Low Effort GDT SENS @ Winterpeg, Sat 10pm CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Finally, we see the away jerseys in action.

tim-stutzle-senators-away-2021-north-division-patch-white-jersey.jpg

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That is super late for a local game.

10 bucks say the NHL scheduled it based on the Eastern time zone thinking Winnipeg is 3 hours apart.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Now why on earth would you want to waive Colin Wh...
*checks username*

Oh.

Ya, I don't think he is worth $5.15 for the next 4 years. He probably slides through waivers anyway. It also saves EM $6 million in buyout costs, cap space for the next 6 years and $3 million this year. Thats like selling an exta 360 000 Fun Zone tickets by waiving a guy who can’t hold down 4C and let’s Brown/Chappy jump on the roster.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Who's gonna get waived?

I don't know if they waive anyone. I think its a wait and see... if someone is injured or if Norris or Batherson have an off game.
I think the most redundant part is Anisimov ... if they waive a forward but DJ has been giving him plum deployment so far , and since training camp has been in the guys corner. Paquette has got off to a rough start .. but he does PK and can play a physical defensive role.. better than Anisimov... Galchenyuk can provide an offensive spark more so than Anisimov. Anisimov would clear and is not all that costly sitting in the taxi squad.

Waiving someone like Anisimov also opens the whole taxi squad and AHL prospects including Brown, Brannstrom and Zub to being called up without taking Norris, Batherson or Stutzle out of the lineup

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

weird rules.

How come weird rules? It's related to the waivers requirements. Just a lack of foresight overall. Too many vets, things like that were among the things that were bugging me before the season started. It's going to be fun when Norris sits to watch Derek Stepan or Artem Anisimov plays in his place. lol

They already waived Balcers and Chlapik in favor of Anisimov and Paquette... Even if Chlapik/Balcers are not world beaters, it still gives you an idea of their vision.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That could be a benefit.

IMO, DJ has over thought matchups way too much. He’s out coached himself.

Roll the lines.

Nothing good comes out of rolling lines - You can survive if your lines are all better than your opponents.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Other team with last change
No more match ups
Could be an ugly 7 games strech

You never know. Sometimes some teams do better just rolling the lines then over thinking match ups.

Jacques Martin never seemed to worry about match ups. He just made sure every line could hold their own defensively. Obviously a lot easier said than done with a deeper lineup. But that being said, this team is pretty deep. It just doesn't have top end talent.

Reactions: Alex1234
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->