GDT: Sens vs Jets|Feb 9th 2PM|CBC, RDS, Team 1200

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
This could end up worse than 2010-11 because of how long Spezza is out for if they don't make a move to try and stop the bleeding.

The Sens have mostly only faced bottom feeders so imagine playing like this when it's the top teams.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
EK was fairly flat and so was the team. Guess the team doesnt like these afternoon games at all, its to early for them...

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Thought Bishop, DaCosta and Wiercoch were the only ones who played decent today, rest looked like they didnt want to hustle to get the anything going.

And Greening and Michalek can't get much done without Spezza, maybe it's time to call some young forward up from bingo or something to get some competition going.. wouldn't hurt..

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
What a ****ing disgrace but this is what life without Spezza was always going to be. Forces our centers up a spot in the depth chart where they're not comfortable.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Also, I really fear Murray doing something stupid to try and fix this. We know how bad he's been in the trade market before when there is pressure to win.

And dont bother bringing up the trades from 2 years ago. Easy to trade when there is no pressure on you.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno. There's no bleeding, provided the team executes. This was just ugly though, everyone had an off game, and the only time the Sens ever established anything was in the last few minutes of a period.

Maybe we haven't been watching the same team. The only legit game we've deserved to win since Spezza has been injured is the game in Montreal where we won 5 - 1...and that was largely just a special teams clinic.

Washington, Carolina, Montreal, Buffalo, Carolina and now tonight. We've looked terrible in all of those games as a whole (even with Karlsson playing out of his mind) and those are all middle to low end teams at best.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The Sens have mostly only faced bottom feeders so imagine playing like this when it's the top teams.

Yeah I was in the middle of posting about that. We've looked good in 1 of 7 games since Spezza has been out, and it was a game that was spent mostly on the PK or PP. Nothing really indicative of our play. As the sample grows we're really going to see how bad this team is without Spezza.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Also, I really fear Murray doing something stupid to try and fix this. We know how bad he's been in the trade market before when there is pressure to win.

And dont bother bringing up the trades from 2 years ago. Easy to trade when there is no pressure on you.

It would be terrible if he did another Turris or Methot trade.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
What a ****ing disgrace but this is what life without Spezza was always going to be. Forces our centers up a spot in the depth chart where they're not comfortable.

For a guy who started on the bottom six, then made the jump into the third on a top line with Alfredsson, I gotta say he looked pretty damn good. Made some nice passes and slick moves. Seemed comfortable considering he had a change up in line mates and minutes played in a span of no time. Pretty good third period from him. Next game he has to start in your top six. Points should come soon.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
I hate everything that Greening decides to be as a player. He has amazing size and speed and uses neither consistently. Honestly, for someone who has beat Karlsson repeatedly in races, I never see him win races during games. Add to that his horrible decision making and lack of offensive creativity and we have ourselves a pretty much useless player on most nights.

all this to say, he would be the player i bench when Latendresse comes back. (if he does, and assuming its in the near future)

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well a move for Weiss (like we've been linked to) or if something comes from Anaheim (as Senschirp has said we were in talks with) I can't imagine it being a terrible trade for us.

Honestly we have good pieces, and we could make the playoffs this year but we need help up front. I don't think people have really realized just how much Spezza carries this offence (even after 10-11) but if it's not evident now you need to get your eyes checked. This offence needs help...and now.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Oh, you mean the miracle run where everything basically went our way and no one was injured for a significant amount of time? Really? You expect to see the same thing re-created when our #1 C, our best offensive player, is out for basically the rest of the season? You're blaming the coaching staff? :laugh:

McLean knows what he's doing, and his system has worked wonders with this team. Our players, almost on a whole, were just bad today. "This year"? This is typical. We lose a game (very poorly, but I digress) and the fan base burns down their house. We're a winning team right now without a #1 C when we're in a re-building year.

So our players, almost on a whole, were just bad today you say. They weren't too hot against Carolina either. That is my point, all of the players are not putting out 100%, and that is something the coach has to address. Last year the team worked very hard to succeed, this year not so much. Of course they miss Spezza, 4th leading points scorer last year----even more reason for them to work harder than normal, which they aren't.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think people have really realized just how much Spezza carries this offence (even after 10-11)
Who doesn't know this already? Very few think the above. Spezza already has nothing to work with, without him there's nothing up there.

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
Well that was the ugliest, sloppiest, and most painful game that I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through.

On a more positive note:
- DaCosta played a really solid game
- Bishop looked a helluva lot better. Actually playing like a goalie that we can trust
- Alfie is finally starting to find his legs after sitting around all lockout
- Lundin is handsome

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Wrong, stop coming out after a crappy game, the players in general that had an off game have showed up in other games.

If you successfully give me an example of a coach who made it all the way to coaching an NHL team that just flat out changed styles because of "some other guy" and had it turn out to be successful, let me know. MacLean is a demanding coach. It doesn't mean he has to scream and yell to be effective though.

Believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe. It's the only way we will get along I think.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Getting so sick of Smith and his dumb surprised look when he takes his once-a-game penalty.

Da Costa definitely looked solid.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Methot played well. He was left alone to defend quite often both in front of the net and along the boards. He's the only D who exerted some muscles and knocked guys off the puck in the D zone. I'm still happy about that trade even though it cost us Foligno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad