Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Justin Falk. 1 year, 2 way

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Credit where credit's due - Falk looked convincingly un-terrible today.

I mean, we have a decade's worth of evidence that suggests he's not very good over long stretches... but we're undefeated with Falk in the lineup, so I'm just going to enjoy all of the good games he's willing to give us at this point.
Pierre McGuire made a comment that Lajoie probably needs more time and the fact he has stayed up this long is great but he didn't feel long term as a rookie.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Meh, if he's selfish than good on him for calling him out.

Its not who says something that matters. It's what was said that matters. It's whether what was said was true or not. Not whether it was person A or person B. That doesn't matter at all.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Meh, if he's selfish than good on him for calling him out.

Its not who says something that matters. It's what was said that matters. It's whether what was said was true or not. Not whether it was person A or person B. That doesn't matter at all.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He was impactful for all of the right reasons. If he can provide that on a regular basis then he'll be a stable addition to the back end while the kids develop. Maybe Max can be sent down for a little to develop his game further.

Big hits, fight, can clear the front of the net, and was a solid in his own zone, definitely a good first showing. GB stated that he played the best that he's ever seen a player play coming in off zero practices and playing his first game for a team.

Nice bit of praise for the journeyman.

Reactions: aragorn

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
One game of a guy desperately wanting to stay in the NHL. No real point in making projections based on a single good performance.

Let's see how he is doing after 10 games.
I don't think anyone is making any projections. My guess is that Falk just exceeded everyone's (deservedly so) very low expectations.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hopefully Harpur has started to realise he can play in this league and continues his decent play,we really could use his size and decent puck skills in our blueline

Personally, I want to see Harpur become a physical Defenseman who opponents fear and look out for when he is on the ice.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Personally, I want to see Harpur become a physical Defenseman who opponents fear and look out for when he is on the ice.
I think we will see some physical play but I don't think that level of mean / agressive is in him naturally. Most seem to disagree but I have not minded his game the last couple. Does he make some mistakes ... yup. I am pretty sure every D on the Sens makes some mistakes. He needs the chance to play through them just like every one breaking into the league. I think he becomes a real serviceable bottom pair guy. I'd take him over Boro on that bottom pair.

I wonder if Lajoie gets sent down if Falk has another decent game and when Boro is ready to return

Reactions: Clayonator

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Would love to see a twin towers pairing of Harpur and Falk, even as a 3rd, and keep the reach in front of the net on the PK with one on most of the time.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Does Falk and the emerging Harpur make Boro expendable?

We all agree that he already was before these two, but is it now inevitable?

I hope so!
Chabot-Demelo
Lajoie-Jaros
Harpur-Ceci
Falk

It’s purrty.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Would love to see a twin towers pairing of Harpur and Falk, even as a 3rd, and keep the reach in front of the net on the PK with one on most of the time.
I'm picturing co-op play on nhl 19, with the two users controlling the D near the net just waving their sticks back and forth, poke-checking.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Falk played one game and Harpur played one good game, let's slow down the "twin towers" talk here folks.

Actually Harpur has strung together 2 (3?) good games in a row now. His first game back was a bit rough, but since then he's been rolling.

There's no twin tower talk, more like some type of hope that Boro is slowly being pushed out of the lineup. We would be better without him. The only thing he provides is physicality and he doesn't even fight anymore so hopefully Harpur and Falk prove they can be much more.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Excited to see the new Boro or I mean Falk in the game tonight. Like his intensity nice to see. With only one game I think he needs at least 5 or so to gauge where he stands in the line-up.

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Actually Harpur has strung together 2 (3?) good games in a row now. His first game back was a bit rough, but since then he's been rolling.

There's no twin tower talk, more like some type of hope that Boro is slowly being pushed out of the lineup. We would be better without him. The only thing he provides is physicality and he doesn't even fight anymore so hopefully Harpur and Falk prove they can be much more.
Harpur has had more than one good game. He had a shakey start of the season but has definitly looked a lot better especially right before his injury

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think we will see some physical play but I don't think that level of mean / agressive is in him naturally. Most seem to disagree but I have not minded his game the last couple. Does he make some mistakes ... yup. I am pretty sure every D on the Sens makes some mistakes. He needs the chance to play through them just like every one breaking into the league. I think he becomes a real serviceable bottom pair guy. I'd take him over Boro on that bottom pair.

I wonder if Lajoie gets sent down if Falk has another decent game and when Boro is ready to return

I suspect Lajoie may be sent down as I think he can be without losing him; whereas Falk and Boro could get taken by another team. Boro has a one-way contract so I think he stays unless he is traded which is unlikely. I don’t think there would be great interest in Falk who is on a two way contract so he could be sent to Belleville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad