Low Effort GDT Sens vs Leafs | Bellevegas Edition | Friday Sept. 30th, 7PM | SN1

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am just going to say this. It was a very disappointing game, they werent ready to play for whatever reason. Some vets were pretty bad tonight from an effort perspective. So if people want to vent and get upset go for it. But keep in mind its pre-season. This isnt the team, or the system they will be playing as a group.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Sloppy as f***ing hell. Look at the filthy sauce that lead to a Batherson goal-- this is not a personnel problem, we have the right dudes both front n back.
Lets be real, our D isnt THAT bad, not bottom of the league bad.
DJ needs to figure it the f*** out and implement systems that actually work, I really hope hes on a short leash after how hot Pierre got this summer.

Reactions: Emrasie

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think its pretty wild to think anyone here understands systems better than DJ Smith. Ill leave it at that.

Guess you didnt watch the game.

I never said i knew systems better than DJ.

But what is DJ’s system right now? Because I’m struggling to see it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I never said i knew systems better than DJ.

But what is DJ’s system right now? Because I’m struggling to see it.
Probably because its all random players playing with each other and they havent practiced it as a unit. Know each others tendencies etc. What I saw tonight was one team that was way more desperate than another team. First on loose pucks won more one on one battles etc. Similar to Ottawa and Winnipeg. Sens were the better team they got out power played and out goalied. Chabot and Zub in particular were just so bad tonight. They simply have to be better.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
I am just going to say this. It was a very disappointing game, they werent ready to play for whatever reason. Some vets were pretty bad tonight from an effort perspective. So if people want to vent and get upset go for it. But keep in mind its pre-season. This isnt the team, or the system they will be playing as a group.
It IS preseason, and although I may come across as tilted I still fully recognize its preseason but... any loss to the Leafs is rough, just because now thats what im going to be reading about ad nauseum on social media for the next week.
It doesnt matter at the end of the day because preseason but hot damn, in these games I still expect us to put in little more mustard on it than that. The lack of effort is a little disappointing, still excited for the season nonetheless tho.... short leash is all I gotta say

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Probably because its all random players playing with each other and they havent practiced it as a unit. Know each others tendencies etc. What I saw tonight was one team that was way more desperate than another team. First on loose pucks won more one on one battles etc. Similar to Ottawa and Winnipeg. Sens were the better team they got out power played and out goalied. Chabot and Zub in particular were just so bad tonight. They simply have to be better.

So what was the system we had last year when we had a full healthy NHL lineup? Because it looks the same this year

Reactions: Emrasie and Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So what was the system we had last year when we had a full healthy NHL lineup? Because it looks the same this year
Why dont we wait and see what it looks like with this NHL lineup before deciding if its no good. It seemed to be fine once they got out of the covid frenzy that destroyed this team last year.

They need a good start this year obviously and frankly how Chabot played in particular tonight was really troubling. The lack of urgency was borderline embarassing. He is supposed to be a leader. What was he minus 2... 3?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
To me it looked like Toronto iced better (and perhaps have better) prospects than the Sens.
The Senators pipeline hasn't been this weak in a very long time. Watching the young players in the rookie tournament and now in the first half of pre-season - it's grim.

Not much coming up on the horizon.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Senators pipeline hasn't been this weak in a very long time. Watching the young players in the rookie tournament and now in the first half of pre-season - it's grim.

Not much coming up on the horizon.
Which makes no sense they've been a lottery team for 5 straight seasons.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Why dont we wait and see what it looks like with this NHL lineup before deciding if its no good. It seemed to be fine once they got out of the covid frenzy that destroyed this team last year.

They need a good start this year obviously and frankly how Chabot played in particular tonight was really troubling. The lack of urgency was borderline embarassing. He is supposed to be a leader. What was he minus 2... 3?

Fair enough. We can revisit 10 games in or so

Reactions: bert

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I was just scouring the internet and I can't even find NHL preseason statistics from years past. Like goals and assists, or even wins and losses by NHL teams.
I usually google Ottawa Senators season by season, or Toronto Maple Leafs season by season for example. The only stats I can find are regular season and playoffs.
It does I guess show how preseason is not very important, but still I find it strange that in this world of information that I can not find any information about preseason records by teams or player stats in the preseason.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
on a bright note, Timmy at least gave the fans a couple of highlights tonight. So excited to watch him play this season.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

I agree the lines are in a blender but I don’t think it’s fair to paint these guys as random players, everyone but Rubins has already played in the Sens “system” either in Ottawa or in Belleville where Mann says he implements a system similar to DJ’s for consistency.

Several years into his coaching tenure it should be more clear what to expect of players defensively.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well it was fun while it lasted in here!

From the looks of things it’s going to be a neck and neck battle for whipping boy title between ‘pipeline’ and ‘systems’ :)

I expect a new vein of experts to be born this season, claiming ‘appeal to authority’ timeouts when challenged.

I can’t wait! ;)

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
He's played 60 games in the last 2 years on 3 different teams total. Maybe let him play a few more before you decide what he is. He is likely still figuring it out. He has good raw tools and knows what he is doing in this game today. He's been heavy on the forcheck and good on the cycle. I simply dont understand why so many that post here dont understand player development. How long have you followed this team? There are countless examples of players making it in their mid 20's. Not every player comes in and is a finished product as a teenager.

Whats the bolded part? You want him to fight Simmonds? Are you serious?
Boucher is a 19 year old OHL player.in camp for the experience. Why would anyone expect him to have a fully rounded NHL game and a strong sense of what kind of player he is? Ridiculous. He's a big, strong, speedy kid who looked just fine tonight and will be an NHL player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad