Low Effort GDT SENS @ Winterpeg, Sat 10pm CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Does having 5’10, 34 year old Haley pounded by them solve something?

Who’s he there to protect? Stutzle isn’t playing. Maybe Wolanin needs the back-up...

It’s a decision that makes zero sense.

We also took out 6'5 220 Coburn, makes total sense... We needed to get tougher.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
No, this decision in isolation won’t, but look at the pattern already emerging early in the season. This isn’t a one off.

Maybe. I do think he likes his gritty vets a little too much, and I'm not a fan of how he's handled White so far. But I'm willing to give it a few more games before I call it some sort of pattern.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Didn’t we out hit them 55-14 lmfao. And they still obliterated us. I guess Haley will add a few more of those

you’re right it doesn’t. Do you think Haley having a good fight against Stanley does??? Who says jets even want to fight

Sorta - it doesn’t embarrass a key member and than let’s Watson, Gud, Colborun and co square of vs 1 lesser fighter.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sorta - it doesn’t embarrass a key member and than let’s Watson, Gud, Colborun and co square of vs 1 lesser fighter.
Dude what are the odds of a full out bench clearer? Next to 0? You’re reaching.

also Stanley is a young beanpole d man lol. Really were game planing around that dude possibly, maybe wanting to fight?

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

If the goal is to lose less fights, sure, this is fine. Goal should be to win the game though.

Haley helps us do that in exactly zero ways.

I can’t comprehend how DJ would have watched the tape of Thursday and said, “I know what we need to change. Bring in Michael Haley.”

And if we’re game planning around Stanley (who’s not a fighter anymore than Patrick Wiercioch was a fighter btw) maybe dropping the gloves... well that’s terrible. Stanley is tall. That’s about it.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If the goal is to lose less fights, sure, this is fine. Goal should be to win the game though.

Haley helps us do that in exactly zero ways.

I can’t comprehend how DJ would have watched the tape of Thursday and said, “I know what we need to change. Bring in Michael Haley.”

And if we’re game planning around Stanley (who’s not a fighter anymore than Patrick Wiercioch was a fighter btw) maybe dropping the gloves... well that’s terrible.

Probably why one of you gets paid to work in hockey and the other doesn’t? Did you expect you would “comprehend” every element of a position your not qualified for and have no experience ?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This post is barely legible, I really don't know what point you're trying to make. It's a dumb roster move, but it is insignificant. Stutzle was just put on retroactive IR from Jan 16th, meaning that tomorrow he'll come off and be added to the roster. That would put it at 24 players. Someone has to come off. I don't see that someone being anyone but Haley.
How is it insignificant? What message are you sending to White and Chlapik? What message are you sending the other prospects in the pipeline?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I can't believe we have guys like White, Brown, Formenton, Zub, Wolanin, and Chlapik barely playing hockey while we watch Haley Anisimov and Coburn play. Mind boggling.
This is the craziest part in all of this. What is the plan?

I have heard DJ use the "no preseason games" excuse a few times now, if that's the case, wouldn't it make more sense to use younger, fresher legs than old vets? Let the vets rotate in until they find their legs.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Probably why one of you gets paid to work in hockey and the other doesn’t? Did you expect you would understand every element of a position your not qualified for and have no experience ?

So far DJ’s NHL head coaching resume includes finishing in 2nd last. Based on the decisions he’s making and the results he’s achieved, he’s also not qualified.

Haley’s willing to engage in fights that he, more often than not, loses. That provides zero value to this team. If we didn’t already have Watson, Brown and Gudbranson? Sure. Give him 5 minutes. That’s not the case though.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Last week a poster was saying “it’s not like we’re dressing sabourin”. What’s dressing mike Haley?

@DaveMatthew was that you bruv

I think so. How quickly things turned. I was happy to bring in Watson and Paquette for the exact reason of keeping a plug like Sabourin off the team. A week in, we have a plug like Sabourin on the team. Unfortunate.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
So far DJ’s NHL head coaching resume includes finishing in 2nd last. Based on the decisions he’s making and the results he’s achieved, he’s also not qualified.

Lamest response you can get on this site is people telling you because you haven't worked in the NHL your opinion means nothing. Might as well shut these boards down if thats the case. Get outta here with that crap.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
what we have lacked most is speed on the forecheck and backcheck...it makes sense that Galchenyuk - White - Formenton or any one other than Anisimov, Paquette, Watson, Stepan be scratched.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Lol it may be a puzzling lineup decision, but dressing Michael Haley for a game is not going to screw up a rebuild.

I’m not just talking about Michael Haley...anisimov, paquette, Coburn, stepan, all these dudes taken time away from playing Colin white, Logan brown, Christian wolanin, galchenyuk, and to a certain degree Brannstrom and Chlapik.

and now we got white with confidence issues, wolanin speaking up about having a short leash.

Reactions: BatherSeason

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Haley’s willing to engage in fights that he, more often than not, loses. That provides zero value to this team.

Jeez - he’s been a pro coach for 15 years after playing professionally for several. Maybe, he’s learned something over that time you may not identify as a fan?

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Lamest response you can get on this site is people telling you because you haven't worked in the NHL your opinion means nothing. Might as well shut these boards down if thats the case. Get outta here with that crap.

Same thing happened with the scouting stuff after the draft. “These Twitter scouts will never get a job in the NHL so we shouldn’t take their opinions seriously! Wait what do you mean Jokke Nevalainen got hired by the Hurricanes?”

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think so. How quickly things turned. I was happy to bring in Watson and Paquette for the exact reason of keeping a plug like Sabourin off the team. A week in, we have a plug like Sabourin on the team. Unfortunate.
Happens to all of us

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Jeez - he’s been a pro coach for 15 years after playing professionally for several. Maybe, he’s learned something over that time you may not identify as a fan?

It doesn’t matter if DJ knows more than me. His job is to know more than the 30 other coaches in the league so we can win some games. So far, that’s not looking so good.

Any way you slice it, dressing Haley makes zero sense.

“We’ll I’m an NHL coach” isn’t a reason.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
sens aren't going any where if they won't play their young players. All this nonsense about playing vets is such bs.
If you don't give the young players opportunities how the f*** do you expect them to reach their potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad