GDT: SENS @ WILD | EK-LESS EDITION | MARCH 30th 2017 8PM | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well there is a problem with saying he made bad decision lately.. at the beginning of the year, he was taking the same kind of decision, but the player answered and they make him look good.

Now it's the other way around, player can't do ****.

Eapecially Anderson. What if one of his bad game were good and Anderson is back to god mode. Than we say Boucher is a genius.

Right now, the blame is on the player for not showing up at this crucial part of the season.

But it is Bouchers job to make sure the right goaltender is in net. Condon needed to start one of those back to backs against the Habs. Anderson probably should have been pulled after the 3rd goal just to wake up the players.

Wouldn't be surprised if Anderson is still playing with an injury.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Man, does Andy ever struggle with bombs from the point. Word is out on him now - shoot from the point, because if you get it through you've got a good chance to score.

Anderson goes through these lulls where he looks disengaged. A certain orange hued President would call him "low energy". A game watching from the bench might fire up his competitive juices.

And holy @#@#, do our forwards ever need to step up. No net drive, no traffic, no compete level. It's embarrassing. I know we love to roast Ceci and Phaneuf, but just look at our forwards tonight.

We don't look like we could beat the Helen Keller School right now, so my expectation is another ugly loss in Winnipeg...

When the forward are going to be able to keep some puck control and possession for more than 5 sec in the Ozone, we are going to see less mistake in the Dzone.. pretty logic right?

So yeah, i agree, the forward are a big reason that we struggle on defence right now.

A good defence start with a good offense. When you are in their zone, you don't need to defend.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
But it is Bouchers job to make sure the right goaltender is in net. Condon needed to start one of those back to backs against the Habs. Anderson probably should have been pulled after the 3rd goal just to wake up the players.

Wouldn't be surprised if Anderson is still playing with an injury.

I don't disagree, i want to make it clear. But the players are certainly equally to blame right now.

Boucher has made some random decision lately, but the player haven't answer. Minus some player who are always the same.. Karlsson, Hoffman etc

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I actually want us to drop to #8. Face the Washington capitals there will be no expectations, id be happier if lose to Washington in a 7game series rather than leafs, bruins or Habs.

yeah this teams been laying eggs the last couple of weeks... really frustrating to watch

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Apparently there was a long closed door player meeting.

Good, hopefully all of them got a talking too.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Why do I even bother with this thread?!?! What a sad bunch. Missing the playoffs?!?! Really??? Step away from the ledge man...

Woopee freaking doo, we lost a game against the 2nd best team in the west without our top 2 defensemen. We just beat the Pens last week.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I actually want us to drop to #8. Face the Washington capitals there will be no expectations, id be happier if lose to Washington in a 7game series rather than leafs, bruins or Habs.

yeah this teams been laying eggs the last couple of weeks... really frustrating to watch

We won't play the Habs in round 1. At this point it's the Bruins or Leafs unless they both pass us.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Why do I even bother with this thread?!?! What a sad bunch. Missing the playoffs?!?! Really??? Step away from the ledge man...

Woopee freaking doo, we lost a game against the 2nd best team in the west without our top 2 defensemen. We just beat the Pens last week.

While I do agree it's an overreaction to be worried about making the playoffs, there's legitimate reasons to be concerned with the way the team has played lately. Yeah, they beat the Pens, but they did so with Condon standing on his head in the OT. And the Wild may be the 2nd best team in the West but they had 3 wins in March coming into this game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
While I do agree it's an overreaction to be worried about making the playoffs, there's legitimate reasons to be concerned with the way the team has played lately. Yeah, they beat the Pens, but they did so with Condon standing on his head in the OT. And the Wild may be the 2nd best team in the West but they had 3 wins in March coming into this game.

Lets also not forget that the Pens were missing a ton of players.

Yes, maybe we are all being too negative in this thread, but there is a cause for concern with the way this team is playing.

It wouldn't be that bad if the teams behind us were sucking as well, but they are all winning.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Yes, maybe we are all being too negative in this thread, but there is a cause for concern with the way this team is playing.

It wouldn't be that bad if the teams behind us were sucking as well, but they are all winning.

they are all winning now, there have been times when they were all losing too. Sport fans in general get caught up in short term trends and tend to go overboard. Just look at the main boards this month. Carolina was making a run, then they were out of it, now they are making another push, TB too. Were the leafs going to make the playoffs? Boston was gonna fall out of the playoffs for the third straight season. Things change every week, right now Ottawa is in a tough stretch but still sit in a favourable position. Way too soon for this level of hysteria.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Ok, so should the Wild be worried about the playoffs too?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

They've pretty much clinched the 2nd seed. They're not moving up or down.

Not really comparable to our situation. Considering the match-ups on Saturday, I fully expect us to be in 3rd place by the end of the night.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The truth is that if the team wants to make the playoffs, they need to start showing it starting on Saturday.

If they again come out with a lackluster effort (especially after having a long closed door player meeting), then that may just confirm how much these players really want the playoffs.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Don't be ridiculous. We can lose every game the rest of the season and still make the playoffs.

That's a pretty low bar to set. Anything less than home ice should be seen as a dissapointment by management.

We've had this spot for too long to give it up in the final six games of the season.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017

Did you miss the part where I agreed with you about overreacting to missing the playoffs? My reference to the Wild was that the team they lost 5-1 to was on a real slump and not the world-beating team that was tearing up the league a few months ago.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It would be tough to go back to Anderson after his last couple of games. Not his fault this game turned into a **** show, but he started the **** show with his mistake on the 1st goal.

Minnesota put in Stalock because Dubnyk needed a rest and they wanted to show the team that they haven't been playing good enough. So they put in a ahl goaltender so that the team can try to play better.

Well Boucher should now do the same thing. Sit Anderson and play Condon.

Last edited:

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

But to be fair we can say the same thing for the Sens last night they were missing some key players, it's something that we have to keep in mind.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
So much for having a good feeling about this game... Losing Smith, even though he's been slumping, is a really big deal. We have no net drive. Having Ziba right about now would have been key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad