News: Senyshyn Asks Bruins For a Trade

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I know is like kicking on someone who is laying down, but...

Selecting DeBrusk, Zboril, Senyschyn as top 15 selections looks even worse now than on draftday.

Could been all time worst, but I remember vaugly LA swlected two busts in top 10 -85 ish.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
Is Senyshyn any good? I’ve never seen him play but his stats look horrible.

No, he’s awful. Some think he can be a 4th line Dan Paille type despite the fact that he has zero grit or physicality to his game. If he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round he’d be in Europe already. They rolled the dice( twice) on a project at a draft spot and in a draft where it was completely unnecessary and are paying the price, it already cost them one Cup.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
No, he’s awful. Some think he can be a 4th line Dan Paille type despite the fact that he has zero grit or physicality to his game. If he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round he’d be in Europe already. They rolled the dice( twice) on a project at a draft spot and in a draft where it was completely unnecessary and are paying the price, it already cost them one Cup.

Did they actually scout the guy???

I thibk they did the old "doesnt had the deep book on players after their two top guys they drafted", and just drafted their next giy on the list, despite being thought of in 2nd round.
He was seen as a good 5 vs 5 scorer if I remember it right?

Just reLly stupid, they could just take a grab at K Connor, knewing they would have at least a A prospect. But... no

Last edited:

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
I heard it could've been Connor, Chabot or Barzal or.. Connor AND Chatbot AND Barzal

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Can’t get over the Chabot, Connor, Barzal thing. The Bruins cost themselves at least 1 Cup there. Damn shame :laugh:
How do they not hit on one of them….it’s like a blind squirrel even finds a nut from time to time. 3 consecutive picks and Conner, barzal and chabot get picked right after, they went from possibly looking like genius’s with the 3 consecutive picks to absolute morons.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
Did they actually scout the guy???

I thibk they did the old "doesnt had the deep book on players after their two top guys they drafted", and just drafted their next giy on the list, despite being thought of in 2nd round.
He was seen as a good 5 vs 5 scorer if I remember it right?

Just reLly stupid, they could just take a grab at K Connor, knewing they would have at least a A prospect. But... no

It’s strange, it’s not like they have drafted terribly compared to the rest of the league, they have had some pretty decent hits on guys outside the 1st round in the last decade ( Gryz, Carlo, Lauzon, Lindgren, Bjork, Heinen, Donato-flipped for Coyle) and hit 2 home runs with Pasta and Mcavoy. Just mind boggling how on the 3 most important picks of the last decade and a complete whiff. ZS in coming up on 7 years post draft and hasn’t shown any semblance of NHL ability, but he will find a spot on a bottom feeder looking to fill it’s lineup and hope his former draft position is an indicator of his talent.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
It’s strange, it’s not like they have drafted terribly compared to the rest of the league, they have had some pretty decent hits on guys outside the 1st round in the last decade ( Gryz, Carlo, Lauzon, Lindgren, Bjork, Heinen, Donato-flipped for Coyle) and hit 2 home runs with Pasta and Mcavoy. Just mind boggling how on the 3 most important picks of the last decade and a complete whiff. ZS in coming up on 7 years post draft and hasn’t shown any semblance of NHL ability, but he will find a spot on a bottom feeder looking to fill it’s lineup and hope his former draft position is an indicator of his talent.

Is sad really,that GMs still go after draftposition. Position is juat a number, made years ago. Just irrelevant.
ZS probably was a product of a great stacked team
Just hover around in offensive zone, and get a shot off.

Reminds of Scott Glennie

Reactions: 5Jack0

Scott Bee

Jun 11, 2021
If the Bruins had hit on one star player it be ok but they blew on all 3 picks , now have a team of mostly third and fourth line players , get rid of Neely and Sweeny.

Reactions: Hookslide

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
off-to-work-leaving.gif

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I seem to remember there was a lot of talk about them packaging these picks to move up for someone they really wanted, but late in the draft that trade never panned out. It kind of seems like they spent more time scouting who they thought they were trading up for and never thought they'd have to make these picks. I remember them talking about the trade falling through, but the rest is just speculation though. Might explain some of it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I seem to remember there was a lot of talk about them packaging these picks to move up for someone they really wanted, but late in the draft that trade never panned out. It kind of seems like they spent more time scouting who they thought they were trading up for and never thought they'd have to make these picks. I remember them talking about the trade falling through, but the rest is just speculation though. Might explain some of it.
Yea, there's a news article/interview with Neely that confirms that.

I'll Google it later if you can't find it.

Basically caught with his pants down in his first draft.

Can't officially confirm this part, but it's widely believed Hanifin/Carolina was the trade that fell through. Funny they probably had their eyes on one of the 3 guys they picked and didn't want to risk losing one of the guys that 2/3 have asked out.

Edit: here's the article Neely gives honest take on disastrous 2015 draft for Bruins

Last edited:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
We meme Connor, Barzal, Chabot - but the funniest thing is if any one of us HFBoarders were the GM of Boston during that draft - we would have taken those 3 because they were simply BPA. We were all shocked at their 3 picks that night - we all knew it was going to be a disaster before the 3 even went on to their NHL careers

Barzal should have gone top 5 from my mock draft and connor and chabot arguably top 10.

Reactions: finchster

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Can’t get over the Chabot, Connor, Barzal thing. The Bruins cost themselves at least 1 Cup there.

I can't believe that this point has never been brought up before. You would think that somebody here would have mentioned it before especially fans of other teams. Bravo - excellent research. :thumbu:

Barzal should have gone top 5 from my mock draft and connor and chabot arguably top 10.

Not to argue but Zboril was actually rated ahead of Chabot and was the highest Defenseman still available at pick #13.

NHL Central Scouting: NHL Central Scouting's 2015 final rankings

Bob McKenzie's rankings: McKenzie's Final 2015 Ranking: McDavid, Eichel and... - TSN.ca

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I can't believe that this point has never been brought up before. You would think that somebody here would have mentioned it before especially fans of other teams. Bravo - excellent research. :thumbu:

Yeah the tone of my post infers that I’m aware it’s been discussed in the this thread. It’s going to keep getting brought up again and again, get used to it :laugh:

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012

Not to argue but Zboril was actually rated ahead of Chabot and was the highest Defenseman still available at pick #13.

Bob McKenzie's rankings: McKenzie's Final 2015 Ranking: McDavid, Eichel and... - TSN.ca

Sure - you can argue Zboril, I actually didn't mind this pick at the time but I personally had Chabot higher a lot of HFers as well.

Regardless - it's pretty baffling with the other 2 picks

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yea, there's a news article/interview with Neely that confirms that.

I'll Google it later if you can't find it.

Basically caught with his pants down in his first draft.

Can't officially confirm this part, but it's widely believed Hanifin/Carolina was the trade that fell through. Funny they probably had their eyes on one of the 3 guys they picked and didn't want to risk losing one of the guys that 2/3 have asked out.

Edit: here's the article Neely gives honest take on disastrous 2015 draft for Bruins

It was Werenski.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there

I think it was Hanifin they wanted, local kid that went to local college probably had eyes on him for a while. Another poster mentioned Werenski so who knows. Either would have been better than what they got obviously.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

didnt Chabot and Zboril play together in Junior on the same pairing? That was my understanding and if so it’s baffling that so many had him ranked higher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad