GDT: SENS @ WILD | EK-LESS EDITION | MARCH 30th 2017 8PM | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Apparently there was a long closed door player meeting.

Good, hopefully all of them got a talking too.

Wonder if they showed the guys outside of Karl, Turris, Stone and Hoff how to score goals because that is the glaring issue right now, oh and pretty much the whole team being injured and not just "banged up"...those four players are the only players that can be relied upon to produce any sort of offense.

I am starting to think this system we all love so dearly might actually be a monster in disguise which has choked all offense out of the team.

Don't know where the miracle turnaround is going to come from especially at this time of year, sadly looks like a quick out again if we make it in at all. Classic Sens!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We have a good start on a rebuild....Chabot, White, Brown, Pageau, Stone, Ceci, Claesson, Condon, Hogberg...they're all young. Will Erik want to stick around? Who knows?

The only older guys (aside from Erik) I'd want to keep for a while would be Hoff, perhaps Pyatt (2 year deal type move), Smith, and maybe Turris if we get him cheap.

Dump the rest of them. :D

THIS team is fine if brown white and chabot become stars.

Okay blow it up

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Don't worry, Guy Boucher is going to bust out some of his Freudian sports psychology and penetrate the players brains and solve this problemo

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
THIS team is fine if brown white and chabot become stars.

Okay blow it up

There's a pretty good chance that Chabot will be a stud imo. Brown is a craps shoot and White isn't the kind of player that's going to break games for us (I'm high on him but an offensive dynamo he is not).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There's a pretty good chance that Chabot will be a stud imo. Brown is a craps shoot and White isn't the kind of player that's going to break games for us (I'm high on him but an offensive dynamo he is not).

Not necessarily offensive dynamo. But really good players. No more of this zibanejad lazar ceci puempel noesen stuff. These first rounders need to pan out and become true stars for us.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Next time a generational player pops up to be drafted we know the lineup that needs to be rolled out for the year that's for sure, we have joked in the past but seriously the roster appears to be AHL level minus EK65.

In retrospect I wouldn't have wanted any sort of injury to occur but given the choice it's too bad Karl didn't go down in the McDavid or Matthews years, we would have been a lock for them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Next time a generational player pops up to be drafted we know the lineup that needs to be rolled out for the year that's for sure, we have joked in the past but seriously the roster appears to be AHL level minus EK65.

In retrospect I wouldn't have wanted any sort of injury to occur but given the choice it's too bad Karl didn't go down in the McDavid or Matthews years, we would have been a lock for them.

Yeah when my leafs Habs friends say "you're nothing without karlsson". I usually respond with. We would have mcdavid and Matthews down the middle without karlsson.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah when my leafs Habs friends say "you're nothing without karlsson". I usually respond with. We would have mcdavid and Matthews down the middle without karlsson.

Lol and hard to argue with, the team certainly would have been in the mix for both without him....a 1-2 C combo with those two would be dynasty level imo

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I always see two sides to the tanking argument. One points to Chicago and Pittsburgh and the other points to Edmonton.
I never knew which side to buy. But I think there is strong logic in going hard for generational guys like McDavid and Crosby. The key is to pick your years properly, which is incredibly difficult to do I guess.

Still, this team would look dope with Matthews or McDavid on the top line. Would even be amazing to have a guy like Marner sparking the offence.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I always see two sides to the tanking argument. One points to Chicago and Pittsburgh and the other points to Edmonton.
I never knew which side to buy. But I think there is strong logic in going hard for generational guys like McDavid and Crosby. The key is to pick your years properly, which is incredibly difficult to do I guess.

Still, this team would look dope with Matthews or McDavid on the top line. Would even be amazing to have a guy like Marner sparking the offence.

The tanking ship has sailed. No team is tanking with EK on the back end.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The tanking ship has sailed. No team is tanking with EK on the back end.

Agreed. I was huge tank supporter 2-3-4- years ago. But not anymore. But if you're win now. Act like it. And I don't mean go out and outbid teams for Alex burrows.

Trade ceci + for elite help NOw. More cecis will come along. White? We get a draft every year. By the time the "Now help" is done here another white would have already developed in the system.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Agreed. I was huge tank supporter 2-3-4- years ago. But not anymore. But if you're win now. Act like it. And I don't mean go out and outbid teams for Alex burrows.

Trade ceci + for elite help NOw. More cecis will come along. White? We get a draft every year. By the time the "Now help" is done here another white would have already developed in the system.

I agree. I'm not too too concerned yet, the window is still open because Karlsson is still on this team, but this off season should definitely be a big one, a lot of changes should be made in both getting players and getting rid of others. This season is out the window, we're not doing anything, if we make the playoffs, we're going to get swept. Dorion should be focusing on the off-season.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Team needs to find a way to get out of this slump and make the playoffs.

If they miss, i fear not only what management will do becasue of it, but also what will happen to the fans?

The hardcore ones will still show up, but the casual fans may decide to just stay home next season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Funny part is that with both Spezza and Karlsson out long term, not to mention Anderson missing significant time, we ended up drafting 17th. This team would look a lot different with one of McKinnon, Barkov or Drouin up front instead of having traded Lazar for a 2nd round pick.

Sure, not a generational talent, but tanking that year wouldn't have been a bad idea, it was a strong top end. Heck, even if we landed outside the top 3, one of Jones, Monahan or Ristolainen would all make a significant impact on this team.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The upside to this game is that it'd be a great way to prank a Sens fan coming out of a coma into thinking it's 2020 and we let Karlsson walk as a UFA.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

As bad as this team can be at times, it surely won't ever be as bad as its own fanbase :laugh:

I defended that trade to start the year, but what a ****ing horrible deal, Dorion should be ashamed. No confidence with that guy as our GM.

Funny thing is a lot of people were whining about Murray. Now they are going to feel real pain like in Zibanejad and Dahlen trades. But at least, it was good financially with the Brassard deal! Youppi

Yes Conacher + 4th sucked in hindsight for Bishop but at least Murray stole Bishop for a 2nd in the first place. And look at what Bishop got traded for to LA, even after those "Elite years"

Personally, I know Burrows and I hate the fact that he will receive a lot of hate from this ***** board the next 2 years (and beyond) because of that stupid trade by Dorion.

Funny part is that with both Spezza and Karlsson out long term, not to mention Anderson missing significant time, we ended up drafting 17th. This team would look a lot different with one of McKinnon, Barkov or Drouin up front instead of having traded Lazar for a 2nd round pick.

Sure, not a generational talent, but tanking that year wouldn't have been a bad idea, it was a strong top end. Heck, even if we landed outside the top 3, one of Jones, Monahan or Ristolainen would all make a significant impact on this team.

Problem is that it is NOT an idea. It's impossible to tell 20 professional athletes to tank (lose on purpose).

Gotta love the "but seriously the roster appears to be AHL level minus EK65" type comments though. Like common... They lost one game without EK. They looked as bad or even worse several times this year WITH EK, and how many times in past years with him as well...

This team has no soul (or identity) since Alfie left.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Well, at least Phaneuf was able to tip in that 1st goal... (Then the other wheel fell off)

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
We have a good start on a rebuild....Chabot, White, Brown, Pageau, Stone, Ceci, Claesson, Condon, Hogberg...they're all young. Will Erik want to stick around? Who knows?

The only older guys (aside from Erik) I'd want to keep for a while would be Hoff, perhaps Pyatt (2 year deal type move), Smith, and maybe Turris if we get him cheap.

Dump the rest of them. :D

Turris is not gonna be cheap, he's been underpaid for years and is gonna look to cash in, he's a UFA that teams who need help down the middle would throw big money at.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'd advocate tanking+blowing up the team if Karlsson decides he doesn't want to resign.

But, let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
From what i have seen the past couple of games, this team just has no fight in them.

They don't look like they want to make the playoffs. Don't know where this type of attitude is coming from.

Boucher isn't doing anything to stop it.

The mentality of this team right now is a question mark.

This team needs a reality check. Maybe what happened in this game will finally wake up the players and make them realize that the playoffs aren't a safe bet. Who knows though.

If worse comes to worse, maybe missing the playoffs will teach these players a lesson. A lesson that they will never forget.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Guy Boucher needs another epic rant at practice to get their attention...worked last time.

Alas....no practices taking place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad