Low Effort GDT SENS @ Winterpeg, Sat 10pm CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It doesn’t matter if DJ knows more than me. His job is to know more than the 30 other coaches in the league so we can win some games. So far, that’s not looking so good.

Any way you slice it, dressing Haley makes zero sense.

“We’ll I’m an NHL coach” isn’t a reason.

I’m not sure how you can say that playing “Haley” makes him less intelligent that one of the other 30 coaches ?

Do you know about internal health or injuries ? Do you understand the implications of waivers and Stutzle returning ? Do you know what internal promises were made to Haley to get him to sign ? Do you know the mood in the room? There are 1000 reasons that go into this beyond Chaplik vs Haley. The fan in me would love to see Chaplik or Brown but I don’t assume DJ is out to destroy the team with every decision.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Jeez - he’s been a pro coach for 15 years after playing professionally for several. Maybe, he’s learned something over that time you may not identify as a fan?
This is always the last crutch to lean on.

there’s no secret knowledge gained from only being in the NHL that gives you the foresight to put Haley into your lineup.

sometimes things are as they seem. Bad

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
We had trouble generating offense and keeping up with their speed.... let’s get Anisimov and Haley in! Let’s go!

I can’t understand, really can’t

Reactions: Cosmix

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Jeez - he’s been a pro coach for 15 years after playing professionally for several. Maybe, he’s learned something over that time you may not identify as a fan?

Apparently it’s not being identified by the wins column and the NHL standings either, whatever that “something” is.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I hope we win but even if norris line combines for 11 points the Haley intro will be credited for the win. And then it will be easier for me to legit make it as a coach myself than it will be to get Smith to pull him out of the lineup

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I’m not sure how you can say that playing “Haley” makes him less intelligent that one of the other 30 coaches ?

Do you know about internal health or injuries ? Do you understand the implications of waivers and Stutzle returning ? Do you know what internal promises were made to Haley to get him to sign ? Do you know the mood in the room? There are 1000 reasons that go into this beyond Chaplik vs Haley. The fan in me would love to see Chaplik or Brown but I don’t assume DJ is out to destroy the team with every decision.

Yeah, we know that Stutzle is injured and everyone else is fine.

I certainly hope we didn’t make any promises to convince a journeyman AHLer to sign here.

Based on public comments, we know that young players like Tkachuk, White and Wolanin want more rope and responsibility.

And it’s not Haley over Chlapik. It’s Haley over White and Galchenyuk and Chlapik. He’ll, I’d rather put Peca in.

You can criticize a decision without claiming that DJ is trying to destroy the team. No one is saying that, so no need for the hyperbole.

It doesn’t have to be “everything is terrible” or “everything is great”. There can be in an between.

This, specific, decision is mind boggling.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
This is always the last crutch to lean on.

there’s no secret knowledge gained from only being in the NHL that gives you the foresight to put Haley into your lineup.

sometimes things are as they seem. Bad

I agree , I’ve learned everything I need playing EA and collecting hockey cards too.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Maybe Haley's getting played because Dorion has informed DJ that he plans to call up L. Brown and Brannstrom to the taxi squad after the news of the Belleville Senators not being included in the AHL schedule, and DJ wants to see which player he should send down to the AHL to make room for them. I don't know, trying to find some logic in this decision.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, we know that Stutzle is injured and everyone else is fine.

I certainly hope we didn’t make any promises to convince a journeyman AHLer to sign here.

Based on public comments, we know that young players like Tkachuk, White and Wolanin want more rope and responsibility.

And it’s not Haley over Chlapik. It’s Haley over White and Galchenyuk and Chlapik. He’ll, I’d rather put Peca in.

You can criticize a decision without claiming that DJ is trying to destroy the team. No one is saying that, so no need for the hyperbole.

It doesn’t have to be “everything is terrible” or “everything is great”. There can be in an between.

You don’t know anything. You also don’t know the details of White’s developmental plan or the organizations markers or goals they are trying to have him achieve. In reality, you know nothing other than what player you as a fan would like to see.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I agree , I’ve learned everything I need playing EA and collecting hockey cards too.
Okay. We will see how mike Haley plays out. Maybe you’re right. This is some sort of genius chess move made with knowledge of playing in the game and coaching in it.

I mean dude. You hate white right? Well coaches in the past have played the shit out of him. How do you reconcile that given your current opinion of coaches and nhl experience

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Everytime I see some kind of roster move made that I like a monkey paw curls.

"Stepan should be lower in the lineup!"
=
2nd line Anisimov

Fire this coach already.

Sidebar, Winnipeg just got absolutely taken to the cleaners on this Laine deal omg is that ever brutal. I can definitely empathize with Winnipeg fans on that one as a fan of this team.

Last edited:

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
You don’t know anything. You also don’t know the details of White’s developmental plan or the organizations markers or goals they are trying to have him achieve. In reality, you know nothing other than what player you as a fan would like to see.

Okay, and neither do you. You don’t know if Smith and Dorion have any idea what they’re doing. Neither has ever won anything, or been in any way successful, at the NHL level. For all you know, Dorion makes his decisions based on player ratings in NHL21 and DJ is upset that he was passed over by younger, more skilled players when he had a career and is taking it out on White, Brown and Chlapik now. Prove me wrong.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Okay. We will see how mike Haley plays out. Maybe you’re right. This is some sort of genius chess move made with knowledge of playing in the game and coaching in it.

I mean dude. You hate white right? Well coaches in the past have played the shit out of him. How do you reconcile that given your current opinion of coaches and nhl experience

I just think we can’t dissect every lineup decision like it’s game 7 of the finals. There are plans in pace we don’t have access too.

I like White, I just don’t like the Sens development of the player.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Okay, and neither do you. You don’t know if Smith and Dorion have any idea what they’re doing. Neither has ever won anything, or been in any way successful, at the NHL level. For all you know, Dorion makes his decisions based on player ratings in NHL21 and DJ is upset that he was passed over by younger, more skilled players when he had a career and is taking it out on White, Brown and Chlapik now. Prove me wrong.

Ya - maybe DJ after coaching for 15 years just takes his lines from a random generator or he uses his kids video game lines ... maybe.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Ya - maybe DJ after coaching for 15 years just takes his lines from a random generator or he uses his kids video game lines ... maybe.

Your logic makes little sense.

“Since DJ is an NHL coach all of his decisions are correct and therefore he cannot be criticized.”

Every coach makes bad decisions. That’s why they get fired and hired all the time.

Guy Boucher was an NHL coach and made loads of bad decisions. He deserved to be criticized.

You say Colin White isn’t a top 6 player. But you yourself are not an NHL player, or a pro player, at any level. You’re also not a coach or GM. You’re not even a scout. Does that invalidate your opinion?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Your logic makes little sense.

“Since DJ is an NHL coach all of his decisions are correct and therefore he cannot be criticized.”

Every coach makes bad decisions. That’s why they get fired and hired all the time.

Guy Boucher was an NHL coach and made loads of bad decisions. He deserved to be criticized.

So whats the “bad mistake” that you think he obviously made ? Give me a perfect example and the criteria your using to define it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I just think we can’t dissect every lineup decision like it’s game 7 of the finals. There are plans in pace we don’t have access too.

I like White, I just don’t like the Sens development of the player.
What plan do you think is in place with Haley being out into the lineup game 5 of the season when we already have players similar to him there

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So whats the “bad mistake” that you think he obviously made ? Give me a perfect example and the criteria your using to define it.

You’re right. The coach on the team that finished last in the league made no mistakes. Neither did the GM.

But wait... if Boucher didn’t make any mistakes or bad decisions... why was he fired? And if Dorion fired a coach that only made good decisions, wouldn’t that, in itself, be a mistake?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

If we made any promises to Haley to get him to sign then we are even more *acked than I thought.

There is no good reason for him to be in ahead of several other players.

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad