GDT: SENS @ WILD | EK-LESS EDITION | MARCH 30th 2017 8PM | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
s8LLQMj.jpg

Ottawa 41-25-9 (2nd Atlantic) vs Minnesota 44-24-8(2nd Central)

Cgkk045.jpg

Staal has 39 points in 44 games against Ottawa

Jo0KowK.jpg

The Ottawa Senators made an important stop in Minnesota on Wednesday ahead of Thursday’s big game against the Wild.

fZQPfYR.jpg

Turris and the boys practice this morning in Minny.

PROJECTED LINEUPS

OTTAWA

Dzingel-Turris-Ryan

Smith-Brassard-Stone

Hoffman-Pageau-Pyatt

Stalberg-Kelly-Wingels
(Burrows out, upper body injury)

Phaneuf-Ceci

Claesson-Jokipakka
(No EK :cry:)

Borowiecki-Wideman

Andy starts

MINNY

Stewart-Staal-Coyle

Zucker-Koivu-Granlund

Niederreiter-Hanzal-Pominville

Haula-Eriksson Ek-White

Suter-Spurgeon

Scandella-Dumba

Brodin-Follin

Stalock starts

LAST MEETING | NOV 13th | 2-1 OT LOSS

GO SENS!

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Wild on an epic losing streak AND starting the 3rd stringer, considering the teams struggles dealing with both individually...when combined this could be the toughest game of the year!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Awesome that the players went to visit Jonathan Pitre.

Is Stalberg hurt or something? I don't understand why he's the odd man out right now.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
Id prefer to switch Burrows and Dzingel. But then again I don't get paid to make those decisions.

Burr hasn't really impressed me outside of a few plays. He's been good enough to play, just very meh.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd like to see the lines shaken up. They need something to get them going.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brass-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
regular 4th

At least it's something different

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'd like to see the lines shaken up. They need something to get them going.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brass-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
regular 4th

At least it's something different

As well as Hoffman has played with Pyatt and Pageau, I think its beyond time for him to move up with the rest of the top 6. The offense is struggling and he's the team's best goal scorer. Put him in a position to score goals. No need to really over think this. Put the best players together. Pyatt and Pageau will continue to be a solid shut down even without Hoffman.

The other option is to move Stone onto Hoff and Pageau's RW and let them be the de facto top line.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
As well as Hoffman has played with Pyatt and Pageau, I think its beyond time for him to move up with the rest of the top 6. The offense is struggling and he's the team's best goal scorer. Put him in a position to score goals. No need to really over think this. Put the best players together. Pyatt and Pageau will continue to be a solid shut down even without Hoffman.

The other option is to move Stone onto Hoff and Pageau's RW and let them be the de facto top line.

Yeah that could work too. Stone makes others better. Turris is hot right now and Hoffman, like you said, is our best pure goal scorer. So ptu the HST line back together and have a legit 1st line.

Dzingel-Brass-Ryan doesn't realyl excite me, but neither does Smith-Turris-Ryan, so meh.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd like to see us load up the top 6.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone (HST line)
Dzingle - Brassard - Ryan (should be a solid 2nd line
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt (shutdown line)
Burrows - Kelly - Wingels (should be solid defensively, hope Stalberg comes back and pushes Kelly to the pressbox)

I'd also be open to swapping Smith and Dzingel, here.

If Stalberg is back, maybe shake up the bottom 6 like this:

Burrows - Smith - Wingels (should be a solid 3a/3b line with a bit of offensive touch.)
Stalberg - Pageau - Pyatt (dedicated line matching group, I think these guys could drive top lines nuts)

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I'd like to see us load up the top 6.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone (HST line)
Dzingle - Brassard - Ryan (should be a solid 2nd line
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt (shutdown line)
Burrows - Kelly - Wingels (should be solid defensively, hope Stalberg comes back and pushes Kelly to the pressbox)

I'd also be open to swapping Smith and Dzingel, here.

If Stalberg is back, maybe shake up the bottom 6 like this:

Burrows - Smith - Wingels (should be a solid 3a/3b line with a bit of offensive touch.)
Stalberg - Pageau - Pyatt (dedicated line matching group, I think these guys could drive top lines nuts)
HST line... appropriately Ottawa.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Karlsson looks like he's captaining an 18th century steamship in this picture.

Fittingly, "18th century steamship" is also how I'd describe our offence recently.

Lol that is an old-timey suit no doubt. Gold buttoned and double-breasted, going full 18th century robber baron.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought I heard that Stalberg was ready to play & was travelling with the team & could play tonight in Minny? I'm guessing Anderson starts tonight? If we lose tonight it could be the start of a goalie controversy in Ottawa or at least on this board. :laugh:

If Stalberg does play tonight, who comes out? My guess is Dzingel, however, I would sit Kelly for a game to see if they can create three scoring line & see how Stalberg would do on a scoring line. Putting Smith at centre gives Ottawa a little more size & sandpaper down the middle.

Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Stalberg - Smith - Stone
Pyatt - Pageau - Wingels

Kelly/Neil

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I thought I heard that Stalberg was ready to play & was travelling with the team & could play tonight in Minny? I'm guessing Anderson starts tonight? If we lose tonight it could be the start of a goalie controversy in Ottawa or at least on this board. :laugh:

If Stalberg does play tonight, who comes out? My guess is Dzingel, however, I would sit Kelly for a game to see if they can create three scoring line & see how Stalberg would do on a scoring line. Putting Smith at centre gives Ottawa a little more size & sandpaper down the middle.

Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Stalberg - Smith - Stone
Pyatt - Pageau - Wingels

Kelly/Neil

Ideally Kelly would be out. Our PK has been pretty bad recently and that's with him on it so I don't see much of a reason to keep him in

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ideally Kelly would be out. Our PK has been pretty bad recently and that's with him on it so I don't see much of a reason to keep him in

I have a hard time believing Kelly will come out, but he is without question (imo) the guy that provides the least right now.

He's a liability at 5v5 and even if he was amazing on the PK, ~3 or 4 PK shifts a game can't possibly be enough to keep him in the lineup

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Dzingel looks like he needs a rest. I can't remember the last time I saw him burn by a defender with his speed. If Dzingel isn't bringing speed, he's not bringing much else to the team with this Condra-esque finishing ability.

If Stalberg is healthy then I'd dress him and have Dzingel sit out a game or two.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Oh god no... Karlsson a likely scratch tonight according to dean brown....

This game won't be pretty.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team already has trouble scoring. Remove Karlsson from the team and our scoring will get even worse.

Then there is the fact that Stalock apparently had 4 straight shutouts before getting recalled.

This game is going to be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad