Low Effort GDT Sens vs Jet Planes | B-Squad Edition | Tue Sep 27th 8PM | TSN5

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Not really. Chabot and Sanderson are miles better for the breakout, which is half the battle with the powerplay. And then Chabot and Sanderson are just as good at moving the puck around when setup in the zone as well.

What are you basing this on? Sanderson’s one and only pre-season game where he had two awful giveaways on the same PP?

Settle down a bit dude, your agenda is pretty obvious. I love Jake the Snake but that part of his game will take time

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if we sign formenton we are set

True.

Unfortunately it is about the only thing he does really well.
as a bottom pair he is fine who can step into a PP role. the sens have so many defensemen who arent great with the puck as is

Reactions: bert

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
What are you basing this on? Sanderson’s one and only pre-season game where he had two awful giveaways on the same PP?

Settle down a bit dude, your agenda is pretty obvious. I love Jake the Snake but he needs time and that part of the game will take time
How is he to develop that part of his game if PP time is given to Brannstrom?

You can doubt it if you want, but Sanderson was excellent on the PP in college. I have no doubt that it will translate well to the NHL.

Reactions: dumbdick

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

You can doubt it if you want, but Sanderson was excellent on the PP in college. I have no doubt that it will translate well to the NHL.

Again, you are counting your eggs before they hatch. He’s not better than Brannstrom there yet, let’s give him some time. There’s enough PP time to go around for all 3 of our more offensive D

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

he doesnt need to be given top mins in his first year. let the dude settle in jeez

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Again, you are counting your eggs before they hatch. He’s not better than Brannstrom there yet, let’s give him some time. There’s enough PP time to go around for all 3 of our more offensive D
In transition he's already better. He doesn't need to play in the NHL for me to know that. He is 10x the skater and puck mover Brannstrom is. I'd rather give more time to the future cornerstone defenseman, than the marginal bottom pairing one that is being pushed down the depth chart.

he doesnt need to be given top mins in his first year. let the dude settle in jeez
2nd PP is not top minutes. Chabot will take PP1 duties and Sanderson will end up on PP2. Maybe not to start the season, but it won't take long for him to grab that role. His skating and vision will be way too hard to pass up in that role.

Reactions: Rodzilla and Sting

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
In transition he's already better. He doesn't need to play in the NHL for me to know that. He is 10x the skater and puck mover Brannstrom is. I'd rather give more time to the future cornerstone defenseman, than the marginal bottom pairing one that is being pushed down the depth chart.
i rather make the playoff and run whoever is going

having 3 guys who can play the PP is a good thing.

I know we haven't had depth for years but it is a good thing to have

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
i rather make the playoff and run whoever is going

having 3 guys who can play the PP is a good thing.

I know we haven't had depth for years but it is a good thing to have
With the way the roster is constructed now, sure. But with Ottawa actively looking to add another defenseman, and Brannstrom's role getting diminished with the addition of other talented offensive defensemen, it's hard not to see him as the odd guy out that is actively being pushed out of the lineup. Say they trade for Chychrun or Bear tomorrow, Chabot, Sanderson, Zub, Hamonic aren't going anywhere, so that leaves Holden, JBD, Brannstrom, Zaitsev, and Thomson battling for that last spot.
Brannstrom had a fine game tonight considering the roster we played against a strong Jets squad. Y'all just hatin'.
It's not so much as hating, just disappointment that he seems to be playing with the exact same errors in his game that he's had his entire career to this point. 116 games in the NHL and he has shown little to no improvement in areas he needs to improve in if he wants to secure a full time spot on this team.

Reactions: Yak

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
i dont see it with jbd

possible bottom [airing guy
Yeah. I very sadly agree. His confidence with the puck isn't quite NHL level. I think he might carve out a reliable stay at home spot if he can iron out a few kinks. Or he might not.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Not really. Chabot and Sanderson are miles better for the breakout, which is half the battle with the powerplay. And then Chabot and Sanderson are just as good at moving the puck around when setup in the zone as well.
The breakout is not half the battle on the power play. In fact, break outs (moving the puck through and out of the defensive zone from a set position below the goal line) are nearly irrelevant on the PP.

Maybe you mean zone entry?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

If Sandy can play like he played for UND during their playoff stretch, I fully agree. He skates like Karl.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I thought team did well considering that they played a good line up and Connor Hellebuyck one best goalies in the NHL.

Our top line was out best, Mote is going to fit in nicely.

Other then the top line most of our forwards did not impress me much.I thought Sharkalov did not impress as normal. Kelly, I had to check if he was playing tonight. Grambell was whatever.

Defense was over matched, only Branny was able to keep up, sorta.

Sogaard was solid but Mando did not have a great game.

This could have been much worse, wish they sent Zaitsev to this game! Lol

Reactions: DrEasy

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Sokolov too clumsy and uncoordinated. He will be a good minor leaguer to have in the system.
Time and patience is required for some players. Remember how long it took Hoffman to crack the NHL? Now don't mistake me for saying that Sokolov will be as prolific offensively as Hoffman. But patience is key for some of these players to develop.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Solid effort by for the majority of the players. The Sens had a decent chance to win this game and probably would have if they had played Sogaard the whole game. Mandolese was really weak in net.

Really strong play by the Mott-Pinto-Joseph line. Nice to see them developing chemistry. Solid performances by guys like Kastelic, Boucher, Sokolov and Reinhardt. Some hood things from Dal Colle and Hawryluk as well.

Some mixed performances on defense so it isn't exactly clear to determine how those players should be ranked in terms of likelihood of making the team.

Kelly was fairly mediocre today and while Gambrell had some moments, I think this is close to his peak performance so I prefer a lot of other bubble players over him, as they could potentially contribute more.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
The breakout is not half the battle on the power play. In fact, break outs (moving the puck through and out of the defensive zone from a set position below the goal line) are nearly irrelevant on the PP.

Maybe you mean zone entry?
Yeah zone entry, whatever. Chabot skates the puck through the neutral zone really well, and Sanderson obviously has that ability well. Ottawa likes to attack the blue line with a lot of speed through the neutral zone, so having Chabot and Sanderson as skating options who can also make a pass are huge assets to a powerplay.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Time and patience is required for some players. Remember how long it took Hoffman to crack the NHL? Now don't mistake me for saying that Sokolov will be as prolific offensively as Hoffman. But patience is key for some of these players to develop.
I don't see it with him. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is I don't think he has it.

Reactions: Yak

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Solid effort by for the majority of the players. The Sens had a decent chance to win this game and probably would have if they had played Sogaard the whole game. Mandolese was really weak in net.

Really strong play by the Mott-Pinto-Joseph line. Nice to see them developing chemistry. Solid performances by guys like Kastelic, Boucher, Sokolov and Reinhardt. Some hood things from Dal Colle and Hawryluk as well.

Some mixed performances on defense so it isn't exactly clear to determine how those players should be ranked in terms of likelihood of making the team.

Kelly was fairly mediocre today and while Gambrell had some moments, I think this is close to his peak performance so I prefer a lot of other bubble players over him, as they could potentially contribute more.
Agree with all of this. Mandolese wow smallest big goalie I can remember seeing. Soogard played well but oh boy other than him I am not loving the pipeline in net. Hope he's the real deal. Think the sens played well given the lineups and the shaky goaltending.

Gambrell did have a good game. Kelly needs to be more involved but he was ok, that line had chances. I thought Brassard struggled, give them a better C and they might have got one. Sokolov is not ready but I see it. He needs more reps, long development curve but he forchecks hard. Has skill. Hopefully plays with Grieg and Crookshank on the first line in Belleville and they light it up.

Reactions: Yak and Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad