Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Gt+was+only+taking+about+mains+tho+_e0a4b902f14a801bf88dffbebaf558ce.jpg

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm sorry I'm confused on what dorion and Melnyk (who we hate) did? What do you mean smug?

Oh I know you hate those f***ers....everyone does. (including Stone and Duchene - those guys aren't signing long-term)

Smug - when melnyk went on TSN and suggested that Sakic wanted too much for Duchene and named specific players.

Smug - when dorion suggested at the Duchene press conference that they didn't give up much to acquire Duchene. A week later, he actually called into a local radio station to brag about how his team 'dominated' us in Sweden. (2 victories by 1 goal) That was followed by an immediate collapse and nosedive of the senators and the Avs actually picked up steam and made the playoffs.

You can be happy with how the sens are performing to start the year but don't forget we actually had 2 of your current key pieces here in Colorado for a lot of years and we know how they perform when things get real tough.

Tkachooook

Oct 16, 2018
Well I had written a massive response but have done it wrong obviously... The 8 year rust is showing.

Melnyk and dorion are bafoons we all know that. But the TEAM that is on the ice is acctually not bad. And while some will argue that our schedule has been easy... Which any hockey fan can say it has not lol and while some will say Tierney and them are over producing.... Which they are! Keep in mind Duchene and stone are underachieving.. So I don't buy that approach.

Honestly as a sens fan I see us being a team that is in the hunt for the wild card the entire year. Depending on how close we are at the deadline will be the most important time for this thread, do we sell off for picks or do we hang on and try and make the push.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, Melnyk calling Sakic out for wanting specific players was totally uncalled for, and then for him to turn around and then pay the price in the end makes it sweeter.

To be clear, while I want Melnyk to suffer, I separately want the fans to get some sunlight at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, Melnyk being forced to sell the team will please everybody.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Scored 1 goal in 56 AHL games and his career high in junior was 8. I haven’t watched the Sens much this year but I can’t help but think luck is on his side.

I wouldn't attribute it to luck as much as I would hockey sense. He thrives on his hockey sense and skating. Just take a look at his goals, really good reads to jump into the play. I think the success he has found is in part due to the style Ottawa is playing. Defensemen are being very aggressive in the offensive zone, frequently finding themselves near the top of the face off circles but also just because he is a really smart hockey player. He knows when to jump in and playing with higher calibre players has allowed him to really show off how smart of a hockey player he is. He isn't going to be a 20 goal, 70 point defensemen but he I wouldn't say 10 goals and 40-50 points is out of the realm. Not only has Lajoie been producing to start the year, but he has found himself playing all situations and playing extremely well. He's already a solid defender and it goes back to his hockey sense.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I’ll go ahead and say it. I don’t give a shit about Sens’ players, fans or management. They can all f*** off as far as I’m concerned. That said I’ve always thought it was bad karma to gloat about something we have no control over that might or might not happen in the future.

Then again it is kind of fun to have a #senswatchthread

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Why? The hockey gods seem to be against Ottawa, I give it a month or two before another major scandal happens, their remaining good players get injured or they simply burn out.

The league has incredible parity, any team can win on any given night. But over a series of weeks or months the cream rises to the top and Ottawa is far and away a sinker.

Going to requote myself with some of the recent posts here. There's nothing to gloat at, every team can win on any given night. Attiriton will set in eventually and the Sens will sink. How far? Who knows. But I'd be surprised if the pick is any better than top 10.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I mean I'm probably at a party on a Friday or Saturday night. Not hanging around here... Wishing and hoping for a good team to finish last. No way we finish in the bottom five.

Rangers, yotes, red wings, Canucks and oilers are all much worse.

Don't underestimate the pesky sens. Speed kills.
Sens suck , they're definitely bottom 5

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
At least you are realistic. I think you are probably right... It's the avs fans who think its a Sure shot last place finish or bottom three that makes me laugh. Do you no watch the games ? Detroit, Arizona and new York are God awful. Anyways you can't fix stupid so I'll let them keep saying Ottawa is a for sure last place team when they are 3-2-1 against good squads. Put your Homer agenda aside for the purpose or having a normal hockey convo and not just a "sens are dead last braaaa" lol
Who cares, we're not here to analyze Sens games. I get it, it's annoying to read as a fan (the Avs sucked for a long time so...), but I doubt many of us here actually want to argue about the Senators. This shit ain't serious.

MacKinnon-Hughes 1-2, baybayy!

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I like how the guy calls us stupid on his own board, nice highlight to the cacophony of madness exhibited here by an obvious burner account, probably forgot to switch accounts.

Reactions: New Scotlander

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
That’s terrible news. He was playing great for them after a short adjustment period. Plus I love him as a player and hate to see him get injured so early into his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad