Speculation: Seravalli Insider Trading: Canucks “Top of the list” Interest for Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Option 1: We will send Weal down which puts us under the cap.

Option 2: Trade one or two guys from Weal, Byron, Kulak, Mete, Armia or Lehkonen, sign a cheaper replacement and we're good for the 1.5mil under the cap that Bergevin wants. Not exactly very hard to get compliant.

True I forgot about the 5.5 million in cap space you will have when Anderson is on LTIR.

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
He will sign in Montreal. It’s a year out and both sides agreed to wait and see what happens with the cap. If I were Gallagher , I’d prefer to wait too.

and even IF he were traded to Vancouver (it’s not happening) but let’s just say, it would honestly take boeser + 1st round pick just to start
I wouldn’t trade Boeser alone for Gallagher

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I agree Virtanen has almost no value. So does Gallager at this stage of the off season. UFA in one year, makes 3,750,000 and broke off contract talks with his club.
Gallagher will fetch a first near the deadline. Rental scorer. He’s vastly more valuable than Virtanen.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Boeser + Podkolzin for Gally and a 2nd

If not happy then GTFO!

Uhh... you do realize Boeser has outscored Gallagher, is younger and signed beyond one season, yes? I get you're basically saying "Gallagher isn't being traded!" But if he was, he wouldn't remotely command Boeser+. That's literally the equivalent of Vancouver trading Hughes to Colorado for some reason and demanding Makar++.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Why on earth would Montreal want to trade Gallagher? Tatar comes off the books next year, and so does Allen. Primeau will be ready to backup/tandem with price and all montreal would have to do is move someone like Paul Byron to save enough cap to sign Gallagher.

Makes me laugh when I see threads like this.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Buffalo: Gallagher

Canadiens : Mitts

we. don't. need. more. C's.

Why on earth would Montreal want to trade Gallagher? Tatar comes off the books next year, and so does Allen. Primeau will be ready to backup/tandem with price and all montreal would have to do is move someone like Paul Byron to save enough cap to sign Gallagher.

Makes me laugh when I see threads like this.

thread is about the Nucks being highly interested in Gally if he were made available. it's all speculation at this point

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs fans think Gallagher is a McDavid level superstar with what they think he's worth.

Stop smoking dope. You're not getting these ridiculous packages you keep posting.
Nobody wants to trade Gallagher. Only Nucks fans who want to acquire him.

it makes zero sense trading Gallagher now.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I guess we'll try to make it works with Gallagher, then, because that's a terrible offer :/

This is a world where Schmidt was traded for a 3rd...

Gallagher is one season away from UFA and carries a decent cap hit, I’m not sure you’ll get much value unless you can take cap space back.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
This is a world where Schmidt was traded for a 3rd...

Gallagher is one season away from UFA and carries a decent cap hit, I’m not sure you’ll get much value unless you can take cap space back.
Why would the Habs bother trading him then? As a rental he has massive value to the Habs. As the season progresses they can resume talks. The Habs are in compete mode now.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why would the Habs bother trading him then? As a rental he has massive value to the Habs. As the season progresses they can resume talks. The Habs are in compete mode now.

I don’t think anyone is saying you should trade him. I think there may be a different market at the deadline especially if more teams have the ability to fit him in. With that being said I feel teams will simply pay less for rentals these days, or there will be less of a market for them, as teams won’t have cap space to re-sign them.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don’t think anyone is saying you should trade him. I think there may be a different market at the deadline especially if more teams have the ability to fit him in. With that being said I feel teams will simply pay less for rentals these days, or there will be less of a market for them, as teams won’t have cap space to re-sign them.
What I mean is as a rental to the Habs, he has massive value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad