, and had 41 this year. Now switch that situation you are down at the end of the game and short handed... who do you play? The guy who had 4sh this year and averages 1.5SH a year or hubs?

Cam has better numbers in every situation except helpers which may not even be primarys. The only year Hubs has had any actual seperation on Cams numbers was this year and thats just assists nothing that suggests he can bring to the table what Cam can.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
The only year he has scored that many points and it was all assists Cam had over 10 more goals. Cam also had 4 shorties this year.

If you had to have a guy out there in a situation to win the game and needed a goal who would you play the guy who scored 30 once and averages 22 a year or the guy with more GWG, scores 29g a year, and had 41 this year. Now switch that situation you are down at the end of the game and short handed... who do you play? The guy who had 4sh this year and averages 1.5SH a year or hubs?

Cam has better numbers in every situation except helpers which may not even be primarys. The only year Hubs has had any actual seperation on Cams numbers was this year and thats just assists nothing that suggests he can bring to the table what Cam can.

Huberdeau had 34 MORE assists than Atkinson this season. That’s better than any season of Atkinson’s.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Over the last 3 years
Atkinson
Games: 227
Goals 100
Primary Assists: 45
Secondary Assists: 32

Huberdeau
Games: 195
Goals: 67
Primary Assists: 75
Secondary Assists: 46

Short handed goals are big random dice throw. Barkov is one of the best penalty killers in the NHL. Last year he led the NHL with 5 SHG. This year he had 0. It's random. Not really a good way to evaluate a player. GWG are as much of a team stat as anything else. Score the 3rd goal midway through the second period to put your team up 3-0 only to win 3-2 at the end counts the same as scoring the GWG with .01 seconds left on the clock. It's a pretty meaningless stat.

There really isn't much of an argument for Atkinson> Huberdeau. But let's stay on topic.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Huberdeau had 34 MORE assists than Atkinson this season. That’s better than any season of Atkinson’s.
Ok so he was the last person to touch the puck before someone else did something important and relivant. No one counteredthereb@subsidy there at all times. When you need to make sure a Kucherov cant score you dont put Hubs out there but you sure as hell put Atkinson out there because not only can he stop him he has the ability to frustrate him into turning it over and going the other way for a score because his speed is top tier. Not many guys in the league can keep up with Cam when he gets on his horse.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Over the last 3 years
Atkinson
Games: 227
Goals 100
Primary Assists: 45
Secondary Assists: 32

Huberdeau
Games: 195
Goals: 67
Primary Assists: 75
Secondary Assists: 46

Short handed goals are big random dice throw. Barkov is one of the best penalty killers in the NHL. Last year he led the NHL with 5 SHG. This year he had 0. It's random. Not really a good way to evaluate a player. GWG are as much of a team stat as anything else. Score the 3rd goal midway through the second period to put your team up 3-0 only to win 3-2 at the end counts the same as scoring the GWG with .01 seconds left on the clock. It's a pretty meaningless stat.

There really isn't much of an argument for Atkinson> Huberdeau. But let's stay on topic.
That 33 more goals is a huge reason for that but ill agree to get back on topic.

I think Bob 100% goes to FLA of not here and I think 80% bread goes to NYR 15% FLA 5% CBJ. I dont see any other teams really having any chance at either.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Ok so he was the last person to touch the puck before someone else did something important and relivant. No one counteredthereb@subsidy there at all times. When you need to make sure a Kucherov cant score you dont put Hubs out there but you sure as hell put Atkinson out there because not only can he stop him he has the ability to frustrate him into turning it over and going the other way for a score because his speed is top tier. Not many guys in the league can keep up with Cam when he gets on his horse.

Yeah. All his assists were just circumstance of him touching the puck last.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
You are getting into feels, not unbiased analysis. If you want, start a poll.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You are getting into feels, not unbiased analysis. If you want, start a poll.
I learned LOOOOOOOONG ago never do polls here because you never get actual results when you're CBJ player. People still putting Provarov over Werenski or guys like Atkinson/Murray being insanely underrated. There was a poll before about Murray being a top 4D if healthy and it turned into a discussion of basically every bottom team saying they dont even think he could make their bottom pair because X prospect could fit there and them developing is better fornthe team then having Murray playing healthy for them there... Murray played #2D all year next to Jones when healthy and was dominant just like he was the first year Jones came over then he was hurt a year and another year he played off hand with a rookie Nuti who was god awful turning the puck over in his own Dzone leading directly to goals which made Murrays stats look like shit. But when he has been getting the playing time when healthy on his proper side he can carry a pairing. But hes a CBJ player so they would rather Roman Polak.

People think Cam is an undersized winger who is benefitting from Panarin rather then looking at his goal totals have raised every year as he has slowly been moved from the 4th to the 3rd to grind with Calvert then played with fligs dubi and himself in the 2nd. He went from ryjo to wennberg to pld to duchene and no matter who was there he produces and scores the most team goals for us.

The thing with the cbj is we have like 8 guys over 20 goals and those same 8 guys will have like 20 to 30 assists. We are a team of a shit ton of contributors and our numbers are spread. Then you have teams like FLA or EDM where the top line has the huge numbers and then the bottom 3 kinda sit in that middle zone. Thats why everyone always raves about pur forward depth and say we have no offense at the same damn time. We spread the scoring around. So its not that a certain guy couldnt get 70 assists its that isnt how the system works. You put up a poll people will see Hubs had higher points and pick him ignoring previous seasons where he doesnt put up a sonfar outlier season and ignore that cam not only scored doublendigit more goals but also on average 7 more a year while getting almost 2sh goals a year being the far superior 2 way player. Same reason no one will ever pick Ovi the greatest goal scorer in history over the canadian kid Crosby or Mathews over Canadian kid McDavid. The non Canadian goal scorer will never beat a canadian playmaker on this site. Marner over Kane id bet would be picked... seriously.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
No bad option here...even if not on the same line, Panarin will help Barkov by drawing defender units away.

I would put Panarin on a line with Dadonov, and either Borgstrom or Trocheck. Panarin would get his time with Barkov on the PP, but him with Barkov and Huberdeau would have all our best playmakers on one line. And I can’t see them splitting up Barkov and Huberdeau. Those two were born to play on the same line. So if he were to sign there, whatever line he’d be on, it would be with a 30 goal scorer and a talented center.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad