#Senswatch Part III: A Night at the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Watching this game, I know it's the Habs but the Sens are quite dangerous offensively. They also play with a lot of emotion.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Gotta give them credit I don’t know how they’re doing it but they are. Maybe Sakic can convince Dorion they’re contenders and snag the 2020 1st :sarcasm:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In the end, I could live with it if both of us are better than expected.

There is such a massive difference between a team like Ottawa who's shit on paper but have a good attitude and a team like the Wings who's also shit on paper but have a losing attitude.

Now let's see for how long it last.

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
As long as they finish bottom 10 and we end up drafting a good center that's about as good as the Avalanche could have hoped for.

Even if the Senators finished last, the Avalanche would only have a 35% chance at Hughes or Kakko.

Ignoring teams that are around their level talent-wise, they're clearly better than the Rangers and Red Wings. So the odds were always quite poor.

Reactions: McMetal

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
There is such a massive difference between a team like Ottawa who's **** on paper but have a good attitude and a team like the Wings who's also **** on paper but have a losing attitude.

Now let's see for how long it last.

I don’t understand how they have a good attitude, but they do.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Yeah, those ****ers play with emotion only 6 times a year, when they play the habs and the leafs. Well deserved win for them, oh well!

Or when Brady Tkachuk is in the lineup. His energy is contagious and he's going to be the main driving force behind the new culture in Ottawa. Lack of jump is not something the Sens have suffered from this season.

The kids are the heartbeat of the team, and guys like Stone, Duchene, and Boedker, are feeding off it and thriving. Ryan and Smith are also contributing. The Sens when healthy are a sneaky deep team, especially with the 3 top prospects that are lighting things up in the bullpen (Belleville).

Sorry to say Avs fans, but your 18.5% chance for landing Hughes is likely getting slashed in half (or worse) if the Sens keep playing the way they are. Not talking about their record either, this isn't luck.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Our biggest need is at C (Hughes, Turcotte, Dash) then LD (Byram, Broberg). Even though wing is the least valuable position for me, there are still some very nice ones in (Kakko, Cozens, Podkolzin, Lavole). As long as the pick is "Top 9" I'm very happy because we fill a need.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm just going to check back on this thread in January and see where things are. Ottawa looks decent so far, can't help but be impressed by their play this year.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Our biggest need is at C (Hughes, Turcotte, Dash) then LD (Byram, Broberg). Even though wing is the least valuable position for me, there are still some very nice ones in (Kakko, Cozens, Podkolzin, Lavole). As long as the pick is "Top 9" I'm very happy because we fill a need.
I agree but you can add Suzuki, Krebs,Zegras and Newhook as center ,York as LD and Kaliyev as Sniper power forward. And some others can help us for Stanley cup in 2021.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I was at the game last night. Sens got a team. I think we may have underestimated them. They've got some star power up front and I thought Anderson looked decent. I could see a similar situation developing as the Avs when we supposedly traded Yakupov for Varly but the pick ended up being at 11. They likely won't make the playoffs but I could easily see the pick being in that 10-16 range.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
No way
I was at the game last night. Sens got a team. I think we may have underestimated them. They've got some star power up front and I thought Anderson looked decent. I could see a similar situation developing as the Avs when we supposedly traded Yakupov for Varly but the pick ended up being at 11. They likely won't make the playoffs but I could easily see the pick being in that 10-16 range.
No way , still think they are bottom feeder. It is early and their star power up front will be traded. There are about 8 teams in the same category (bad) and they are 1 of them .

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
No way

No way , still think they are bottom feeder. It is early and their star power up front will be traded. There are about 8 teams in the same category (bad) and they are 1 of them .

Duchene and Stone will likely be traded but if they wait until the deadline to do so much of their fate will be determined by then. While I agree they are in the mix of the bottom 8 teams, it's possible they overachieve and end up outside of the bottom 10.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Nothing against Ottawa at all but I just think this is not sustainable at all and think that its closer to worst case 5-10 pick. They are playing good but when the season gets a month or 2 in is when the cream starts rising to the top imo

Reactions: New Scotlander

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
SENATORS ARE THE NEW VEGAS according to the fan base.
Their young defenders Lajoie and Chabot are leading the league and as of now they won the Karlsson trade especially with Dylan DeMelo.
All teams having a very hard time playing against them.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Nothing against Ottawa at all but I just think this is not sustainable at all and think that its closer to worst case 5-10 pick. They are playing good but when the season gets a month or 2 in is when the cream starts rising to the top imo
Why do you think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad