News: Senyshyn Asks Bruins For a Trade

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Bruins take a lot of shit for their picks in 2015 but there are several teams that would like a re-do, don't tell me Strome Hanifin Zacha Crouse or Gurianov are fully living up to their pedigree either

I think the difference is Boston had three chances to make the right pick and failed on all three.

Every team is going to make a mistake at some point, but usually it's when you have 1 pick and you have to decide between Player A and Player B at that pick. Boston had 3 chances to get at least 1 pick right and flopped all 3 picks.

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
I can see him and Debrusk in a package deal for a big trade at Trade deadline.
A lot of team don't know Now if they are seller or buyer. We need to wait at the end of January to see all teams be seller.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You must not be very good at watching hockey then :dunno:

Check that, it was Cairns who hit him 6:25 into the 2nd. He was still completely unnoticeable other than standing around on the left point during the 5-minute major earlier in the game.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Check that, it was Cairns who hit him 6:25 into the 2nd. He was still completely unnoticeable other than standing around on the left point during the 5-minute major earlier in the game.

He had a scoring chance in the 1st on a stuffed rebound attempt in front of the net.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I think the difference is Boston had three chances to make the right pick and failed on all three.

Every team is going to make a mistake at some point, but usually it's when you have 1 pick and you have to decide between Player A and Player B at that pick. Boston had 3 chances to get at least 1 pick right and flopped all 3 picks.

Precisely this, a generational draft with tons of top 6 forwards available and they whiff dreadfully. They've set the franchise back eons once Bergeron retires and the levee finally breaks. Missing on one guy is one thing, but this was inexcusable. I mean, Harry Sinden once drafted a Russian goalie (Evgeny Ryabchikov) that, to this day, there is no set confirmation that he ever actually existed. And 2015 was way worse than that.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Precisely this, a generational draft with tons of top 6 forwards available and they whiff dreadfully. They've set the franchise back eons once Bergeron retires and the levee finally breaks. Missing on one guy is one thing, but this was inexcusable. I mean, Harry Sinden once drafted a Russian goalie (Evgeny Ryabchikov) that, to this day, there is no set confirmation that he ever actually existed. And 2015 was way worse than that.
Bruins have not had a solid GM since Milt Schmidt

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Harry Sinden may have been a miser but his teams made the Stanley Cup Finals five times and won two President's Trophies. I'd say that's a solid resume.
He was a fraud......Ask Neely and Middleton they always said they were one player away and that was pre cap days and Sinden did nothing ..................most overrated hockey man, I will leave it at that.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He was a fraud......Ask Neely and Middleton they always said they were one player away and that was pre cap days and Sinden did nothing ..................most overrated hockey man, I will leave it at that.
Pre-free agency what was he even supposed to do? He went out and got Moog (in retrospect he should've kept Courtnall and Ranford), he went out and got Oates. Can't say he didn't invest. Imperfect GM who made mistakes, but not a fraud in any way.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Pre-free agency what was he even supposed to do? He went out and got Moog (in retrospect he should've kept Courtnall and Ranford), he went out and got Oates. Can't say he didn't invest. Imperfect GM who made mistakes, but not a fraud in any way.
He also traded Secord..............he is nothing but a backstabbing fraud and ownership loved him , just be good enough to get some playoff money but never good enough to take it all..........

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
How do you not even end up with one of Chabot/Konecny/Aho/Boeser/Barzal/Connor/Eriksson Ek though? With even one of those guys, Boston would be in a much better position than they are in. They have 2 elite young players, and nothing else coming up.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How do you not even end up with one of Chabot/Konecny/Aho/Boeser/Barzal/Connor/Eriksson Ek though? With even one of those guys, Boston would be in a much better position than they are in. They have 2 elite young players, and nothing else coming up.
They also lost Hamilton as part of that draft

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
That's a little strong. Chiarelli was actually really good (excluding the draft) until 2014. Then he got really really bad.
Chiarelli had his flaws but got it done.

He also deserved to be let go when he did.

I think Sweeney is far overdue.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Funny... heard Neely and Sweeney still go to Sinden for advice. (seriously, though...)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00