#Senswatch Part III: A Night at the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Too bad to see a skilled player like him put with an injury, but it shouldn't derail his career much. He's only 18.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I remember when we didn't know if we would get the Sens pick last summer, some people threatened to stop watching hockey if we were to pick Tkachuk instead of Zadina.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They are running out of NHL players at this point

Ya never know, I remember the 2009-10 Avs had a bunch of injuries and still somehow eked their way into the playoffs. Callups kept filling in well enough and they had gotten off to such a great start that they had a lot of leeway. And a much-younger Craig Anderson and then-rookie Matt Duchene were huge parts of that resurgence.

Again, not holding my breath. Hockey's a weird sport, and this is just one more example.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Ya never know, I remember the 2009-10 Avs had a bunch of injuries and still somehow eked their way into the playoffs. Callups kept filling in well enough and they had gotten off to such a great start that they had a lot of leeway. And a much-younger Craig Anderson and then-rookie Matt Duchene were huge parts of that resurgence.

Again, not holding my breath. Hockey's a weird sport, and this is just one more example.
I don't have much faith that Duchene, Stone, Chabot, and Anderson can take that team out of the bottom 5. They have huge holes in their line up. Their success so far won't continue.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Remember last year after the "Sweden-Trip"? .... This "run" wont last long.... Bottom 5 finish....

A big part of that was Anderson/Condon playing poorly, Duchene for whatever reason not being effective, and the whole mess regarding Mike Hoffman and his fiancee coming to light. They got rid of Hoffman so that won't be an issue, but I'm not waiting for them to bottom out like they did last season because they've largely put the distractions that ruined last season behind them. Again, I don't think this is a playoff team, but I also don't see them guaranteed a prime lottery spot.

Getting the 10th overall pick would be a very Avs thing to happen.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Let’s jinx the jinx after the thread about how a top pick was already guaranteed. Didnt work. So let’s say, Ottawa will make the playoffs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't have much faith that Duchene, Stone, Chabot, and Anderson can take that team out of the bottom 5. They have huge holes in their line up. Their success so far won't continue.

It pretty much all relies on Anderson IMO. If he feels like staying focused and battling all season for a bad team, they have a chance to stay out of the basement. If not, they're almost a guarantee to be bottom dwellers again.

Reactions: McMetal

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
It pretty much all relies on Anderson IMO. If he feels like staying focused and battling all season for a bad team, they have a chance to stay out of the basement. If not, they're almost a guarantee to be bottom dwellers again.
Yeah I said pretty much the same thing. That dude can be lights out of he cares

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
One thing about the Sens, obviously they added guys like Formenton to make themselves faster but who did they get rid of that was making them so slow last season? I don't recall Hoffman being that slow, and I know Karlsson ain't as fleet of foot in the wake of that nasty Achilles injury but he couldn't have been the guy either.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Need the Sens to start losing again tonight. Cant be letting these wins get to the heads of the players early on.

They're a bad team getting outplayed every night. Time for a 3-4 game losing streak to send them back on the right path :laugh:

Reactions: AvsMakar08

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Need the Sens to start losing again tonight. Cant be letting these wins get to the heads of the players early on.

They're a bad team getting outplayed every night. Time for a 3-4 game losing streak to send them back on the right path :laugh:
And the Candiens could be competition for the bottom, so this is a negative 4 point game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad