Low Effort GDT SENS @ Winterpeg, Sat 10pm CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Consensus dead last in the North division, predicted by every analyst, blogger, HF poster, uber driver and stay at home moms.

"I believe we can win a Stanley cup already"
-Eugen Melnyk

"Its time to perform"
-Pierre Dorion
Melnyk said they wouldn’t be able to compete in this division this year.

Reactions: Matsens15

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The rest of the league didn’t go the other way - Winnipeg flexed on Ottawa last game and physically dominated in Those scrums. The Sens were short a heavy weight. The Jets are more skilled and physically tougher than us - this just lessens the gap on the size side.
No they flexed by being better. Haley isn’t going to even that out.
Wtf is Watson dressed for? Where was he last game. Gudbranson? Brown? Adding one more bad player to be tough does not make us “harder to flex on”

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
No they flexed by being better. Haley isn’t going to even that out.
Wtf is Watson dressed for? Where was he last game. Gudbranson? Brown? Adding one more bad player to be tough does not make us “harder to flex on”

No - they were better AND tougher. That’s why Haley is in. The Sens don’t match up well vs WPG’s heavy weights. Having Watson get pounded by Logan or Stanley doesn’t solve anything.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Scratch the 5th forward line and the 4th defence line and the rest is your lineup for tonight

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Looking forward to see Paquette playing center. He was more energized last game. Also Wolanin in

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No - they were better and tougher. The Sens don’t match up well vs WPG’s heavy weights. Having Watson get pounded by Logan or Stanley doesn’t solve anything.
Didn’t we out hit them 55-14 lmfao. And they still obliterated us. I guess Haley will add a few more of those

you’re right it doesn’t. Do you think Haley having a good fight against Stanley does??? Who says jets even want to fight

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Is what I have been babbling about starting to be a bit more clear now?

Or is it still just a petty narrow minded POV?

Haley - Paquette - Watson :laugh:

Thank God this game is at 10 pm or I would have had to cancel family activites to be able to watch this line LIVE! Can't wait, I am too excited. This is the night I'm turning my kids into Sens fans. Buckle up.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
The rest of the league didn’t go the other way - Winnipeg flexed on Ottawa last game and physically dominated in Those scrums. The Sens were short a heavy weight. The Jets are more skilled and physically tougher than us - this just lessens the gap on the size side.

We have seven skaters 6’4 or taller. I don’t think we need to add size. I saw the sens losing battles last game but I don’t think it was due to size, more related to a lack of skill, skating, or effort. It’s not like Winnipeg has any goons or agitators that specifically need to be addressed.

Adding a fourth liner (at best) won’t change anything on that front. They’ll just ignore his presence.

Besides, while he’s tough, he’s 5’10, he’s not about to act as some nuclear deterrent to the Jets using their size.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The only only thing I appreciate about DJ’s choices is that he had the balls to scratch Coburn.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
No - they were better AND tougher. That’s why Haley is in. The Sens don’t match up well vs WPG’s heavy weights. Having Watson get pounded by Logan or Stanley doesn’t solve anything.
I really don't think 5'10 Haley will do much better against 6'7 Stanley.

Reactions: Cosmix

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Does having 5’10, 34 year old Haley pounded by them solve something?

Who’s he there to protect? Stutzle isn’t playing. Maybe Wolanin needs the back-up...

It’s a decision that makes zero sense.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Legitimately don’t see why Anisimov is the 2C lmao if they are trying to pump his value from a 6th to a 5th good job team

remember how bitter Eugene was when Cameron started O’Connor over Anderson at the home opener? I wonder how he feels about benching his $4mil dollar centre every game?

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Galchenyuk was awful last game. It’s no surprise he isn’t playing. He isn’t going to play every night

After a 10 months NHL/AHL pause AND no pre-season games, I'm not sure how they expect players to get into a rythm/groove if they are not playing.

Good luck to Galchenyuk, White and Wolanin! Same for Chlapik and Balcers (already gone)

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these guys end up contributing on another team in the near future (could be next season as things should be a bit more normal)

Not saying that the 5 names above are players that the Lightning would rush to get but I mean look at the players getting reps over them : Paquette, Anisimov, Stepan, Mike Reilly, Braydon Coburn and even Michael Haley... players that don't have much of a NHL future ahead.

For a team that should still fully be in a rebuild, it's insanity.

Melnyk said they wouldn’t be able to compete in this division this year.

So why the hell would DJ and Dorion make those stupid decisions this season? If it's not coming from Melnyk who would absolutely want to start winning now, then WHY??!?!?!

Last edited:

Carl Karlsson

Jan 15, 2021
Yeah happy to see Wolanin in instead of Coburn. As for the forward lines, other than the first line .... Uhhhh, it looks like DJ just doesn't know what to do anymore. He threw all the veterans names in a blender and hoping its going to work out.... and it won't ! @ play the kids !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad