le-sigh.jpg

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I like all the fun things we got from the Duchene trade but damn I might trade it all if we could have gotten Chabot. Sigh.

Chabot, Lajoie, Formenton, Tkachuk, White, Batherson...that's actually a pretty good core to build from. And I'm leaning toward them keeping Duchene and Stone. Heard good things about Tychonick as well but there are others who know more about that than me.

You know you're doing a good job drafting when you can trade away one center prospect (Bowers) and have the other one possibly go bust (Brown) and still be okay.

If Duchene hits the open market (and I'm still leaning toward him not) I think for sure the Pens will be gunning hard for him. How they end up making it work under the cap, I've no idea, but I think they're gonna try.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chabot, Lajoie, Formenton, Tkachuk, White, Batherson...that's actually a pretty good core to build from. And I'm leaning toward them keeping Duchene and Stone. Heard good things about Tychonick as well but there are others who know more about that than me.

You know you're doing a good job drafting when you can trade away one center prospect (Bowers) and have the other one possibly go bust (Brown) and still be okay.

If Duchene hits the open market (and I'm still leaning toward him not) I think for sure the Pens will be gunning hard for him. How they end up making it work under the cap, I've no idea, but I think they're gonna try.
They do it with a very, very limited crew as well. Dorion isn't the best GM but he's possibly the best scout in hockey.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Zero chance Duchene and Stone don't test the market. They would probably get more money on a better team. Also this is their last big contract of their careers, would you want that contract signed with Ottawa/Melnyk?

Ottawa will trade them at the deadline for some good futures. It might cause them to suck again next year, but will work out much better in the long run.

I'm a big Duchene fan, but his style of play won't age well. I doubt he ever breaks 70 points again.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Zero chance Duchene and Stone don't test the market. They would probably get more money on a better team. Also this is their last big contract of their careers, would you want that contract signed with Ottawa/Melnyk?

Ottawa will trade them at the deadline for some good futures. It might cause them to suck again next year, but will work out much better in the long run.

I'm a big Duchene fan, but his style of play won't age well. I doubt he ever breaks 70 points again.

If I were them I would most assuredly test the market. I'm just not sure they will at this point. Players aren't always logical, and if the home team has a good pitch they'll likely stay.

There's also the fact that the owner doesn't actually have any money. That tends to be important in discussions like this.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I seriously doubt we see another Rantanen caliber pick at #10 for a while. He never should have dropped that far.

It was a strong draft, even Timo Meier has put it together and is the leading scorer in his team.

Reactions: McMetal

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I seriously doubt we see another Rantanen caliber pick at #10 for a while. He never should have dropped that far.

That was an insanely stacked draft though, it could conceivably happen again. The only true misses before Rants was picked are Zacha and Strome.

Still gives me the shivers whenever I see that draft list and wonder if the Avs would've picked Crouse had Rantanen not been there at 10.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
That was an insanely stacked draft though, it could conceivably happen again. The only true misses before Rants was picked are Zacha and Strome.

Still gives me the shivers whenever I see that draft list and wonder if the Avs would've picked Crouse had Rantanen not been there at 10.
Spare us the need to trade for Crouse. He's on pace for 15 goals this year. Can't pay enough for that!

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad