GDT: SENS @ WILD | EK-LESS EDITION | MARCH 30th 2017 8PM | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn't mind a no-expectations matchup as the huge underdog against the Caps. Sens have played pretty well against them, and Caps are legendary playoff disappointments. Ottawa seems suited to frustrating and counter-attacking good teams, not trying to dominate less talented opponents.

At what point does this organization and fanbase get tired of being an underdog?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Who knows how the game plays out if Anderson doesn't immediately gift the Wild a goal right after we take the lead.

Also, can we get a ****ing save when we need one. I think he came back from injury too soon. I say Condon gets the start on Saturday and if he wins gets it again on Monday.

Anderson woul dget back in on Tuesday and hopefully is refreshed.

Just one hell of an ugly game.

Players only meeting incoming!!!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If the next 2 games by the Sens are 2 losses and the trailers get 2 more straight wins then I'll get concerned too

I am already concerned.

This team has been garbage ever since they got off the 6 game winning streak.

They can't score. Anderson is having brain farts game after game now.

It has become really frustrating to watch.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Who knows how the game plays out if Anderson doesn't immediately gift the Wild a goal right after we take the lead.

Also, can we get a ****ing save when we need one. I think he came back from injury too soon. I say Condon gets the start on Saturday and if he wins gets it again on Monday.

Anderson absolutely needs to sit.

It is getting to the point where he is costing us games.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
You know what we need to energize the team?

Some G-S-N line magic.

Let's reacquire Greening from Toronto for some future considerations

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

I don't call out Boucher often. But i will do it. He often say, if you play well, your in. Best player play.

It's time that Condon play until Anderson prove that he play better. I could not care less if Condon start the playoff. If he bring us there, you play him.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't call out Boucher often. But i will do it. He often say, if you play well, your in. Best player play.

It's time that Condon play until Anderson prove that he play better. I could not care less if Condon start the playoff. If he bring us there, you play him.

If i don't see Condon starting on Saturday, then i will question whether Boucher wants to actually win.

If Anderson is injured or not mentally there, this is not the time to let him play through it.

Two games in a row Anderson has a brain fart. Anderson has allowed 19 goals in his last 6 starts. 17 goals if you don't want to count shootout goals.

We are not getting the goaltending anymore.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
At what point does this organization and fanbase get tired of being an underdog?

In the Sens case, I'd say never, at least not while Melnyk still owns the team. I think Melnyk loves to be in this position when he speaks to the media, like it justifies what he does. He speaks about the crimes that are happening to his team and he couldn't do that (in his mind) if he went out and spent to the cap every year instead of playing the wait and see approach.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I am already concerned.

This team has been garbage ever since they got off the 6 game winning streak.

They can't score. Anderson is having brain farts game after game now.

It has become really frustrating to watch.

We have been bad since Ryan's return.. other than Hoffman-Turris-Karlsson. Nobody score. We need any other 10 forward to score a goal here and there.

Our "upgraded" 4th line hasn't score in a while. Dzingle-Ryan-Brassard-Smith-Pyatt no goal since a long time.. they need to be shaked up.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Aside from the first goal, Anderson wasn't bad. He just didn't make a great save on the goals that were scored. Can't blame it all on him. Some really high quality chances being given up on a regular basis.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Ouch!!!! this was a brutal game!!! holy ****

I think the guys are getting out of gas here, they have push so hard all season long and now they have nothing left in the tank.

It's gonna be really interesting to see what they are made of in the last six games of the season.

Toronto, Boston and Tampa are coming fast behind us, they better ****ing wake-up here before its too late, they have their own destiny in their hands but right now they're pissing it all away.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Aside from the first goal, Anderson wasn't bad. He just didn't make a great save on the goals that were scored. Can't blame it all on him. Some really high quality chances being given up on a regular basis.

And that is the problem. He is not making any big saves.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Boucher needs to call some practices. The more they rest the more out of gas they get. If Boucher doesn't want to run them then let his assistants to it. He can stay in bed and sleep late if he wants but these guys need to skate more they have no energy.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We aren't scoring either. No dangerous shots. No one wants to shoot. It's infuriating that when a team so deprived of offense elects to make the extra pass or deke instead of shooting.

True, but you should also expect your goaltender to not have brain farts. That is two games in a row now.

This was always going to be a game where we had to rely on Anderson. Well we had to rely on him for a long time now, but this game especially considering we did not have Karlsson.

Who knows what would happen if he didn't make that brain fart.

If i was Boucher, i would start Condon on Saturday cause there is obviously something wrong with him. His last couple of starts proves that he doesn't have his head in the game.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
True, but you should also expect your goaltender to not have brain farts. That is two games in a row now.

This was always going to be a game where we had to rely on Anderson. Well we had to rely on him for a long time now, but this game especially considering we did not have Karlsson.

Anderson has bailed this team out on more occasions than they deserved. He hasn't been good lately but that's also on Boucher to make the logical call and ride Condon who put up excellent numbers in his last few starts. Actually Boucher has made some head scratching decisions with regards to Anderson this season. Not pulling him in the Pittsburgh blow out and playing him in a back to back against Montreal comes to mind

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Anderson has bailed this team out on more occasions than they deserved. He hasn't been good lately but that's also on Boucher to make the logical call and ride Condon who put up excellent numbers in his last few starts. Actually Boucher has made some head scratching decisions with regards to Anderson this season. Not pulling him in the Pittsburgh blow out and playing him in a back to back against Montreal comes to mind
Even tonight didn't make sense. He should of pulled Andy after the 3rd goal

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think Boucher is just way to loyal to some players.

This whole if he wants to play he play ******** needs to stop.

Anderson needs to be benched for a couple of games.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

If i was Boucher, i would start Condon on Saturday cause there is obviously something wrong with him. His last couple of starts proves that he doesn't have his head in the game.

Agree they should start Condon but dont think they should rush back Karlsson or any other injured player SaturdayThe Jets seem to be prone to injuring our players and they' re out of the playoffs now and may be even more reckless than usual.

Let the other players learn to adapt to playing without leaning on Karlsson and bring him back after the Jets.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think Boucher is just way to loyal to some players.

This whole if he wants to play he play ******** needs to stop.

Anderson needs to be benched for a couple of games.

I think you could accuse any coach of being too loyal to certain players.

Overall I've liked Boucher this year, but he's made some bad decisions lately.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Man, does Andy ever struggle with bombs from the point. Word is out on him now - shoot from the point, because if you get it through you've got a good chance to score.

Anderson goes through these lulls where he looks disengaged. A certain orange hued President would call him "low energy". A game watching from the bench might fire up his competitive juices.

And holy @#@#, do our forwards ever need to step up. No net drive, no traffic, no compete level. It's embarrassing. I know we love to roast Ceci and Phaneuf, but just look at our forwards tonight.

We don't look like we could beat the Helen Keller School right now, so my expectation is another ugly loss in Winnipeg...

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think you could accuse any coach of being too loyal to certain players.

Overall I've liked Boucher this year, but he's made some bad decisions lately.

Well there is a problem with saying he made bad decision lately.. at the beginning of the year, he was taking the same kind of decision, but the player answered and they make him look good.

Now it's the other way around, player can't do ****.

Eapecially Anderson. What if one of his bad game were good and Anderson is back to god mode. Than we say Boucher is a genius.

Right now, the blame is on the player for not showing up at this crucial part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad