News: Senyshyn Asks Bruins For a Trade

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
In his brief stint in the NHL, to my eyes, Senyshyn looked and played like he could be a viable bottom 6 forward but injuries derailed his limited chances and the Bruins for some reason have fallen in love with jags like Karson Kuhlman and Curtis Lazar. Senyshyn could very well be another jag like these two but at least they're getting force fed roster time while Senyshyn seems to be the red headed step child and kept in the minors. His AHL numbers don't pop out but his last 39 games, he has 15 goals/26 points, which is an improvement over his previous years.

Senyshyn was obviously drafted in the wrong round but the Bruins also severely mismanaged his development from day one. They took a kid who was very raw but had goal scoring potential and tried to turn him into a 200 foot defensive player. Not every player has Patrice Bergeron DNA - some players just need to be who they are and not forced into something they can't be.

I think he deserves a shot in an organization that is willing to let him get a chance to stick on their NHL roster, as Boston clearly is not. The kid works hard, does everything that has been asked of him, great character, and despite the naysayers, there is some talent there, even if it's not 1st round worthy.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
People talk about how bad Boston's 2015 draft was and it was but what they forget is that they got Carlo in that draft, they also got Pasta in 2014 and Charlie Mac in 2016 which means had they gotten 2015 right they would have a core of.

Bergeron
Marchand
Pasta
Connor
Barzal

Chabot
C Mac
Carlo

2015 would have gone down as the best draft by a single team in over 20 years.

And Boston would be mostly set goaltending aside until about 2035 and that's not a joke because even after Marchand and Bergeron are gone they'd be set

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
People talk about how bad Boston's 2015 draft was and it was but what they forget is that they got Carlo in that draft, they also got Pasta in 2014 and Charlie Mac in 2016 which means had they gotten 2015 right they would have a core of.

Bergeron
Marchand
Pasta
Connor
Barzal

Chabot
C Mac
Carlo

And Boston would be mostly set goaltending aside until about 2035 and that's not a joke because even after Marchand and Bergeron are gone they'd be set
Don't remind me.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Senyshyn asks Bruins for a trade

" "... I’m super-thankful to everyone in Providence for all of their help in the development of my game, but I want to play in the NHL. I feel like I haven’t been given that opportunity in the Bruins organization,’’ ..."

"Recently, he was not one of the players called up when Boston was battling a COVID outbreak. ... Obviously, that hit home."

Easy message for the kid - play better in the AHL before complaining about lack of opportunity in the NHL.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Every team has picked a dud in the first round. Daigle . Stefan mcilrath etc. Dung happens.
You are much too nice to my beloved Canadiens who seem to have a knack for this:
2015: Noah Juulsen
2014: Nikita Scherbak
2013: Michael McCarron
2011: Nathan Beaulieu
2010: Jarred Tinordi
2009: Louis Leblanc
2006: David Fischer (who!!!)
2004: Kyle Chipchura
1998: Éric Chouinard
1997: Jason Ward
1996: Matt Higgins
1995: Terry Ryan
1994: Brad Brown
1992: David Wilkie
1991: Brent Bilodeau
1989: Lindsay Vallis
1988: Éric Charron
1986: Mark Pederson
1985: José Charbonneau
1983: Alfie Turcotte
1982: Alain Héroux
1978: Dan Geoffrion
1976: Bruce Baker
1974: Gord McTavish
1970: Ray Martyniuk

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Senyshyn asks Bruins for a trade

" "... I’m super-thankful to everyone in Providence for all of their help in the development of my game, but I want to play in the NHL. I feel like I haven’t been given that opportunity in the Bruins organization,’’ ..."

"Recently, he was not one of the players called up when Boston was battling a COVID outbreak. ... Obviously, that hit home."

Trade him for kravtsov?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

Bergeron
Marchand
Pasta
Connor
Barzal

Chabot
C Mac
Carlo

I get what you are saying but that is also assuming that Barzal and Connor would develop the same as they have. While Boston has done a somewhat decent job of developing defenseman their ability (or lack there of) to properly develop forwards leaves a lot to be desired. Most of their forward prospects have stagnated in their development and some have even regressed. So I am skeptical that those two players mentioned would have developed and contributed along the same path lines.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
They could have had Connor/Barzal/Chabot/Ericksson Ek/White/Samsonov/Boeser/Konecny/Roslovic/Larsson/Beuvillier/Dermott/Aho/Blackwood/Cernak/Greenway/Chlapik/Sprong/Kylington/Cirelli/Mangiapane and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

On a sidenote, 2015 was an astonishing draft.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
You are much too nice to my beloved Canadiens who seem to have a knack for this:
2015: Noah Juulsen
2014: Nikita Scherbak
2013: Michael McCarron
2011: Nathan Beaulieu
2010: Jarred Tinordi
2009: Louis Leblanc
2006: David Fischer (who!!!)
2004: Kyle Chipchura
1998: Éric Chouinard
1997: Jason Ward
1996: Matt Higgins
1995: Terry Ryan
1994: Brad Brown
1992: David Wilkie
1991: Brent Bilodeau
1989: Lindsay Vallis
1988: Éric Charron
1986: Mark Pederson
1985: José Charbonneau
1983: Alfie Turcotte
1982: Alain Héroux
1978: Dan Geoffrion
1976: Bruce Baker
1974: Gord McTavish
1970: Ray Martyniuk
That is some putrid drafting

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Whether Senyshyn is traded or not, he is set to become a UFA (Group VI) this summer anyway. He seems on the right track but he still has to prove that he is worth another NHL contract.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Easy message for the kid - play better in the AHL before complaining about lack of opportunity in the NHL.

He actually hasn't been bad. Boston completely mismanaged this kid. In his previous call ups he looked like a guy who could be a bottom 6 winger. Sadly Boston has been atrocious at developing forwards in recent years and wouldn't be surprised to see him join the list of young Bruins forwards who found success after leaving the organization.

Reactions: CDJ

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Any worries from B's fans that... well... why is this (and the DeBrusk case) even in the public eye to begin with?

I would imagine various teams have a few disgruntled players every year... whether they are role players on the big team or guys who need a change of scenery in the minors... who submit a little request for change. Why are these two cases leaking out publically from the B's? That shouldn't be happening?
:dunno:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Any worries from B's fans that... well... why is this (and the DeBrusk case) even in the public eye to begin with?

I would imagine various teams have a few disgruntled players every year... whether they are role players on the big team or guys who need a change of scenery in the minors... who submit a little request for change. Why are these two cases leaking out publically from the B's? That shouldn't be happening?

Both players tried to do it privately and it got them nowhere. Both guys I believe are represented by the same agency too.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Zboril also asked to be traded a couple of years ago ( I believe Carolina was reported to be interested) before Sweeney convinced Zboril to stick around. He looked good this year but got hurt and is done for the year.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad