Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs in lands newly found (5:30 p.m. ET)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I was in and out, but caught about half the game or so.

Nilson looked really solid
Duclair was playing engaged.
The D as a group wasn't great but given the personnel not unexpected.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Very sloppy game, third period was atrocious to watch. Wasn't too impressed with the young kids, especially Norris who looked a little lost out there. Still, it's always nice to beat the Leafs in their "home" arena. Standouts were the goalies, Duclair and Kelly, and Brannstrom looked decent out there. Lajoie needs to work on his D.

Not much else you can point out really.

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
what everyone else said. also, sherway was pretty good. held on a bit too long a couple times but good overall. goal and assist.

Reactions: Alex1234

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Very sloppy game, third period was atrocious to watch. Wasn't too impressed with the young kids, especially Norris who looked a little lost out there. Still, it's always nice to beat the Leafs in their "home" arena. Standouts were the goalies, Duclair and Kelly, and Brannstrom looked decent out there. Lajoie needs to work on his D.

Not much else you can point out really.

Norris is returning from a shoulder injury...wouldn't be worried about him. He's an exciting player but he's gonna need time. I liked Lajoie. A bit of rust that led to a few mistakes but really sharp apart from those.

Reactions: Alex1234

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
You guys sure know how to tank so who knows hey?

We had uncle lou. We don't have that pull at the NHL anymore. Unfortunately.

On the bright side for you guys, the Raptors already planned all future championship parade routes for the city, so the Leafs can stop obsessing over that part and focus on actually winning one.

Ay! Plan the parade joke! I feel like I'm back in middle school again! I'm glad y'all still got it in ya.

Nobody would say they Leafs might be in the running for Lafreniere

I see what you did there. :naughty: I would love Lafreniere on the team though. Unfortunately we don't have our first and I hope we aren't bad this year like we were for 60% o the season last year.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't get it, is subway undercontract? I didn't see him on the cap friendly or anything.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ay! Plan the parade joke! I feel like I'm back in middle school again! I'm glad y'all still got it in ya.

Yeah, "parade" chirps have been tired for a long time, but the Raptors fairytale season this past year really opened a lot of new doors and fresh angles we never had a chance to explore on the subject back in the 90's.

It's a brave new world for chirps. Very exciting times.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, "parade" chirps have been tired for a long time, but the Raptors fairytale season this past year really opened a lot of new doors and fresh angles we never had a chance to explore on the subject back in the 90's.

It's a brave new world for chirps. Very exciting times.
I can respect that.

Reactions: Cosmix

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kelly showed really well in the rookie showcase on the PK and he was on what seemed like the first unit tonight too.

If he can be a good PK guy and agitate the way he has through these 4 games, he's gonna have a shot at being a guy who can play in the NHL.

Not a super sexy prospect but you need a few guys like that kicking around in the org. Could be useful down the road.

Reactions: Deku

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Leafs won’t be bottom ten bad, but I don’t think they’re a lock for the playoffs. All of the teams around them got better, and I doubt Tavares/Marner are going to repeat their seasons. I also don’t think Rielly is going to sniff 20+ goals again, and if Andersen ever takes a step back, they’re in serious trouble.

I think Florida could pass them this year and they could fight it out for a wildcard spot

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Leafs won’t be bottom ten bad, but I don’t think they’re a lock for the playoffs. All of the teams around them got better, and I doubt Tavares/Marner are going to repeat their seasons. I also don’t think Rielly is going to sniff 20+ goals again, and if Andersen ever takes a step back, they’re in serious trouble.

I think Florida could pass them this year and they could fight it out for a wildcard spot
The Leafs are cup contenders... it would take multiple injuries to key guys from them not to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad