Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Wings - Oct 23, 2013

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
My god its like PM read HF. Scratches kassain, breaks up the smith line, calls up zibby, puts corvo in the line up and calls up grant.

Yes...."like" that.....

suspicious_final.gif

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Greening-Spezza-Michalek makes sense. It worked fine in 2011-12, why not run it again.

also, keep the lineup the same for the anaheim game. Good way to reward the boys for a good game.

It's not going to work like it did in 2011-12.

Neither Greening or Michalek look like the same guy.

But don't broke what 'aint fixed.

WhiteLight*

It's not going to work like it did in 2011-12.

Neither Greening or Michalek look like the same guy.

But don't broke what 'aint fixed.

still works better better than a Conacher, Michalek, Ryan rotation.

Greening is miles better when he plays with Spezza. Main reason is he doesn't have to handle the puck. But he also skates fast and will plant his ass in front of the net so it opens space for Spezza

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
still works better better than a Conacher, Michalek, Ryan rotation.

Greening is miles better when he plays with Spezza. Main reason is he doesn't have to handle the puck. But he also skates fast and will plant his ass in front of the net so it opens space for Spezza

I don't disagree that it's better for Greening and the team as a whole.

But Spezza's two goals were due to a PP set up and an individual effort by him.

I didn't see Greening nor Michalek actively contributing to his offence in this game.

WhiteLight*

I didn't see Greening nor Michalek actively contributing to his offence in this game.

Wasn't Greening in front of the net screening?

If Ryan is on that line, Ryan needs a lot more touches than Greening. When Greening is out there, he's pretty much just a huge distraction for the other team. Spezza gets more touches and handles the puck more, and hence looks more dangerous offensively.

Spezza DOES things with the puck. He's not stealthy like Heatley to just one touch it to the back of the net. The more Spezza has the puck the more dangerous he is.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I will give you Michalek, but this was Greening's first game with Spezza this year. Too small a sample size to complain, and regardless he wasn't making a bunch of mistakes. Greening also got the screen on Spezza's pp goal

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Touche on the screen.

Neil and Conacher did a good job on Cowen's as well.

It's going to be interesting for Spezza to be the only real puck handling guy on his line. I'm willing to wait and see for the time being.

In the past, he could use Michalek a bit more but man is that guy fighting the puck like you wouldn't believe.

WhiteLight*

Touche on the screen.

Neil and Conacher did a good job on Cowen's as well.

It's going to be interesting for Spezza to be the only real puck handling guy on his line. I'm willing to wait and see for the time being.

That's pretty much his job. To just be there. Force people to cover him and let Spezza do his magic.

Greening shall henceforth be known as ''The Distraction''.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Is it just me or the way Conacher plays, he can play on any line. I would love for him to start seeing goals, but i'm not complaining so far. His play has been pretty consistent

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Game replay is on TSN2 right now. Still in the 1st 9.12 left to play and Spezza just scored the pp goal Sens up 2-0. Hope they win.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I love it when they win on both broadcasts.

You can really watch the game within a game on the replay. Some guys show really well when you see the board play, intercepted pucks, hits....

Man you have to watch that Ryan 3-0 snipe again. He looks at the net looks down and lets it rip without looking again. He knows exactly where the hole is and he hits it dead on with high velocity. What a natural this guy is!

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You can really watch the game within a game on the replay. Some guys show really well when you see the board play, intercepted pucks, hits....

I usually PVR the game and take my time since I hate the commercial breaks between periods.

I'll rewind shifts and the like.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I usually PVR the game and take my time since I hate the commercial breaks between periods.

I'll rewind shifts and the like.

I record every Sens game too in HD but noticed the replay was on TSN2 and started watching it for a bit anyway.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
If it wasn't for the fact Michalek is good defensively, I wouldn't even want him in the lineup. At this point he's nothing more than a 3rd liner because of all his injuries.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
My god its like PM read HF. Scratches kassain, breaks up the smith line, calls up zibby, puts corvo in the line up and calls up grant.

If Maclean is making coaching decisions based on HFBoards, dude needs to return his Jack Adams trophy to the league with his tail between his legs, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad