GDT: Sens vs Jets|Feb 9th 2PM|CBC, RDS, Team 1200

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Sheesh. OK. The Sens put in a stinker today. Even the high-flying Sens of the good old days put in stinkers now and again where nothing got going. It isn't the end of the world, folks.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Lets be honest can Turris be the #1 C NOPE are we going to rely on Silf and Zibby as top 6 players thats unfair to them..Alfie is 40 .Michalek is nothing without Spezza. Like i said in a previous thread lets not put too much on the youngsters..Murray has to help them out.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I don't understand did everyone get the memo when Murray mentioned a rebuild? I was there i got it and it has been discussed in length on this board. We have a spectacular surprising season last year and now this year in a shortened season full of sooooo many variables, a bunch of you lose your mind ? I don't get it we are rebuilding, we are not a top tier team competing for the cup plain and simple. Why can't we let the kids develop and play their hearts out, end the season, hit the draft and FA and go from there ?

People need to relax just enjoy hockey is back win or lose I am stoked to be watching the sens again. But what do I know I am just the idiot guy who posts stupid pictures.

I didnt believe Murray when he tried to tell us we were contenders a few years back...

The point of every game, every season is to win games, rebuild or not.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Lets be honest can Turris be the #1 C NOPE are we going to rely on Silf and Zibby as top 6 players thats unfair to them..Alfie is 40 .Michalek is nothing without Spezza. Like i said in a previous thread lets not put too much on the youngsters..Murray has to help them out.

Murray does not have to help them out. Fans just need to be patient.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
It's getting increasingly difficult to watch Colin Greening do anything with the puck. He is known as a play killer.

Also, the Smith, Neil, Greening line should never play together. Whatever the opposite of chemistry is, they've got it in spades.

Positives: Zibanejad, Turris, and Methot are better than I thought they would be this year so far.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
They were good just a couple of days ago (with no W to show for, unfortunately), so let's not overreact. Stinkers happen.

Bishop, Da Costa and Weircioch were great. Methot, Turris and Alfie were fine. Losing another C early in the game can't have helped. Our depth is being tested big time. We live and die by Karlsson though, and today he wasn't at his best (to say the least). He plays a high risk high reward game, and today it didn't go his way.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Da Costa was beastttttttttttt.

By the way, Karlsson is the only person on this team that can enter the zone. It's pathetic to watch because you want him to be the guy to be SET-UP for the shot or the one making the pass from the point, not driving to the net as the only guy there and forced to take a shot out-wide cause no one infront of the freakin' net.

Gonchar was horrid. My God he is terrible on offense now, he is still serviceable defensively but wow... He ruined our PP's with horrible hustle and puck management. The place you expect him to be the most useful at.

Wiercioch looked either really good at times or really bad at others. Always trying to force the play.

Michalek... Lol, Dear Milo what are you doing with your life.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Da Costa was beastttttttttttt.

By the way, Karlsson is the only person on this team that can enter the zone. It's pathetic to watch because you want him to be the guy to be SET-UP for the shot or the one making the pass from the point, not driving to the net as the only guy there and forced to take a shot out-wide cause no one infront of the freakin' net.

Gonchar was horrid. My God he is terrible on offense now, he is still serviceable defensively but wow... He ruined our PP's with horrible hustle and puck management. The place you expect him to be the most useful at.

Wiercioch looked either really good at times or really bad at others. Always trying to force the play.

Michalek... Lol, Dear Milo what are you doing with your life.

Agreed

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It's absolutely useless if you put Michalek with guys who are less skilled than him. He'll just look like he is a 3rd liner at best. I was also really impressed with by boy Daugavins.

Michalek-Turris-Zibanejad
Silfverberg-DaCosta-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Neil
Daugavins-Smith-Condra

EDIT: :highfive: benny

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
For how long?

And this rebuild is a myth its ****..Give me a stanley cup winner with just a damn rebuild..

Patient my ass

The Sens have added 8 new players from last year's team, as well they are currently missing Spezza.

If you can't understand the effect this degree of change has on team chemistry, then I respectfully suggest you find another team to support.

IMO Sens fans have been extremely fortunate there has been more games like today's since the rebuild started.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
The Sens have added 8 new players from last year's team, as well they are currently missing Spezza.

If you can't understand the effect this degree of change has on team chemistry, then I respectfully suggest you find another team to support.

IMO Sens fans have been extremely fortunate there has been more games like today's since the rebuild started.

True,
silly people on this board think we should win every night with this lineup.
:(

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad