Speculation: Seravalli Insider Trading: Canucks “Top of the list” Interest for Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Crazy thread

Imagine believing that Gallagher is worth a 1st, a top 10 pick from a year ago, and a young roster player

Pffffffttt ok
Well, thank God at least the reasonable trade proposals from the Canucks fans are preventing this thread from degenerating even further.

I bet Bergevin is dying to move Gallagher in a trade built around Jake Virtanen. :sarcasm:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Domi for Anderson was a bloodbath of a trade. Totally favored Columbus. Worst contract of the off season was the one MB gave Anderson. Woof.
Gallagher will go near the deadline if Montreal sucks, which is certainly possible. Virtanan is a dump at his pending arbitration figure.

Troll post.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Gally, much like Danault got their nose disjointed...twice.

They both dreamed 6.5 and 7 million dollar dreams till they were moving around with their golden walkers.

But....the little thing covid.....and Toffoli signing wiped about 3 years and a million of their ask.

As for a trade.....there won't be any unless Bbinz gets what he wants. If anybody hasn't notice, he generally wins them. Even if I don't like the guy....he hasn't disappointed from that perspective.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
My brain hurts from reading these posts. This thread just shows how clueless a lot of people are when it comes to the trade market and how the cap works. Teams are paying a premium to shed cap right now. Gallagher is not a cap dump. Even if teams are hurting for cap space, Montreal will go looking for a similar valued player that plays a position of need in return which means the caps should come close to evening out.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
This is a world where Schmidt was traded for a 3rd...

Gallagher is one season away from UFA and carries a decent cap hit, I’m not sure you’ll get much value unless you can take cap space back.

This isn’t even a comparable. Vegas has their backs against a wall because they couldn’t afford to take even a single dollar of cap back in a trade.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Gallagher is really a rare commodity in the NHL. A meat and potatoes type player that will give his all for his team while scoring on average 30+ goals. He's 10th in the NHL in even strength goal scoring during the last 3 seasons. This doesn't sound like a player that Montreal would want to trade, but let's say that Gallagher eventually wants out, or that it doesn't work for whatever reason, there will be 30 teams lined up to offer something significant for him. His 3.75 million salary is only for one year, but I'm sure a new contract can be worked out before a trade.

Posters who are comparing this to a Vegas or Tampa Bay scenario are out to lunch. Montreal has nobody else to sign and are 300k over the cap. Easy fix.

I won't even get into trade scenarios with Vancouver as Gallagher doesn't have a NTC, so he can be traded to any other team.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsAddict

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Gallagher will sign with the Habs......this is a negotiation here folks......agents do what agents do...
The Habs will save 3M on the backup position next year, and the 3M will go towards Gallagher...easy peasy.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Any trade involving Gallagher will cost a team an arm and a leg. The Habs will easily let him play out the year if there isn't a holy shit offer. Even then the Habs will do everything to keep him.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Nucks and Habs are not good trading partners, and there is a lot of time to work out a contract.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
MTL fans have such a weird thing with Gallagher. They act like he’s Kucherov and it’s always been like that on these boards.

He’s a small 50 point player who plays a style of game that doesn’t age well.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Troll post.
Keep telling yourself that like you tell yourself MB won the Drouin trade and his contract is a good one. Because I think you worry that he just did it twice. And now it’s clear he just poisoned the well with Danault and Gallagher. Who won’t be with the Habs past this season thanks to that Anderson deal. Paying someone else’s player for the 1 goal he scored last year instead of paying his own guys. Lol.

that’s gold Jerry. Gold.

Last edited:

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
MTL fans have such a weird thing with Gallagher. They act like he’s Kucherov and it’s always been like that on these boards.

He’s a small 50 point player who plays a style of game that doesn’t age well.

No one thinks he's Kucherov, don't be dumb. He's a gritty, hardworking player who has paced for 30ish goals every season for the past 5 or so years. That's his value to us going into next season.

If by the trade deadline we're completely out of it, yea I'm sure he can be had for a standard rental package. To trade him now makes zero sense.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Yeah....Schmidt's sticking around. He's a top pairing D after all, we need more then Hughes.

As for the ask about Podkolzin, that would be the deal, likely with a Benn or Baertschi sized cap dump attached. Guys a top 10 prospect and we haven't even started his ELC yet.

Gallagher's great, but we just got Schmidt for a third round pick. That's the market we are in now.
Lol. That deal has zero barring on a potential Gallagher deal. Vegas put themselves significantly over the cap to sign a player they coveted. They traded away Schmidt on the cheap so they could sign Pietrangelo. Montreal doesn’t have to trade Gallagher. A crap offer to get him will be met with the click of a phone being hung up

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Yes. I meant 4 million. Which actually facilitates a trade, because we can take back a better player with a larger cap hit.

You're speaking to a Habs fan, so if I were you I wouldn't be so authoritative about who will play where and on what line. The Habs stated goal the past two seasons is to be a 4-line team, which is logical given their roster composition. Between their top-9, the icetime is more or less evenly distributed, depending on performance. As of today, their top-9 is:

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Toffoli

You can number those lines however you like, but the fact of the matter is that on any given night any of those lines can get top-6 minutes.

Now, the powerplay is a different matter. For whatever reason (might be our inept PP coach) Gallagher has been a rather ineffective 5-on-4 producer. Reducing his minutes there will hardly lower the value of his future contract, as he gets the vast majority of his points at even strength. That's the main value of this player. He never played on a bad line in his life, because every line he plays on suddenly becomes good. On the other hand it's been demonstrated that Gallagher's been more effective at ES if his minutes were kept relatively low.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Anderson isn't exactly a big PP player? If he's used there, it'll be at Armia's expense.

Toffoli will definitely play on the 1st PP unit.

LOL I can tell your a Habs fan. So much miss placed passion. funny thing is I probably see as many Habs games as you do. Wife is a Habs fan so you know what games I am watching on a Saturday night. I realize how the lines were organized this past season but plan and simple you don't make the Anderson trade and give him a 7 year contract to have him be a 3rd line checker. That is what you have bottom 6 players like Lehkonen and Armia for.
This is one of the reasons the contract talks with Gallagher broke off. You have 3 top 6 right wingers for 2 spots.

MB has put enormous pressure on himself with these moves so he is going to want to make sure they pay off. This reminds me a lot of the off season New Jersey had last year. Everyone thought they would make this great leap ahead to a playoff spot but te pieces brought in either didn't preform or didn't fit. We all know how that ended up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad