Low Effort GDT Sens vs Leafs | Bellevegas Edition | Friday Sept. 30th, 7PM | SN1

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Has there ever been a time where a team has done terrible in preseason but did great overall in regular?
They played great against Winnipeg and outplayed a way better roster they just got out goaltended. These posts are outrageous hyperbole. Vets simply dont have the same level as desperation in these games.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
They played great against Winnipeg and outplayed a way better roster they just got out goaltended. These posts are outrageous hyperbole. Vets simply dont have the same level as desperation in these games.
35-25 shots and with them having more dangerous ones isn't being outplayed....

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Its an exhibition game with half the roster. Are these posts for real? Wait until the regular season starts before making any declarations like this.

We haven't had much of a system in our own zone for a couple years now. It's one thing when we were developing the kids and expected to be a bottom feeder. But it is a problem now when we are trying to compete.

And we have to ask, how long will it take to implement a good system in our end? And by the time it starts functioning smoothly, we might be looking outside of the playoff picture. We definitely can't pencil ourselfs in the playoffs this year. As such, any help we do get can't be at the expense of that first round pick. Not in this draft.

Reactions: Emrasie

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bert, and I did post a long post in the DJ thread about this, but have you honestly seen any type of system from DJ the past couple years? We don’t have one outside of “hustle and battle hard”
I think its pretty wild to think anyone here understands systems better than DJ Smith. Ill leave it at that.

35-25 shots and with them having more dangerous ones isn't being outplayed....
Guess you didnt watch the game.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

The boys clearly have shown hustle this game. As they have other games. We are not a completely new team, basically 2-3 new guys. Funny enough, the game against Peg is basically the one with mainly guys who never played last year and they showed more structure. Pretty telling.

It's pre-season but it's not like we have been rusty, the structure has been brutally minimal.

I'm not worried, though, very early. But it's half our A team + starter vs their C team. Down by 2 with our guys showing effort, yikes

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Ill panic once regular season starts but so far system looks as bad, no structure, no support. Collapse and stand still.

Also, pre-season freaking sucks. Way too many games watching plugs who'll never make it, I get it, its needed but man I dont know.

Last thing what's with all these adds on HF

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No coach is ever wrong then youre saying? Cuz they were the coach! No chance they could make mistakes
No i am saying no one here knows more about hockey than DJ system wise. Do people actually think they dont have a system? A friend of mine played for him in Windsor I can assure you there are systems being played. Effort and compete has been an issue tonight. Has he made mistakes sure of course. But that doesnt mean no system is being played.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
No i am saying no one here knows more about hockey than DJ system wise. Do people actually think they dont have a system? A friend of mine played for him in Windsor I can assure you there are systems being played. Effort and compete has been an issue tonight. Has he made mistakes sure of course. But that doesnt mean no system is being played.
They have one, it just sucks

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Preseason blah blah but Zub has shown some terrible decision making and been garbage defensively, which is kind of his only job lol

Was so focused on the additions to the top-6 I forgot about the tire fire at D lol

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Chabot and Zub have been terrible tonight. Thats not the system.

And they both definitely need to be called out for it. I get the vets don't care all that much (edit: about preseason), but they also owe it to the kids to give them a platform to perform their best. Not liking the lazy attitude with Chabot in particular lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00