GDT: Sens vs Jets|Feb 9th 2PM|CBC, RDS, Team 1200

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Missed the third period, anyone want to fill me in or did we suck as much as we did in the first 2?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
bears_zps62f7664f.png

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
18Hossa said:
So I missed the good part. What happened on their goal?

Karlsson giveaway trying to chip it out of the defensive zone along the boards. Jets intercept get in front of Bishop, fire a shot and redirect over Bishop's glove. Game.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Didn't check to see if anyone said this but it's not just one game, Sens have won only 1 of their last 5.

coincidentally that's about when spezza went down. anyone heard from mak if he still thinks we don't need spezza?

i hope latendresse is not hurt badly because we could use someone in the top 6 right about now. zib was pretty invisible in this game. but to his defense a lot of guys did as well.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
What I found today was too much east west play and not enough north south from the Senators. It seemed like they were always being pushed to the outside instead of just making room for themselves on the inside.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Karlsson giveaway trying to chip it out of the defensive zone along the boards. Jets intercept get in front of Bishop, fire a shot and redirect over Bishop's glove. Game.
Karlsson threads must be fun right now...

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Didn't check to see if anyone said this but it's not just one game, Sens have won only 1 of their last 5.

Yeah but that's not taking into account how we've played. Did you watch last game were we lost in overtime?

And we're 5th in the east so although things aren't perfect its not terrible yet.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
We're too soft on the puck and I find are always looking for the seam pass instead of taking the shot. Our offense has some positives but having only one 1 in the last 5 (thanks to pancakes for pointing that out) means that there's something we're not doing right. If we are scoring goals we're not protecting the lead and playing good defensive hockey. I understand that we're in a bit of a rebuild and are missing some key players, but if missing Spez and Cowen mean we can't play consistent hockey then there's a bit of a problem.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Yeah but that's not taking into account how we've played. Did you watch last game were we lost in overtime?

And we're 5th in the east so although things aren't perfect its not terrible yet.

How we've played? Im not ringing the panic button, but saying its only one game is certainly mischaracterizing it. You dont get points for playing well. Results matter, and those have not been on the Sens side of late. Its not like im pointing out 5 games out 40 the team has played, this is 5 of 12. For all intensive purposes, they are an .500 team at this point. And thats with Anderson playing lights out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

If you take into account our overall level of play it should be something to be worried about. We're not playing well...and it's against some of the worst teams in the league. We have won 3 of the last 7 now? (Washington, Montreal and Buffalo) but we didn't deserve to win against Washington as we were terrible, and even the Buffalo game we won wasn't great. Literally in the last 7 games we've only looked good in one and that was on the special teams almost the whole game.

There's no question that this team is trending downwards since we lost Spezza and it will get worse before it gets better if nothing is done to address that situation (just ****ing offersheet ROR).

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Woah. Just started watching a torrent of the game, this is what one of the commentators said right at the beginning:

"Looking at both those goalie's save percentages, you would think that this will be a very high scoring hockey game. Which means it'll probably be a 1-0 game at the end of the day."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->