Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Leafs in lands newly found (5:30 p.m. ET)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was never impressed with Kadri's game against the puck.
Also, he scored 30 goals only twice...both times he scored almost half of his goals on the PP when he was part of a strong group with several top players on it. On his own, he's not elite...not offensively and not defensively. We'll find out about Norris but I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't become a better player than Kadri.
Get ready to be disappointed. I will say that I'd be very disappointed if Norris doesn't become more likable than Kadri but you are seriously underrating Kadri on both sides of the puck. He loses his mind here and there but he can play. Should review the games where he was pitted against McDavid .. he was outstanding against probably the best in the game right now. He is going to help the Avs big time.

Reactions: NyQuil and Frank8

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We all know they are very good though. No one is disputing that. I don't imclude you in the negative posters for the record.
Oh I wasn’t responding because I thought you perceived me as negative, which I’m fine with if that be the case for me as I’ve been highly negative over lots of things the past 3 years.

I just see it make sense to praise the Leafs as a good team as they are, whether it’s a negative, positive or neutral poster.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Was at Mastercard Center this morning... they still have Kadri's face on the door for locker room 1C... Leafs must be running out of money... :sarcasm:
1*ZpB4NIQ1BrKTReRF5b0yFw.png

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Get ready to be disappointed. I will say that I'd be very disappointed if Norris doesn't become more likable than Kadri but you are seriously underrating Kadri on both sides of the puck. He loses his mind here and there but he can play. Should review the games where he was pitted against McDavid .. he was outstanding against probably the best in the game right now. He is going to help the Avs big time.

Kadri is a pesky, 30 goal scoring centreman. I'd be happier than a pig in **** if Norris even achieved that. Right now, I'm just hoping he becomes an everyday NHL player.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Probably an unpopular opinion but McDavid isn't very difficult to play against. Aho didn't just control him, he humiliated him twice last season. McDavid is a good player if given space...if not he's trash. He'd do better if he actually had some support but still. He's also pretty bad against the puck. In my opinion he's far from the best right now. The best scoring Center maybe.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Probably an unpopular opinion but McDavid isn't very difficult to play against. Aho didn't just control him, he humiliated him twice last season. McDavid is a good player if given space...if not he's trash. He'd do better if he actually had some support but still. He's also pretty bad against the puck. In my opinion he's far from the best right now. The best scoring Center maybe.
It's not an unpopular opinion, it's a verify-ably wrong opinion.

He was voted the 2nd hardest forward to play against 2 years ago by the players themselves, receiving 24% of votes

He was voted the hardest player to play against last year with 31% of the votes from the players themselves, out of 514 NHL players.

As well as being voted the best player with 64% of the players votes, out of 514 NHL players.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

More importantly....his loss is gonna hurt the Leafs bigtime :)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I would argue adding Barrie is an improvement. No team is a “lock” for the playoffs as anything could happen but I highly highly doubt they miss.

But is Barrie that much of an improvement on Gardiner? Same style of defensemen, different side. Plus they lost Hainsey, Ennis, Kadri, Zaitsev and replaces them with Kerfoot, Ceci and Spezza?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

What?

Nobody gives McDavid space, he can create it against anyone in the league. That’s how he won back to back Art Ross’. His playmaking is insane, his scoring keeps improving. He’ll get tougher and harder on the puck and more physical as he ages.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

Okay then.

And Gretzky was easy to play against, just teams weren't smart enough to lay the body on him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's not an unpopular opinion, it's a verify-ably wrong opinion.

He was voted the 2nd hardest forward to play against 2 years ago by the players themselves, receiving 24% of votes

He was voted the hardest player to play against last year with 31% of the votes from the players themselves, out of 514 NHL players.

As well as being voted the best player with 64% of the players votes, out of 514 NHL players.

Pretty sure those votings are faked...they don't make sense at all. Also the votes for favourite stadiums etc...all fake. Who checks that? Is there anyone verifying? I couldn't find anything. McDavid certainly gets abused hard by several Centermen...not just Aho. They'd never vote for him in such a voting.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
But is Barrie that much of an improvement on Gardiner? Same style of defensemen, different side. Plus they lost Hainsey, Ennis, Kadri, Zaitsev and replaces them with Kerfoot, Ceci and Spezza?
Reilly/Muzzin/Barrie >> Reilly/Gardiner/Hainsey.

The defence is improved and the offence is relatively the same. There’s probably some personal growth too in their young players. They’re not finished products yet.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Reilly/Muzzin/Barrie >> Reilly/Gardiner/Hainsey.

The defence is improved and the offence is relatively the same. There’s probably some personal growth too in their young players. They’re not finished products yet.

The difference here is Muzzin. He's huge for the Leafs. Gardiner is better than Barrie.
You mean Marner's passing is eventually gonna improve?:sarcasm:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Pretty sure those votings are faked...they don't make sense at all. Also the votes for favourite stadiums etc...all fake. Who checks that? Is there anyone verifying? I couldn't find anything. McDavid certainly gets abused hard by several Centermen...not just Aho. They'd never vote for him in such a voting.
It's the NHLPA poll. It's a vote that happens every year as a part of the players association. 514 NHL players from around the league. The NHLPA accounts for everything, why would they be faking their own votes :laugh:

No, it's not faked. It's just voted on by those who play and understand the game better than us, though it really isn't hard.

McDavid gets abused by almost no centerman, the only team he never scored at least a ppg against in the past 3 years was St. Louis in 2018/19. He abuses every single team in the league

He also has 2 Lindsey's,1st, 3rd and 5th in Hart, 3 1st team all-stars in the past 3 years.

Reactions: bert and Alex1234

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's the NHLPA poll. It's a vote that happens every year as a part of the players association. 514 NHL players from around the league. The NHLPA accounts for everything, why would they be faking their own votes :laugh:

No, it's not faked. It's just voted on by those who play and understand the game better than us, though it really isn't hard.

McDavid gets abused by almost no centerman, the only team he never scored at least a ppg against in the past 3 years was St. Louis in 2018/19. He abuses every single team in the league

He also has 2 Lindsey's,1st, 3rd and 5th in Hart, 3 1st team all-stars in the past 3 years.

McDavid is their poster boy...why wouldn't they fake it? And why would Bell Center be the most popular building? Ever thought about that? But you believe what you want...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
McDavid is their poster boy...why wouldn't they fake it? And why would Bell Center be the most popular building? Ever thought about that? But you believe what you want...
He never finished 1st the season prior, when he was their poster boy as well.

The Bell Center being the most popular building is not surprising one bit, it would be extremely strange if it wasn't top 3 :laugh:.

I'm not the one who has backed themselves into a corner and is now using "yeah but, the players polls are fake, it's just made up" as their crux. You made a dumb opinion on something that has certifiable data to prove it wrong, it happens, just own it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He never finished 1st the season prior, when he was their poster boy as well.

The Bell Center being the most popular building is not surprising one bit, it would be extremely strange if it wasn't top 3 :laugh:.

I'm not the one who has backed themselves into a corner and is now using "yeah but, the players polls are fake, it's just made up" as their crux. You made a dumb opinion on something that has certifiable data to prove it wrong, it happens, just own it.

Certifiable data? What did I miss?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Certifiable data? What did I miss?
The poll's stating that according to 514 current NHL player's that McDavid is the hardest, and 2nd hardest to play against among forwards in the league over the past 2 seasons.

The 2 Lindsey awards that say the players agree he's the best player in the league

The Hart that shows hockey journalists have viewed him as 1st, 3rd and 5th most valuable in the league

The 3 1st team all star nods

There are quite a few certifiable data points which disprove all of your opinion

The fact that you believe they are "fake" makes no difference

If they were trying to promote their poster boy, you'd think they would have him on the front page instead of J.T Brown, Dylan Demelo, Dan Hamhuis and Connor Hellebuyck (or any of the other 4 random players you get each sign in)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The poll's stating that according to 514 current NHL player's that McDavid is the hardest, and 2nd hardest to play against among forwards in the league over the past 2 seasons.

The 2 Lindsey awards that say the players agree he's the best player in the league

The Hart that shows hockey journalists have viewed him as 1st, 3rd and 5th most valuable in the league

The 3 1st team all star nods

There are quite a few certifiable data points which disprove all of your opinion

The fact that you believe they are "fake" makes no difference

If they were trying to promote their poster boy, you'd think they would have him on the front page instead of J.T Brown, Dylan Demelo, Dan Hamhuis and Connor Hellebuyck (or any of the other 4 random players you get each sign in)

I couldn't care less about trophies, polls, allstar games or whatever bs there is in the NHL. I watch games. Watch some games, for example the ones against Carolina last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->